Random Clothing Parcels

Sorry was being a derp - Yeh just make sure you guys add the comma at the end of "ca_modules_functions" so it looks like
"ca_modules_functions",
"CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E_Editor_AddedAllWeaponSlotsInfantryVariants"

and the same on the addons

Thanks alot guys this is awesome, so many ideas now

I was wondering Komplex wether u managed to get your script to work that allows players to get in viehcles together

I was wondering Komplex wether u managed to get your script to work that allows players to get in viehcles together

Nope, I've tried a ton of different ways. Morphing, variables.sqf, adding new class calls from CfgVehicles.hpp into extension includes. Wasted a ton of time with adapting server_playerLogin.sqf restrictions, and kings suggestion of adding new group leaders to the sqm. I got that to work, however it still wouldn't let people share.

My advice, stay away from any of the RU, MVD, and INS skins. All of them seem to have the issue.

Ah that sucks, well thanks for the help. Ill have a play around with a few things aswell, probably wont amount to much tho

Just implemented this after some testing... it's working well so far. :D Thanks to seaweeduk and all those who contributed!

just added some of the full slot skins in Kings post, server starts up fine, just seems the majority of the skins cause a "something went wrong, please try again" over and over, i have set a few to spawning in with them, taking in consideration that some cause issues with vehicles as Komplex mentions, i too have noticed problems with the MVD skins especially. so the spawn with skin could be the problem, but then again you guys probably changing these out for the skin packs yea? if so do you have the same problems? something going wrong trying to log back in?

"something went wrong, please try again". Went away for me when I stopped forcing skin morphs and stopped forcing new skins via server_playerLogin.sqf. Right now when people spawn in they have a survivor skin parcel in their inv. They can use it and switch if they want to, and it doesn't cause any issues at all that I've found. Ofcourse I don't use any of the "bad" skins (RU, MVD, INS Etc).​

What beta version are we all running. I was getting this issue in my RPT.. Running 103419. Checked the pbo in beta folder and it was definitely there server and client side.

10:38:22 Missing addons detected:
10:38:22 CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E_Editor_AddedAllWeaponSlotsInfantryVariants
10:38:22 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E_Editor_AddedAllWeaponSlotsInfantryVariants

Ok, so I'm sure I will be told I've missed something but here goes;

Got all the skins working. Have taken out the skins that don't allow players to interact (get in vehicles, give blood/morphine etc.). I have a few skins set up for camo, soldier and civillian (have worked this to affect all players; survivor, bandit and hero, BUT they spawn with the default skin for their humanity - something I intended). The radios, maps, GPS' etc. are all being removed when the skins are put on, but on a player relogging these items appear.

I'm sure I'm not doing this quite right. Here is the part of my init.sqf;

player_wearClothes = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_wearClothes.sqf";
player_switchModel = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_switchModel.sqf";
player_monitor = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_monitor.fsm";

Obviously the player_monitor bit isn't right. Does it need to go in here somewhere?;

if (!isDedicated) then {
0 fadeSound 0;
0 cutText [(localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING"), "BLACK FADED",60];
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

};

You can't call player_monitor.fsm in a pre process compile. You have to execute it:
Code:
_playerMonitor = [] execFSM "fixes\player_monitor.fsm";

Thanks. Ok, so my code now looks like this;

player_wearClothes = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_wearClothes.sqf";
player_switchModel = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_switchModel.sqf";

This works, kind of. Sometimes the player will spawn with Radio, GPS etc. Sometimes not. Also, the player's gear now doubles when they log out and back in?! I suspect I've put these lines very much in the wrong place. Here is more of a look at my init.sqf;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";
player_spawn_2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_spawn_2.sqf";

if (isServer) then {
hiveInUse = true;
_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
0 fadeSound 0;
0 cutText [(localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING"), "BLACK FADED",60];
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

};

Edit:

Ok, so I commented out this line; _playerMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

Now my gear has stopped doubling, but the Radio, GPS, etc. still appear when I first relog. That is to say, they only appear if I wear a new skin, log out, then log back in. After that if I drop the items they don't seem to return. They still are not appearing when the skin is initially worn either. I'm highly confused.

Edit #2:

These items appearing when I first relog has no consistency whatsoever. Sometimes when I relog they appear, sometimes not. I can't seem to pinpoint what the contributing factor is.

Somehow it doesn't work for me.
I did everythink mentioned in the first post (and the 23rd to remove the unwanted items). But whenever I take on the soldier cloths package I only wear the soldier clothes. I tried and changed the clothes a few times (used soldier, civ and soldier clothing packages but I only got civ. cloths - of course - and the soldier one).

I'm using 1.7.6.1 with LITE.

Thanks. Ok, so my code now looks like this;

Edit:

Ok, so I commented out this line; _playerMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

Now my gear has stopped doubling, but the Radio, GPS, etc. still appear when I first relog. That is to say, they only appear if I wear a new skin, log out, then log back in. After that if I drop the items they don't seem to return. They still are not appearing when the skin is initially worn either. I'm highly confused.

Edit #2:

These items appearing when I first relog has no consistency whatsoever. Sometimes when I relog they appear, sometimes not. I can't seem to pinpoint what the contributing factor is.

I'm not using the remove items part of this. My regulars were complaining that they'd loose GPS's that they already had when they put skins on. So I just took that part out. Who cares if players have radios and GPS imo.

Somehow it doesn't work for me.
I did everythink mentioned in the first post (and the 23rd to remove the unwanted items). But whenever I take on the soldier cloths package I only wear the soldier clothes. I tried and changed the clothes a few times (used soldier, civ and soldier clothing packages but I only got civ. cloths - of course - and the soldier one).

