[Release] Fred's Wardrobe v1.0.2

Fred, is there a way I can make certain skins available for certain players? I'm part of a MilSim and we want non-officers to wear different unis but be able to switch between civilian clothing as well.

yes you can, inside your skins_main put this at the bottom

Code:
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["#########"]) then {

insert that menu here 

}

changing your ######## to their id's. this will make them see

When I upload my mission pbo to my server, and join my server, it says wait for host. Sorry, but this doesn't work for my server. I'm running DayZ.ST Fallujah Map.

I reupload my original mission pbo that contains auto refuel, and self blood bag, and it allows me to play. It just doesn't work if your wardrobe folder is in my pbo.

Tested it with just your script in a default mission pbo and it does not work. Doesn't let me past "Wait for host"

When I upload my mission pbo to my server, and join my server, it says wait for host. Sorry, but this doesn't work for my server. I'm running DayZ.ST Fallujah Map.

I reupload my original mission pbo that contains auto refuel, and self blood bag, and it allows me to play. It just doesn't work if your wardrobe folder is in my pbo.

Tested it with just your script in a default mission pbo and it does not work. Doesn't let me past "Wait for host"

I just changed my DayZ.ST test server to Fallujah and installed my wardrobe. It loaded up fine and the wardrobe is working perfectly. I'm not sure what you have done wrong. I would suggest reading through the tutorial again. Did you edit your init.sqf using mine as a reference or did you just copy and paste my init.sqf into your mission folder?

Fred, is there a way I can make certain skins available for certain players? I'm part of a MilSim and we want non-officers to wear different unis but be able to switch between civilian clothing as well.

If you follow the tutorials on post #9 and #69, they should help you achieve that.

I just changed my DayZ.ST test server to Fallujah and installed my wardrobe. It loaded up fine and the wardrobe is working perfectly. I'm not sure what you have done wrong. I would suggest reading through the tutorial again. Did you edit your init.sqf using mine as a reference or did you just copy and paste my init.sqf into your mission folder?

I used my own init.sqf.

Edit: It works, but only because I didnt use the code provided to make it so only admins can use it, how do I do this?

Code:
pathtoskins = "wardrobe\skins\";
EXECscript1 = 'player execVM "'+pathtoskins+'%1"';
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["121853574"]) then {
skinmenu =
[
    ["",true],
        ["DayZ Skins", [2], "#USER:SkinsMenuDayZ", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
        ["Custom Skins", [3], "#USER:SkinsMenuCustom", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
        ["", [-1], "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
            ["Exit", [13], "", -3, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"]

];} else {
skinmenu =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Custom Skins", [3], "#USER:SkinsMenuCustom", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];
};

SkinsMenuCustom =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Desert Camo Clothing", [4],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"desert_clothes.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

SkinsMenuDayZ =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Ghillie Suit", [7],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"ghille.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

SkinsMenuFake =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Rocket Uniform", [2],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Desert Rocket Uniform", [3],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Desert Camo Clothing", [4],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Desert Soldier Uniform", [5],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Desert Green Uniform", [6],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["US Soldier Uniform", [7],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Czech Soldier Uniform", [8],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];
showCommandingMenu "#USER:skinmenu";
So according to that, the player should ONLY be able to use the Desert Camo and Ghillie Suit right? Its not working.

Code:
skinmenu =
[
                ["",true],
          ["Desert Camo Clothing", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"desert_clothes.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
          ["Ghillie Suit", [3], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"ghille.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],

];};

this will make it so it does it only for the ghillie and camo, and you wont have to go thru that extra SkinsMenuCustom. so u can copy paste this in over eveything and it should work.

the extra stuff in this sqf is not needed like the fakes. and is using up valuable space in your missions folder.

unless there is a point to having it, which i have not figured out.

Code:
skinmenu =
[
    ["",true],

];} else {
skinmenu =
[
    ["",true],
];
};

SkinsMenuCustom =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Desert Camo Clothing", [4],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"desert_clothes.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

SkinsMenuDayZ =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Ghillie Suit", [7],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"ghille.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

SkinsMenuFake =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Rocket Uniform", [2],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Desert Rocket Uniform", [3],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Desert Camo Clothing", [4],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Desert Soldier Uniform", [5],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Desert Green Uniform", [6],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["US Soldier Uniform", [7],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Czech Soldier Uniform", [8],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"fake.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];
So according to that, the player should ONLY be able to use the Desert Camo and Ghillie Suit right? Its not working.

What do you mean by "It's not working"? From a quick glance, it looks like you have set it so that everyone, whether they are a player or specified by UID, only has access to Desert Camo Clothing and Ghillie Suit. I'm not sure what exactly you intended it to do. If you tell me exactly what you want UID specified players and normal players to have access to, I can try and help you out.

I am looking to have this available for my clan and my clan members only. So it will need to be UID restricted. Also, I need two different sections for my clan. I need one section for CO's and a section for NCO's. For example the CO's should have access to every skin, while the NCO's only have access to a select few. Hope this helps?

Code:
skinmenu =
[
                ["",true],
          ["Desert Camo Clothing", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"desert_clothes.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
          ["Ghillie Suit", [3], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"ghille.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],

];};

this will make it so it does it only for the ghillie and camo, and you wont have to go thru that extra SkinsMenuCustom. so u can copy paste this in over eveything and it should work.

the extra stuff in this sqf is not needed like the fakes. and is using up valuable space in your missions folder.

unless there is a point to having it, which i have not figured out.

The fake.sqf is just a simple script that shows text on the players screen. You can change it to say whatever you want. On my server, the UID specified players have access to the DayZ and Custom menus. The normal players have access to DayZ and the "Fake" menu. The fake menu will look just like the custom menu appearance wise but when the player tries to choose a skin from it, the fake.sqf is activated and will tell the player "LOCKED: Donate to unlock more skins at "insert website name here"."

I am looking to have this available for my clan and my clan members only. So it will need to be UID restricted. Also, I need two different sections for my clan. I need one section for CO's and a section for NCO's. For example the CO's should have access to every skin, while the NCO's only have access to a select few. Hope this helps?

Send me a private message detailing every skin you want available to your COs and NCOs and I will show you how the menu should look. :)

It's rather random, doesn't happen all the time, but it is quite frequent. I'm doing everything again, making sure I didn't mess anything up... I think your server file was different from mine... weird since we both use DayZ.st though... I noticed when I re-entered the available models.

TSW Radio Fix

In Each Skin File add this line
// Fix for Fred's Wardrobe to stop TSW Kicks
player removeWeapon "ItemRadio";

titleText ["...looking good! Wardrobe closed for 1 minute.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
titleFadeOut 1;

TSW Radio Fix

In Each Skin File add this line

titleText ["...looking good! Wardrobe closed for 1 minute.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
titleFadeOut 1;

but the us soldier for example also gives you a compass, a map and a watch...
not after respawn like the guy in the other thread said... you will get it right after changing clothes...

Back