[Release] Fred's Zombie Bait (WIP)

Does the selfbloodbag script cause issues with this ? I cant get the option for the bait when i scroll. Only my self bloodbag.

Does the selfbloodbag script cause issues with this ? I cant get the option for the bait when i scroll. Only my self bloodbag.

Have you tried dropping the raw beef or bloodbag on the ground and picking it back up? Also, are you sure you are using "Raw Beef" specifically and not a different raw meat?

I can confirm Self Bloodbag, Zombie Bait, and Zombie Shield are working on the same server. Just tried all three. Both Self Blood and Zombie Bait show up when you can Bait.

Just installed this into the basebuilding part of my mission file, I will let you know if that works when server restarts like it does for salvage, bloodbag, tag friendly, and knockout. I added the Zombie Shield at the same time, so ill let you know about that too.

Just installed this into the basebuilding part of my mission file, I will let you know if that works when server restarts like it does for salvage, bloodbag, tag friendly, and knockout. I added the Zombie Shield at the same time, so ill let you know about that too.

So when i installed it this way, everytime a player logged in they were knocked out with a bucket infront of them saying "you're Zombie Bait has run out". I am thinking its the compiles, because i have to use basebuildings compiles

That's actually kind of hilarious though.

haha considering i left it like that for 2 hours, yes it is. Think you can help me fix it so i can add this while i have basebuilding? Maybe i have to copy the whole compile over from the dayz_code and add the custom compiles that are all in there back over.

Love the concept!! Whats the chance it could be a thrown item? Replacing the Red Smoke Grenades if possible?

Also from there transferring to players in area unless they change cloths?

I am still no coder but if that is do-able ..

sticker,375x360.png

I just tried downloading your mission file but the link didn't seem to work properly. Are you still having issues or have you figured it out?

Love the concept!! Whats the chance it could be a thrown item? Replacing the Red Smoke Grenades if possible?

Also from there transferring to players in area unless they change cloths?

I am still no coder but if that is do-able ..

I purposely created it as an object that needed to be placed instead of thrown. However, it could be adapted as a thrown object if someone wanted to edit it and I have no problem with people using my code. Also, I have thought about a version that could be used on other players to attract zombies to them but I have no plans to develop it right now.

You know what would make this really awesome? If you could get the script to gut zombies from Epoch, then a player has to gut a zombie, combine zombie parts with a blood bag and you have your bait...

What kind of animal do you have to kill to get the "FoodmeatRaw"?

You know what would make this really awesome? If you could get the script to gut zombies from Epoch, then a player has to gut a zombie, combine zombie parts with a blood bag and you have your bait...

What kind of animal do you have to kill to get the "FoodmeatRaw"?

I don't think zombies would be attracted to their own meat. o_O That would be a good way to create a zombie repellent though. Currently, the required meat is FoodbeefRaw which is obtained from gutting cows.

Ah, ok I see. Well, hopefully you'll figure out how to set it to accept ANY meat type.

What I could do, is give the player the option to place bait as long as they have any type of raw meat in their inventory. However, the issue come when removing the correct type of raw meat used, if the player has different kinds of raw meat in their inventory. This I do not know how to do, currently.

For example:
A player has 3x Raw chicken, 2x Raw beef, and 1x Raw Rabbit in their inventory and they decide to place some bait. Giving them the addAction is easy but when removing the meat, using the current system, one of each type of meat would be removed.

Back