Random Clothing Parcels

I got it working :D

Yeah you need to do removeWeapon in player_switchmodel.sqf and player_monitor.fsm, both i copyed to my mission.pbo and it works great :D (player_monitor for removing items on login/relog)

I got it working :D

Yeah you need to do removeWeapon in player_switchmodel.sqf and player_monitor.fsm, both i copyed to my mission.pbo and it works great :D (player_monitor for removing items on login/relog)

Nice I'll have to try it out tonight did your do a separate remove for each item? Do you mind sharing the relevant lines from your code?

Sure, sharing is caring ;)

player_monitor.fsm:

Search for these lines
Code:
      "dayzGearSave = false;" \n
      "_inventory call player_gearSet;" \n
Before these lines insert this:
Code:
      "player removeWeapon ""ItemRadio"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""ItemMap"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""ItemCompass"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""ItemWatch"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""ItemGPS"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""NVGoggles"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""APSI"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""mut_heart"";" \n

In player_switchModel.sqf search for these lines

Code:
//Clear New Character
    {_newUnit removeMagazine _x;} forEach  magazines _newUnit;
    removeAllWeapons _newUnit;

After these lines insert this:
Code:
    _newUnit removeWeapon "ItemRadio";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "ItemMap";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "ItemCompass";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "ItemWatch";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "ItemGPS";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "NVGoggles";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "APSI";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "mut_heart";

removeAllWeapons _newUnit; doesnt remove Toolbelt-Items, so we have to delete all items manually... as i said, it doesnt matter what you delete or if the unit spawns with these items, just make sure that the new model spawns without anything before it gets the loadout.

Sure, sharing is caring ;)

player_monitor.fsm:

Search for these lines
Code:
      "dayzGearSave = false;" \n
      "_inventory call player_gearSet;" \n
Before these lines insert this:
Code:
      "player removeWeapon ""ItemRadio"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""ItemMap"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""ItemCompass"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""ItemWatch"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""ItemGPS"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""NVGoggles"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""APSI"";" \n
      "player removeWeapon ""mut_heart"";" \n

In player_switchModel.sqf search for these lines

Code:
//Clear New Character
    {_newUnit removeMagazine _x;} forEach  magazines _newUnit;
    removeAllWeapons _newUnit;

After these lines insert this:
Code:
    _newUnit removeWeapon "ItemRadio";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "ItemMap";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "ItemCompass";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "ItemWatch";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "ItemGPS";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "NVGoggles";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "APSI";
    _newUnit removeWeapon "mut_heart";

removeAllWeapons _newUnit; doesnt remove Toolbelt-Items, so we have to delete all items manually... as i said, it doesnt matter what you delete or if the unit spawns with these items, just make sure that the new model spawns without anything before it gets the loadout.

Great stuff man I'll get the OP updated when I get time to test, what were the APSI and mut_heart items?, did you find any other extra models not in the OP that work? I think I got all the ones with working inventorys. I'm thinking about trying the steps in Xyberviri's thread to unban banned classes next and trying some other new models.

One thing I am noticing at the moment based on the loot gathered by my players since the mod, is that the soldier skins are still relatively common, I'm not sure the substitution is working as planned. When I tested it in my test server I had it spawn around 75 crash sites and teleported to each. I found around 2 soldier skins and 5 ghillie suits so I thought it wasn't too far off. However recently I have noticed more players finding soldier skins than Ghillie suits.

I need to do more testing to confirm the random substitutions are working correctly, I know they definitely spawn all the items in the array but I don't know if the duplicate entries are counted. If not maybe find a new item I can replace. Only thing I can think of that spawns rarely and is a "magazine" is the M107 but thats still too common for my liking .

I found more skins to use with the beta patch "exploit"

There is a "allweaponsSlots" class inside ( communityconfigurationproject_e\Editor_AddedAllWeaponSlotsInfantryVariants )

First I had to add entries in the addons on the mission.sqm (to get rid of an error popup at login):
Code:
    addOns[]=
    {
        "chernarus",
        "ca_modules_animals",
        "dayz_code",
        "dayz_weapons",
        "dayz_equip",
        "dayz_vehicles",
        "cacharacters_pmc",
        "ca_modules_functions",
        "CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E_Editor_AddedAllWeaponSlotsInfantryVariants"

};
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "dayz_weapons",
        "ca_modules_functions",
        "chernarus",
    };

