[Release] DayZChernarus Mission System

ok i got that sorted went on to my server and no mission starts do i have to add in ai's?

No the script does it all itself.

I don't like the idea of the vehicles. Isn't fair to people who don't know they are AI spawned. so i think its best to get rid of them completely.

Does anyone know where the code is for this?

I don't like the idea of the vehicles. Isn't fair to people who don't know they are AI spawned. so i think its best to get rid of them completely.

The mission spawn ones? They're sm4 and 5

its not in the owcleanup.sqf, its in server_cleanup.fsm but tbh i dont think you need to change that as overwatch uses its own cleanup script, unless you are running the old cleanup ... just change what needs to be changed in server_updateObject.sqf and i think you will be alright

i already have changed them to sarge. and still they blow up./
and your server_cleanup looks like this?
Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
So you don't have the "mission" variable in server_cleanup.

missions/major
missions/minor

look for entries like

_uralcrash = createVehicle ["UralWreck",_coords,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

comment/delete

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to stop players from just sniping the AI's with a DMR from 800 meters away ... Too many of my players have figured out that if they get a DMR they can clear up these missions in no time. No matter how high I set the AI levels they just can't seem to do much when you've got a player hiding in the bushes with a DMR 800-1000m away :(

Its ok managed to figure out how to get humanity gains .

I just created a new bodyclean.sqf with the following code in.

Code:
_ai = _this select 0;
_aikiller = _this select 1;
_humanityBoost = 10; //Set this to whatever you want the humanity to increase by

_humanity = _aikiller getVariable ["humanity",0];
_humanity = _humanity + _humanityBoost;
_aikiller setVariable["humanity", _humanity,true];

sleep 600;
deletevehicle _ai;

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to stop players from just sniping the AI's with a DMR from 800 meters away ... Too many of my players have figured out that if they get a DMR they can clear up these missions in no time. No matter how high I set the AI levels they just can't seem to do much when you've got a player hiding in the bushes with a DMR 800-1000m away :(

make them spawn in non-snipeable positions.

word of warning; most players will give up doing missions. vast majority want to farm weapons/loot by sniping at 600-800m or steamrolling AI with cars.

I gave my mission AI some m107's. This prevents folks from driving around with no risk of getting shot at (a couple of AI with m107's can wreck a vodnik). AI equipped with them also ran around a lot more, trying to keep max distance from you...to the point they actually become hidden because they're not just floating around the mission crates/vehicles. I actually abandoned a mission the other night, because I had no clue where the last AI was and didn't want to risk a death. Here's what he and another AI did to my vodnik (pretty much everything was around 50% damage):

3j21.png

It's true that some might not do missions anymore...but you can try to deal with that by adding some incentives to the crate rewards...like cinderblocks, mortar, or even gold. Anyhow, this change seems to have spiced things up and made missions a bit more entertaining.

and your server_cleanup looks like this?
Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
So you don't have the "mission" variable in server_cleanup.

yup exactly like that

Back