I'm using 1.7.6.1 with LITE.

Post you changed code from player_wearClothes.sqf, and we'll see whats up with yours.

Oh thank's for your help!
Here's my Player_wearClothes.sqf (I put all three files within a Directory called fixes within the Mission.pbo):
Code:
// ********************************************************************* //
// *                                                                   * //
// *  Modifications                                                    * //
// *  ----------------                                                 * //
// *   -  Custom Clothes Packages (lines 44 - 56)                      * //
// *                                                                   * //
// ********************************************************************* //
/*
_item spawn player_wearClothes;
TODO: female
*/
private["_item","_isFemale","_itemNew","_item","_onLadder","_model","_hasclothesitem","_config","_text"];
_item = _this;
call gear_ui_init;
_onLadder = (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;
if (_onLadder) exitWith {cutText [(localize "str_player_21") , "PLAIN DOWN"]};
_hasclothesitem = _this in magazines player;
_config = configFile >> "CfgMagazines";
_text = getText (_config >> _item >> "displayName");
if (!_hasclothesitem) exitWith {cutText [format[(localize "str_player_31"),_text,"wear"] , "PLAIN DOWN"]};
if (vehicle player != player) exitWith {cutText ["You may not change clothes while in a vehicle", "PLAIN DOWN"]};
_isFemale = ((typeOf player == "SurvivorW2_DZ")||(typeOf player == "BanditW1_DZ"));
if (_isFemale) exitWith {cutText ["Currently Female Characters cannot change to this skin. This will change in a future update.", "PLAIN DOWN"]};
private["_itemNew","_myModel","_humanity","_isBandit","_isHero"];
_myModel = (typeOf player);
_humanity = player getVariable ["humanity",0];
_isBandit = _humanity < -2000;
_isHero = _humanity > 5000;
_itemNew = "Skin_" + _myModel;
if ( !(isClass(_config >> _itemNew)) ) then {
 _itemNew = if (!_isFemale) then {"Skin_Survivor2_DZ"} else {"Skin_SurvivorW2_DZ"}; 
};
switch (_item) do {
 case "Skin_Sniper1_DZ": {
  _model = "Sniper1_DZ";
 };
// **** Begin Modification: Custom Clothes Packages - Grinse **** //
 case "Skin_Camo1_DZ": {
        _model = ["Camo1_DZ","Ins_Soldier_Base","RU_Soldier_Base","GUE_Soldier_Base","CDF_Soldier_Base","Soldier1_DZ","MVD_Soldier_Base","RUS_Soldier_Base"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
 };
 case "Skin_Soldier1_DZ": {
        _model = ["Soldier1_DZ","Ins_Soldier_Base","RU_Soldier_Base","GUE_Soldier_Base","CDF_Soldier_Base","Soldier1_DZ","MVD_Soldier_Base","RUS_Soldier_Base"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
// Original:
// case "Skin_Camo1_DZ": {
//  _model = "Camo1_DZ";
// };
// case "Skin_Soldier1_DZ": {
//  _model = "Soldier1_DZ";
// ****  End Modification: Custom Clothes Packages - Grinse  **** //
 };
 case "Skin_Survivor2_DZ": {
  _model = "Survivor2_DZ";
  if (_isBandit) then {
   _model = "Bandit1_DZ";
  };
  if (_isHero) then {
   _model = "Survivor3_DZ";
  };
 };
};
if (_model != _myModel) then {
 player removeMagazine _item;
 player addMagazine _itemNew;
 [dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,_model] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};

I'm not using the remove items part of this. My regulars were complaining that they'd loose GPS's that they already had when they put skins on. So I just took that part out. Who cares if players have radios and GPS imo.

Yea, you're right. No one is losing gear with the setup I have, but some people are getting radios. It happens quite subtly so they don't really notice when it occurs. I've just removed radios as a detected item in my anti hack tools. Besides everyone likes to have a full toolbelt.

Oh thank's for your help!
Here's my Player_wearClothes.sqf (I put all three files within a Directory called fixes within the Mission.pbo):

Ah ok this one is easy. You need to end your code section with };
So your entire soilder code set should be:
Code:
        _model = ["Soldier1_DZ","Ins_Soldier_Base","RU_Soldier_Base","GUE_Soldier_Base","CDF_Soldier_Base","Soldier1_DZ","MVD_Soldier_Base","RUS_Soldier_Base"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
};

However most of the skins you've picked will have issues. All the "INS" "RU" and "MVD" skins can't get into vehicles together. This means unless all your players play alone then you'll piss off a ton of people :p

I suggest looking over the lost again and pick ones that aren't from the sets I mentioned above:
http://opendayz.net/threads/unbanned-vehicle-list-by-arma2_oa_build_102678-ie-without-rmod.8277/

Ah ok this one is easy. You need to end your code section with };
So your entire soilder code set should be:
Code:
};

However most of the skins you've picked will have issues. All the "INS" "RU" and "MVD" skins can't get into vehicles together. This means unless all your players play alone then you'll piss off a ton of people :p

I suggest looking over the lost again and pick ones that aren't from the sets I mentioned above:
http://opendayz.net/threads/unbanned-vehicle-list-by-arma2_oa_build_102678-ie-without-rmod.8277/
But isn't it already?
// **** End Modification: Custom Clothes Packages - Grinse **** //
};
I already took different Skins but tried the ones from the tutorial first (until everything works fine).

Technically that should work, though it's insanely sloppy. Just move it above all the commented code like I suggested. Also your camo parcels are working correct? It's just your Solider parcels?

i have followed the instruction from the start but i doesn't work, when i test it the soldier skin will not change skins. could anyone help ??

Back