After that I could use the following list of skins:
Code:
CDF_Commander_AllWeaponSlots
CDF_Soldier_Light_AllWeaponSlots
CDF_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots
CZ_Soldier_DES_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
CZ_Soldier_Light_DES_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
CZ_Soldier_Office_DES_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
CZ_Soldier_medik_DES_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
GER_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
GUE_Villager3_AllWeaponSlots
GUE_Villager4_AllWeaponSlots
GUE_Woodlander1_AllWeaponSlots
GUE_Woodlander2_AllWeaponSlots
GUE_Woodlander3_AllWeaponSlots
GUE_Worker2_AllWeaponSlots
Herrera_AllWeaponSlots
Herrera_Light_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Bardak_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Commander_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Lopotev_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Soldier_Pilot_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Villager3_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Villager4_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Woodlander1_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Woodlander2_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Woodlander3_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Worker2_AllWeaponSlots
RU_Commander_AllWeaponSlots
RU_Soldier_Light_AllWeaponSlots
RU_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots
Soldier_Crew_AllWeaponSlots_PMC
Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots_PMC
TK_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
USMC_Soldier_Crew_AllWeaponSlots
USMC_Soldier_Light_AllWeaponSlots
USMC_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots
USMC_Soldier_Officer_AllWeaponSlots
US_Pilot_Light_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
US_Soldier_Crew_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
US_Soldier_Light_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
US_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
US_Soldier_Officer_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
Not all of them will show the backpack ( like sniper skin). But all seems functional with all slots available :)

I have only tested it briefly on my test server, so let me know if it also works for you guys..

Grafzahl,

I think you could use removeAllItems _newUnit to get rid of everything that is not a weapon, instead of manually listing all of them, I have not tested this out but it should work.

I found more skins to use with the beta patch "exploit"

There is a "allweaponsSlots" class inside ( communityconfigurationproject_e\Editor_AddedAllWeaponSlotsInfantryVariants )

First I had to add entries in the addons on the mission.sqm (to get rid of an error popup at login):
Code:
    addOns[]=
    {
        "chernarus",
        "ca_modules_animals",
        "dayz_code",
        "dayz_weapons",
        "dayz_equip",
        "dayz_vehicles",
        "cacharacters_pmc",
        "ca_modules_functions",

};
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "dayz_weapons",
        "ca_modules_functions",
        "chernarus",
    };

After that I could use the following list of skins:
Code:
CDF_Commander_AllWeaponSlots
CDF_Soldier_Light_AllWeaponSlots
CDF_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots
CZ_Soldier_Light_DES_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
CZ_Soldier_Office_DES_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
CZ_Soldier_medik_DES_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
GER_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
GUE_Villager3_AllWeaponSlots
GUE_Villager4_AllWeaponSlots
GUE_Woodlander1_AllWeaponSlots
GUE_Woodlander2_AllWeaponSlots
GUE_Woodlander3_AllWeaponSlots
GUE_Worker2_AllWeaponSlots
Herrera_AllWeaponSlots
Herrera_Light_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Bardak_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Commander_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Lopotev_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Soldier_Pilot_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Villager3_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Villager4_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Woodlander1_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Woodlander2_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Woodlander3_AllWeaponSlots
Ins_Worker2_AllWeaponSlots
RU_Commander_AllWeaponSlots
RU_Soldier_Light_AllWeaponSlots
RU_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots
Soldier_Crew_AllWeaponSlots_PMC
Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots_PMC
TK_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
USMC_Soldier_Crew_AllWeaponSlots
USMC_Soldier_Light_AllWeaponSlots
USMC_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots
USMC_Soldier_Officer_AllWeaponSlots
US_Pilot_Light_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
US_Soldier_Crew_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
US_Soldier_Light_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
US_Soldier_Medic_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
US_Soldier_Officer_AllWeaponSlots_EP1
Not all of them will show the backpack ( like sniper skin). But all seems functional with all slots available :)

I have only tested it briefly on my test server, so let me know if it also works for you guys..

Awesome :)

I have a few updates to the OP I should make really to fix so you can still get in a vehicle if someone in a new skin is driving.

I may add these in too, don't have much time for testing atm though and I hear the next patch is going to fix all these fun additions anyway :( :(

I have a problem with skins. Players using skins of different factions can't get into vehicles with each other. Anyone know a fix for that?

