[Release] mmmyum's zed changes - quantity, AI, spawning, permaLoot, permaZeds& more

IF the zombies where slow moving like in your video the knock down would be perfect . But with them running faster then you can and knocking you down from 4 meters away is too much .. I do not think you can have both Fast running zombies and the knock down effect. I have played on servers that had this before and players just would not join. It makes the zombies too hard to deal with. This is just my Option.

@Mike - You've not installed the mod properly. With my addon, there are no runners. Go back and read the instructions again. Next time, maybe mention its not working properly before reporting 'bugs'.

Yes, you can turn off the knockdown effect if you install in on your servers, of course. It is a simple call, or just comment out the code in the knockdown file for a dirty fix.

This looks really good. Implementing it into Taviana seems like a bit of a headache though. I had a quick look and the compiles.sqf alone is vastly different. If someone does manage to get this working on Tavi or would like to work with me to get it functioning on Tavi, please let me know.

Im trying to get it working on tavi but having no luck atm. i am thinking of stripping out all my scripts and restarting with a stock tavi mission file.

@Mike - You've not installed the mod properly. With my addon, there are no runners. Go back and read the instructions again. Next time, maybe mention its not working properly before reporting 'bugs'.

Yes, you can turn off the knockdown effect if you install in on your servers, of course. It is a simple call, or just comment out the code in the knockdown file for a dirty fix.

I just went to your link for you server files http://mmmyum.info/mmmyum_testbox.html here and installed those files and played on your server. put -mod=@dayz;@rMod;@yum_skins;@yum_zedUndead -nosplash that in dayz commander and joined your server. All the zombies where fast running ones. I will try your server again today and report back .. maybe I missed something

@angry pineapple - that should work, but you'll also have to change the code in vanilla player spawn check (comment out the part that spawns loot). Also comment out the part that sets the variables for locations to spawn zombies in spawn_permaLoot.

@Dirty Snipe @Althasil
I've never run tavi, sorry. But I'm sure we can get it to work, as it shouldn't be map dependent. The stuff in variables and compiles - you really only need a few lines. Eventually I'll get around to pulling them out and getting it organized - but basically, variables initializes a few of the zombie variables (think that's at the bottom) and the number of zeds to spawn; and compiles just deals with a couple overrides, like the damagehandlerZ for HS only - I think you can figure out which ones they are here because they should all be in the fixes' folder. If you can figure out the rest of my instructions, try just looking for a few changes in compiles and variables - things that look out of place/refer to the fixes' folder or zombies. You can do it!

@Mike - come by the TS if you want, I can help you get it set up correctly. It sounds to me like you're simply not launching with the correct addons, though you've described the right methods. Sounds simply like yum_zedUndead isn't loading - make sure the addons all show up in the list at the main menu when you boot the game (should be a text list on the right hand side of the main menu screen, not in a submenu like expansions.

I love the animations they look phenomenal. If the zombies moved faster and were a bigger threat I'd install this on my server in a second.

I am loving these changes! I'm not currently using the skins - and I've got some of the zombies doing the "super-run" thing - which I kinda like....however I've got a question that maybe someone can point me in the right direction. It seems the dectection of the zombies is too high for my taste and I'd like to lower the detection range quite dramatically - so they only detect when a player is quite close. As it stands the zombies seem to almost insta-agro.

I've tried lowering the nearentities to 50 in the control_zombieagent.sqf but it doesn't appear to make much of a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I have to say this is the ONLY reason to bring me back to the mod. Great effing job dude!

I followed the instructions but I cannot seem to get this to work.

I'm running a 99.9% stock 1.7.7 install

Here is my mission

Here is my server pbo

I have no loot and no zombies. Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

I'm building a dedicated 50 man 1.7.7 around this and would be glad to help test.

Mine's all working perfectly (1.7.6.1) , I'm running quite a few other things along side it and this is the latest one to install. Took me a few hours to get it all working properly, but now it is.

A couple of things though, where exactly can I turn down the number of zeds? There's slightly too many for my tastes and it gets pretty choppy framerate in the towns.

Is there a few lines somewhere I can turn off those debug messages that show up down the bottom of the screen?

Since installing the mod (as well as the clothing packages addon you provided), right clicking on a clothing package yields two options, wear *name*, and create canvass (never seen this option before). Neither do anything on any package I've come across, including ghillie suits. Just clicking on either option, nothing at all happens.
Both packages are installed correctly, so I figure the error has to be somewhere in one of my PBOs but I have no idea where to start looking.

Great work on this modification! I remember trying to do the same thing a few months ago with all of my novice ability. Keep it up!

Edit
Nevermind about the zed numbers and clothing things. I believe I've fixed them. Haven't tested it but had a look at some of the things in variables.sqf, and as for the clothes I forgot to add two scripts to the fixes folder.

Okay, I couldn't figure that out. I added in the two scripts I was missing, but when I connect now, I get a screen saying 'wait for host', where I can see my name up in the top left corner in red. It's connecting but not properly, I take from that.

I also didn't have rMod installed, but now I've called that through with my server launcher bat, and in the mod options for Arma too.

In my Arma2OAServer.exe it's constantly printing 'MissionDayZ read from bank' - and the files I've *edited* since it was last working was the init.sqf and mission mission.sqm

Here's both to take a look at.
init.sqf

mission.sqm

Any guidance with this problem?

Edit: After some testing of my own, I've confirmed the problem is in the mission.sqm. I'm just not sure where.

not sure but could this be the main reason for me getting no loot.

3:17:30 File mpmissions\dayz_14.chernarus\fixes\building_spawnLoot.sqf, line 21
3:17:30 Error in expression <s select _index;
_itemType = _itemTypes select _index;
[_itemType select 0, _ite>

Back