Problems with AI missions, including "fixes" that aren't working...

DangerRuss

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Alright, so Im having some trouble with the AI missions linked here
http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.12169/
and the discussion thread where the fixes are described
http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-mission-system.11260/

I am running Dayz Chernarus, with SARGE AI installed, and also Blue Phoenix's Admin tool....

Problems Im running into are.. the Novy bug, where AI missions default to the center of the map, the AI are dead and the SUV is floating in the middle of the air. Vehicles spawned at AI missions despawning when you look in their gear and possibly when you're driving....

I have tried
http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-mission-system.11260/page-16#post-81044
and everything from
http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-mission-system.11260/page-17#post-81534
and to the end of the thread... I feel like perhaps the issue with the cleanup is these people are posting code for epoch, and I am not running epoch...
But I have no idea why the Missions are still spawning at Novy and why the SUV is still floating midair... I have changed every line in my missions files to
Code:
_coords =  [[7360.58,7912.64,0.001],0,7000,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

Here is a drop box file with all of the related files
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c7dtelra0j85xl1/BAe8iQlalo

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me.. Im stumped.

Step 4 of the install is the area that would cause the vehicles to disappear if installed incorrectly.

Right under this line:
Code:
if (_object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) exitWith {};
add
Code:
if (_object getVariable ["Mission",0] != 1) exitWith {};

I was under the impression I was supposed to change all of the "mission" to "Sarge"

Going to add that now. Also, its worth noting that now all of the missions seem to spawn waaaay in the north, nearly off of the map. I should emphasize the word NEARLY... they are still on the map but just barely... before they seemed considerably more random with the occasional novy spawn glitch, now they're so far north they're impractical to go after.

OH wait!!!! I think I understand now... I was only supposed to change the word "mission" in the missions folder... I changed it in the updateobject as well.

Code:

So I changed the mission to Sarge..... So should I just change that to mission instead of adding another line?

Just noticed Im getting spammed very badly in my RPT... very badly
Code:
16:02:29  Error position: <DZE_safeVehicle)) then {
diag_log ("CLEA>
16:02:29  Error Undefined variable in expression: dze_safevehicle
16:02:29 Error in expression <Player _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {
diag_log ("CLEA>
diag_log ("CLEA>
16:02:29 Error in expression <Player _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {
diag_log ("CLEA>
diag_log ("CLEA>
diag_log ("CLEA>
diag_log ("CLEA>
diag_log ("CLEA>
diag_log ("CLEA>

Thats in your server_cleanup. Looks like you butchered the Killing A Hacker area.
I think this is actually because the fix they gave me is for Epoch. There is a way it can be modified to work Im sure but Im not sure how.
Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

Code:
if  (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) ) then {" \n

I think that would be correct.

Uhm wow...

Try this line instead.

Code:
      "      if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

I must have found the wrong server_cleanup.fsm before to go off of.

TBH I just quoted out the whole killed a hacker area... Im looking into HALO respawns and there are 2 different tutorials it would seem, but one of the steps is to just quote out that line. I don't rely on dayz to find hackers for me anyway Ive got other methods. Now if I could just figure out the weird novy bug. I reverted my missions back to the original which seemed to work much better than the fixes I was receiving. Thanks for your help m8. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me here and on several of my other posts. Hope you find what you're looking for with the selfactions.

I don't know for how long this was going on exactly, but either something in the install process or something I did wrong during the install process of the AI missions was causing my vehicles not to save. They would revert to a previously saved position. Where did I go wrong?

server_updateobject.sqf

This is what the section of my server_updateobject.sqf that I edited attempting to follow directions... what did I do wrong here?
Code:
#ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG
    diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
#endif
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
};

if (_object getVariable "Mission" == 1) exitWith {};

if (!_parachuteWest) then {
    if ((typeOf _object) in SafeObjects) then {

} else {
        if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
        {
            _object_position = getPosATL _object;
            #ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG
                diag_log(format["Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at pos [%2,%3,%4]",
                typeOf _object,
                _object_position select 0,
                _object_position select 1,
                _object_position select 2]);
            #endif
                _isNotOk = true;
        };
    };
};

All that code looks fine. It would be elsewhere in the file.

I think it might also be server_cleanup.fsm but I think only updateObject sets the new object worldspace.

Right under this line:
Code:
add
Code:
if (_object getVariable ["Mission",0] != 1) exitWith {};

These lines should read like this
Code:
if (_object getVariable "Mission" == 1) exitWith {};
Or if you're using the SARGE variable instead then
Code:
if (_object getVariable "Sarge" == 1) exitWith {};

The way you have them is exiting the script for all normal hive vehicles which is why they aren't updating.

Back