Thanks fellas. This worked beautifully. I followed King2k's steps and I have custom models without limited inventories and backpacks

Thanks fellas. This worked beautifully. I followed King2k's steps and I have custom models without limited inventories and backpacks

Are you having problems with players not able to enter vehicles together? For example, some skins can't be a vehcile with eachother like:
Ins_Lopotev
TK_INS_Soldier_EP1

and many more, wondering if anyone had found a fix for this. I noticed in: dayz_code/init/variables.sqf there is an AllPlayers and AllPlayersVehicles, with a list of skins. Though it appears adding the new skins to this list doesn't seem to allow them to ride in vechicles together.

AllPlayersVehicles = ["Soldier_Crew_PMC","Survivor2_DZ","Survivor1_DZ","Survivor3_DZ","Bandit1_DZ","Sniper1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Rocket_DZ","US_Soldier_EP1","Ins_Lopotev","Ins_Soldier_1","RU_Soldier_Base","GUE_Soldier_Base","CDF_Soldier_Base","CDF_Soldier_Militia","MVD_Soldier_Base","RUS_Soldier_Base","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1","AllVehicles"];

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Are you having problems with players not able to enter vehicles together? For example, some skins can't be a vehcile with eachother like:
Ins_Lopotev
TK_INS_Soldier_EP1

and many more, wondering if anyone had found a fix for this. I noticed in: dayz_code/init/variables.sqf there is an AllPlayers and AllPlayersVehicles, with a list of skins. Though it appears adding the new skins to this list doesn't seem to allow them to ride in vechicles together.

AllPlayersVehicles = ["Soldier_Crew_PMC","Survivor2_DZ","Survivor1_DZ","Survivor3_DZ","Bandit1_DZ","Sniper1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Rocket_DZ","US_Soldier_EP1","Ins_Lopotev","Ins_Soldier_1","RU_Soldier_Base","GUE_Soldier_Base","CDF_Soldier_Base","CDF_Soldier_Militia","MVD_Soldier_Base","RUS_Soldier_Base","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1","AllVehicles"];

Haven't actually tested that yet. Best of luck finding a fix man.

Ins_Lopotev
TK_INS_Soldier_EP1

I was going to test the same thing in my variables.sqf but haven't had time to try it yet.

Code:
//Model Variables
Bandit1_DZ ="Bandit1_DZ";
BanditW1_DZ ="BanditW1_DZ";
Survivor1_DZ ="Survivor2_DZ";
Survivor2_DZ ="Survivor2_DZ";
SurvivorW2_DZ = "SurvivorW2_DZ";
Sniper1_DZ ="Sniper1_DZ";
Camo1_DZ ="Camo1_DZ";
Soldier1_DZ ="Soldier1_DZ";
Rocket_DZ ="Rocket_DZ";
Ins_Soldier_Base ="Ins_Soldier_Base";
RU_Soldier_Base = "RU_Soldier_Base";
GUE_Soldier_Base = "GUE_Soldier_Base";
CDF_Soldier_Base = "CDF_Soldier_Base";
MVD_Soldier_Base = "MVD_Soldier_Base";
RUS_Soldier_Base = "RUS_Soldier_Base";

AllPlayers = ["Soldier_Crew_PMC","Sniper1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Rocket_DZ","Ins_Soldier_Base","RU_Soldier_Base","GUE_Soldier_Base","CDF_Soldier_Base","MVD_Soldier_Base","RUS_Soldier_Base"];
AllPlayersVehicles = ["Soldier_Crew_PMC","Sniper1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Rocket_DZ","Ins_Soldier_Base","RU_Soldier_Base","GUE_Soldier_Base","CDF_Soldier_Base","MVD_Soldier_Base","RUS_Soldier_Base","AllVehicles"];

I dont need Rmod for this right? I run taviana and i really want INS or GUE skins for my clan members, i tried editing the server_playerLogin.sqf and edited this i run Taviana so this work
Code:
if (_playerID == "000000") then {
_model = "Rocket_DZ";
};

if (_playerID == "0000000") then {
_model = "Rocket_DZ";
};

if (_playerID == "0000000") then {
_model = "Rocket_DZ";
};

if (!(_model in ["SurvivorW2_DZ","Survivor2_DZ","Survivor3_DZ","Sniper1_DZ","Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ","Bandit1_DZ","Rocket_DZ"])) then {
    _model = "Survivor2_DZ";
};
But i would want more variation and when i tried this methood with a GUE or INS skins it didnt work you were just invicible. Thanks

This is what I am doing, hoping to test if it works in-world, but nothing is spawning and I get no error message from my server log, so I believed I have setup everything according to the guide, what could be the problem ? Could it be the spawn_loost.sqf ?

