[Release] Fred's Zombie Bait (WIP)

Is this something that can be built in basebuilding? A zombie sheild generator would be a great addition to a base.

Here is a video of the current state of the Zombie Shield Generator. andy1978 was nice enough to test it out for me and make a video. I am still working out a couple very minor details and then I will be releasing it.

is there not a better model you could use , rather than the skeet shooter?

other than that, this looks cool.

You mentioned that your planning to add grenades to them to make it blow the zombies up, would it be possible to have this save to the database and respawn and setup on and after a restart ?

really would love a good working landmine thats there all the time.

Taiphaz - you could easily chnage the model yourself, were you so inclined.

But as for landmines - there are a few scripts floating around armaholic that could be adapted for your use - one in particular generates and landmine field around a marker or object that you can place.

is there not a better model you could use , rather than the skeet shooter?

other than that, this looks cool.

I looked through the object library and to my surprise ArmA didn't come stock with Zombie Shield Generator model. :p On a serious note, it is very easy to change the model and I am up for suggestions if someone can find something better suited. :)

Outstanding Fred! Love it... Question though, how long before a player can place another bucket. Im able to place one but i dont get the option again. Untill i log out and back in

Outstanding Fred! Love it... Question though, how long before a player can place another bucket. Im able to place one but i dont get the option again. Untill i log out and back in

I am currently reworking the addAction portion with a couple other scripters. I have noticed similar issues. It seems that sometimes the player has to drop the required items and pick them back up or log out and back in to receive the option. It's the same issue that is keeping me from releasing the Zombie Shield. I'm hoping to get this sorted out today.

Yeah, i just dropped it then put it in my bag again and the option came up. Not a real bad problem right now. Thanks so much for your hard work fred! Keep it coming buddie!

Fred I have a question of you.

How would I go about making it to where no matter what meat a player has they can make this.

would it be.

Code:
(["FoodmeatRaw","FoodbeefRaw","FoodmuttonRaw","FoodbaconRaw","FoodchickenRaw","FoodrabbitRaw"] in magazines player)

or is that wrong all together.

Fred I have a question of you.

How would I go about making it to where no matter what meat a player has they can make this.

would it be.

Code:
(["FoodmeatRaw","FoodbeefRaw","FoodmuttonRaw","FoodbaconRaw","FoodchickenRaw","FoodrabbitRaw"] in magazines player)

or is that wrong all together.

Try replacing the entire Zombie Bait portion of fn_selfActions.sqf with the following code.
Code:
// Zombie Bait START
_meatTypes = ["FoodmeatRaw","FoodbeefRaw","FoodmuttonRaw","FoodbaconRaw","FoodchickenRaw","FoodrabbitRaw"];

{
if (isNil _hasBait) then {
    if (("ItemBloodbag" in magazines player) && (_x in magazines player)) then {
        _hasBait = true;
    } else {
        _hasBait = false;
    };

};
} forEach _meatTypes;

if (_hasBait && _canDo) then {
    if (_zombieBait < 0) then {
    _zombieBait = player addAction [("<t color=""#c30000"">" + ("Place Zombie Bait") +"</t>"),"scripts\zombiebait\zombiebait.sqf","",5,false,true,"",""];
    };
} else {
    player removeAction _zombieBait;
    _zombieBait = -1;
};
// Zombie Bait END

ok and what would i put in the zombiebait.sqf around this?

player removeMagazine "ItemBloodbag";
player removeMagazine "FoodbeefRaw";

ok and what would i put in the zombiebait.sqf around this?

player removeMagazine "FoodbeefRaw";

Try changing the section in fn_selfActions.sqf to
Code:
// Zombie Bait START
_meatTypes = ["FoodmeatRaw","FoodbeefRaw","FoodmuttonRaw","FoodbaconRaw","FoodchickenRaw","FoodrabbitRaw"];

{
    fred_meatBait_type = _x;

if (isNil _hasBait) then {
        if (("ItemBloodbag" in magazines player) && (_x in magazines player)) then {
            _hasBait = true;
        } else {
            _hasBait = false;
        };
    };
} forEach _meatTypes;

if (_hasBait && _canDo) then {
    if (_zombieBait < 0) then {
    _zombieBait = player addAction [("<t color=""#c30000"">" + ("Place Zombie Bait") +"</t>"),"scripts\zombiebait\zombiebait.sqf","",5,false,true,"",""];
    };
} else {
    player removeAction _zombieBait;
    _zombieBait = -1;
};
// Zombie Bait END

and then change the section in zombiebait.sqf where the items are removed to
Code:
player removeMagazine fred_meatBait_type;
sleep 10;

I'm not 100% positive this will work. I am still VERY new to scripting haha. Let me know the result.

yes i tested it but could not get it to work.

Dang! I'll look into it further and read up on some commands. Being able to use any meat is easy to add. However, I have no idea how to make the game recognize exactly which meat you used and then remove the correct meat from your inventory.

im getting kicked for script restriction #50 Crate vehicle any ideas i added the battle eye line you gave in the tut but could not find it in the list im using dayz.st server do i need a updated BE script?

im getting kicked for script restriction #50 Crate vehicle any ideas i added the battle eye line you gave in the tut but could not find it in the list im using dayz.st server do i need a updated BE script?

You are probably looking in the scripts.txt. You have to edit it in the createvehicle.txt.

Back