[Release] mmmyum's zed changes - quantity, AI, spawning, permaLoot, permaZeds& more

Thanks dude. You can actually change them to just 2 instead of the random numbers (_runspeed and_walkspeed are randomized a bit). Regular dayz I'm pretty sure makes them run if it's a value above 2. This is exactly the reason I ended up making the addon in the first place, as I was just sick of them either sprinting or being super slow. Good luck!

Trying to install this on a taviana map but just get something went wrong and if you wait it then hangs at Requesting Authentication.
In the server log im getting

"LOGIN RESULT: Exiting, failed to load _primary: ["ERROR"] for player:

What sort of playerskins do you have added? Could I implement this on my regular private hive to get more skins out there?

Very interesting mod overall. Who would argue with more zombies?

I'm very interested in the playerskins to start but I may want to test this out too. I run a 50 man regular DayZ private hive and an origins private hive. The former is heavily customized.

I made some changes with the help of mmmyum for the behavior of the zeds so this might be different than what you experience.

Also, the skin you see is not one of mmyums's. It is a custom bandit skin from my mod.

AVG server FPS 55

Second part of the vid demonstrates the HS only Zeds as well.

I am SUPER interested in this as I'm just about to switch my Tavi server back to Chern.

How much extra effort would be involved in adding in things like RH weapon packs?

@Dirty Snipe -
Sorry I don't have time to look at your pbos right now, but I can maybe take a look later this week. You should go check over everything and make sure you've got all my files in the right places - then go take a look at your client and server RPT logs to see where it's going wrong. I haven't changed much to do with login but files may be slightly different for different maps, so make sure you are merging my changes, especially in compiles and variables.

@dagg929 -
look through the decompiled addon to see exactly which skins they are, but basically it's most of the skins that are available in Epoch - just arma skins redone to be wearable, very simple. Thanks, glad you think it's a cool mod - you can definitely put it in your private hive. The skins won't drop from the loot tables unless you add them in yourself, just so you know, and of course clients will need to download it. All the zombie changes except animations/full control over speed are server side, so no client downloads required. The zombies, in my set up, drop my skins - but you'll have to modify zombie_generate to make sure they have the loot that you want, and not just my skins. Add me on steam or pop by the teamspeak if you end up installing the mod.

@torturedchunk -
:D

@cur -
I'm not sure what you mean. My mod is mission/server pbo based, and runs on regular dayz. The two addons, yum_skins and yum_zedUndead (animations) require client downloads, but they are not full mods like a map or anything - they run on top of regular dayz, as small additions. So RH pack shouldn't affect it at all.

Thanks mmmyum. Not sure where I have gone wrong as I have merged the compiles but didnt merg the variables as you was updating the client side variables which wasnt from the mission addon as far as im aware.
Followed the rest and merged as much as I could.

ATM with those files I have linked the server loads you into lobby, then once the mission file has downloaded it still hangs for a long period of time at something went wrong / Requesting Authentication.

After waiting for like 10 mins it will load you into the game with the following problems.

User input does not work. All you can do is view map.

the user view is all screwed up too.

Just got done installing this, The server loads in fine with no problems but zed's aren't spawning anywhere.. What could be causing this?

Also, the initial spawn of Zombies takes place after the Perma Loot (on server start) so it can take around 5 minutes or so to start working fully.

I've managed to install your zombies but nearly half of them is running the whole time arround like crazy even if they did not detect anyone. Also they seem to be much faster than normal zombies. And last but not least : how do i turn off the headshot only kill? Would it be possible to just change the numbers and not the zombie behaviour?

@DirtySnipe - find the errors in the RPT log, and fix them. Nothing I can do with what you described.

@Opticz - what torturedchunk said first of all, and then check what commanderretra said after. Then check your RPT and every file, figure out all the errors you got!

@torturedchunk@commanderretra - :D thanks.

@SURT78 - you've messed up somewhere, and change the forcespeed settings in the zombie_agent.fsm AI. I don't know if you're using the addon, but make sure you are current with everything. Headshot only is in fn_damagehandlerZ.sqf - called from compiles.sqf, you can just remove the call.
And no, it is not possible, as regular dayz's zombies are too CPU hungry to have more of them.

@ALL: Targeting update coming soon, for everyone who's having issues where you can't properly hold zed's attention. Also tweaking here and there, keep your eyes on the github, update in a couple days at the most.

Its only done that since trying to install following your instructions.

Like I said, you broke something - not sure what until I get the other RPT log. Please keep your responses to the conversation you started with me so we can keep the thread somewhat clean :)

mmmyum .. I tried your server out .. For me the knock down is too buggy .. they seem to be able to knock you down from lik 5 meters away. I would just remove the knock down system. Other then that. spawned over 140 zeds and was still at 60 fps

That's not buggy its intentional. And its 4m to be exact. Hoping to get a good lunge animation to use for the tackle/knockdown.

Glad everything was working right! Awesome fps!

This looks awesome, I love more but slower zombies. Zombies should be dangerous by their numbers, not because they can outrun you. I'm gonna give this a go!

Can you turn the Knock down off ? Just a note .. I never seen the slow moving Zombies. They all looked normal to me .. not like the ones in the video

Back