Code:
private["_itemType","_iPos","_indexLootSpawn","_iArray","_iItem","_iClass","_item","_qty","_max","_tQty","_arrayLootSpawn","_canType","_holderItem"];
// [_itemType,_weights]
_iItem =        _this select 0;
_iClass =      _this select 1;
_iPos =        _this select 2;
_radius =      _this select 3;
_holderItem = _iItem;

switch (_iItem) do {
        case "Skin_Sniper1_DZ": { _holderItem = ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_Rocket_DZ","Skin_Camo1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom };
        case "ItemSodaMdew": { _holderItem = ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_Rocket_DZ","Skin_Camo1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom };
        case "ItemTankTrap": { _holderItem = ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_Rocket_DZ","Skin_Camo1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom };
        case "ItemSandbag": { _holderItem = ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_Rocket_DZ","Skin_Camo1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom };
        default {};
        };
_iItem = _holderItem;
switch (_iClass) do {
        default {
                //Item is food, add random quantity of cans along with an item (if exists)
                _item = createVehicle ["WeaponHolder", _iPos, [], _radius, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_itemTypes = [] + ((getArray (configFile >> "cfgLoot" >> _iClass)) select 0);
_index = dayz_CLBase find _iClass;
_weights = dayz_CLChances select _index;
_cntWeights = count _weights;
_qty = 0;
_max = ceil(random 2) + 1;
while {_qty < _max} do {
_tQty = round(random 1) + 1;
_index = floor(random _cntWeights);
_index = _weights select _index;
_canType = _itemTypes select _index;
_item addMagazineCargoGlobal [_canType,_tQty];
_qty = _qty + _tQty;
};
if (_iItem != "") then {
_item addWeaponCargoGlobal [_iItem,1];
};
};
case "weapon": {
//Item is a weapon, add it and a random quantity of magazines
_mags = [] + getArray (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _iItem >> "magazines");
if ((count _mags) > 0) then {
if (_mags select 0 == "Quiver") then { _mags set [0, "WoodenArrow"] }; // Prevent spawning a Quiver
_item addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_mags select 0), (round(random 2))];
};
};
case "magazine": {
//Item is one magazine
_item addMagazineCargoGlobal [_iItem,1];
};
case "object": {
//Item is one magazine
_item = createVehicle [_iItem, _iPos, [], _radius, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
};
};

// timestamp for later clearing
_dateNow = (DateToNumber date);
_item setVariable ["looted",_dateNow,true];

if ((count _iPos) > 2) then {
_item setPosATL _iPos;
};

EDIT - Will try to work on it by myself alittle more.

FIXED: it's more of a problem with the compiler for spawn script, its working now, though I have no time to test the full capability but i saw 1 ghillie suit at a petrol station so it seems to be working, at least for me.

Can anyone point me, where's the code responsible for putting your old skin back to the inventory when switching models?

This is what I am doing, hoping to test if it works in-world, but nothing is spawning and I get no error message from my server log, so I believed I have setup everything according to the guide, what could be the problem ? Could it be the spawn_loost.sqf ?

Code:
private["_itemType","_iPos","_indexLootSpawn","_iArray","_iItem","_iClass","_item","_qty","_max","_tQty","_arrayLootSpawn","_canType","_holderItem"];
// [_itemType,_weights]
_iItem =        _this select 0;
_iClass =      _this select 1;
_iPos =        _this select 2;
_radius =      _this select 3;
_holderItem = _iItem;

switch (_iItem) do {
        case "Skin_Sniper1_DZ": { _holderItem = ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_Rocket_DZ","Skin_Camo1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom };
        case "ItemSodaMdew": { _holderItem = ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_Rocket_DZ","Skin_Camo1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom };
        case "ItemTankTrap": { _holderItem = ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_Rocket_DZ","Skin_Camo1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom };
        case "ItemSandbag": { _holderItem = ["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_Rocket_DZ","Skin_Camo1_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom };
        default {};
        };
_iItem = _holderItem;
switch (_iClass) do {
        default {
                //Item is food, add random quantity of cans along with an item (if exists)
_itemTypes = [] + ((getArray (configFile >> "cfgLoot" >> _iClass)) select 0);
_index = dayz_CLBase find _iClass;
_weights = dayz_CLChances select _index;
_cntWeights = count _weights;
_qty = 0;
_max = ceil(random 2) + 1;
while {_qty < _max} do {
_tQty = round(random 1) + 1;
_index = floor(random _cntWeights);
_index = _weights select _index;
_canType = _itemTypes select _index;
_item addMagazineCargoGlobal [_canType,_tQty];
_qty = _qty + _tQty;
};
if (_iItem != "") then {
};
};
case "weapon": {
//Item is a weapon, add it and a random quantity of magazines
_mags = [] + getArray (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _iItem >> "magazines");
if ((count _mags) > 0) then {
if (_mags select 0 == "Quiver") then { _mags set [0, "WoodenArrow"] }; // Prevent spawning a Quiver
_item addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_mags select 0), (round(random 2))];
};
};
case "magazine": {
//Item is one magazine
_item addMagazineCargoGlobal [_iItem,1];
};
case "object": {
//Item is one magazine
_item = createVehicle [_iItem, _iPos, [], _radius, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
};
};

// timestamp for later clearing
_dateNow = (DateToNumber date);
_item setVariable ["looted",_dateNow,true];

if ((count _iPos) > 2) then {
_item setPosATL _iPos;
};

EDIT - Will try to work on it by myself alittle more.

FIXED: it's more of a problem with the compiler for spawn script, its working now, though I have no time to test the full capability but i saw 1 ghillie suit at a petrol station so it seems to be working, at least for me.

You have the rocket skin in your substitutions, this isn't a valid item it has no parcel afaik

Hmm the variables.sqf didn't seem to effect people being able to get into vehicles with each other. Unless I did it wrong, I added all my models in as you had posted above.

I was looking through everything in the dayz_code pbo and found that the CfgVehicles.hpp has all the skins listed so I added one of the ones I'm having issues with:
Code:
class TK_INS_Soldier_EP1;
    class TK_INS_Soldier_EP1: TK_INS_Soldier_EP1 {
        displayName = "Bandit";
        side = 1;
        weapons[] = {"Throw","Put"};
        backpack = "";
        magazines[] = {};
        respawnWeapons[] = {"Throw","Put"};
        respawnMagazines[] = {};
        weaponSlots = "1    +    4    + 12*        256    + 2*    4096    +    2    + 8*    16  + 12*131072";
        canHideBodies = 1;
    };

However I can't seem to find a way to include the file. Any suggestions? I tried going into the mission pbo and added:
#include "fixes\CfgVehicles.hpp" to the top of the description.ext file but the server got stuck on waiting for host. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm the variables.sqf didn't seem to effect people being able to get into vehicles with each other. Unless I did it wrong, I added all my models in as you had posted above.

I was looking through everything in the dayz_code pbo and found that the CfgVehicles.hpp has all the skins listed so I added one of the ones I'm having issues with:
Code:
class TK_INS_Soldier_EP1;
    class TK_INS_Soldier_EP1: TK_INS_Soldier_EP1 {
        displayName = "Bandit";
        side = 1;
        weapons[] = {"Throw","Put"};
        backpack = "";
        magazines[] = {};
        respawnWeapons[] = {"Throw","Put"};
        respawnMagazines[] = {};
        weaponSlots = "1    +    4    + 12*        256    + 2*    4096    +    2    + 8*    16  + 12*131072";
        canHideBodies = 1;
    };

However I can't seem to find a way to include the file. Any suggestions? I tried going into the mission pbo and added:
#include "fixes\CfgVehicles.hpp" to the top of the description.ext file but the server got stuck on waiting for host. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

You cannot override config files in the mission. these configs must be loaded with the mod, not in the mission (btw, if this was possible then we all could unban any vehicle we like etc..)

The problem with different units in same vehicle is a known arma 2 restriction and it relates to the fact that they are in different factions. As we cannot edit the config files to make a subclass of all units and define them to same faction/side, a possible work around is to add an extra unit as leader (same side as a normal survivor) with probability of presence = 0%. Then when player spawn add him in group with the extra unit. This way you will force him to the correct side. Haven't tested this, so just a theory.

Back