[Release] mmmyum's zed changes - quantity, AI, spawning, permaLoot, permaZeds& more

anybody got this working for Fallujah? I'v been struggling with it all day, no luck. Server starts, no zeds spawn, even after 20 minutes.

For the last 2 dayZ I've been testing mmyum's cool mod. I can say I've had varied results from 50 Zed's to a Horde the size of Australia chasing me.If you read through this thread thoroughly it is possible to do it yourself to great effect.Follow the principals that mmmyum has announced and be prepared to do lots of testing to find the right balance in the values.The regular players on my server love it, but for first-timers onto the server they freak out.
DAyZ.st/Chernarus/1.7.7.1

For the last 2 dayZ I've been testing mmyum's cool mod. I can say I've had varied results from 50 Zed's to a Horde the size of Australia chasing me.If you read through this thread thoroughly it is possible to do it yourself to great effect.Follow the principals that mmmyum has announced and be prepared to do lots of testing to find the right balance in the values.The regular players on my server love it, but for first-timers onto the server they freak out.
DAyZ.st/Chernarus/1.7.7.1

can you send me the ip to your server I would loke to have a look

I didn't realize there were other responses recently, I'll try to help you guys out.

anybody got this working for Fallujah? I'v been struggling with it all day, no luck. Server starts, no zeds spawn, even after 20 minutes.

You'll need to change the coordinates for the center used in spawn_permaLoot.sqf. Just place an object around the center of the map in the editor, get the coordinates from the mission file and insert them at line 5 in said file as the value of _center. I don't have Fallujah installed atm, but this should fix your issue. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Is there no easy "guide" you can follow, I really want this :D

I'm throwing something together for you now, provided I have the right files and all. Should be done in a little while (today).

Instructions for 1.7.6.1 (the scripts weren't tested on versions past that):

If wanted, install the skins and animations pbos from the "ADDONS_skins_animations_CLIENTSIDE_notRequired" folder.

Replace server_cleanup.fsm and server_monitor.sqf in your server pbo\system folder with the ones found in "MISSION_SERVER_yumZedSystem_ALLSERVER\dayz_server\system\". This will make the server not delete the included permanent loot and execute the required spawn_permaLoot.sqf to add the number of zombies each location will hold. At this point, the number of zombies and type of zombies spawned is the same for each location type.

If you don't want to replace server_monitor.sqf, I believe the only thing added was the following lines close to the bottom:
Code:
if (isDedicated) then {
    _id = [] execFSM "fixes\server_cleanup.fsm";
    //_id = [] execFSM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_cleanup.fsm";
};

Copy the fixes folder from "MISSION_SERVER_yumZedSystem_ALLSERVER\dayz_1.chernarus" your your mission file.

Open the init.sqf file in your mission folder, and do the following:

replace
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";
with
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\variables.sqf";

replace
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
with
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions

add below previous line:
Code:
zombie_findTargetAgent = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\zombie_findTargetAgent.sqf";
zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\zombie_generate.sqf";
building_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\building_spawnZombies.sqf";
control_zombieAgent = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\control_zombieAgent.sqf";
player_spawnCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_spawnCheck.sqf";
player_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_zombieCheck.sqf";
player_zombieAttack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_zombieAttack.sqf";
zombie_findOwner = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\zombie_findOwner.sqf";
stream_locationCheck = {};

I'm not 100% sure on this last one as it's in server monitor on my setup, but add
_nul = [] execVM "fixes\spawn_permaLoot.sqf";
to either init.sqf or server_monitor.sqf (in your server pbo)

That should be it. Let me know if anything goes wrong and I'll try to fix it.

I didn't realize there were other responses recently, I'll try to help you guys out.

You'll need to change the coordinates for the center used in spawn_permaLoot.sqf. Just place an object around the center of the map in the editor, get the coordinates from the mission file and insert them at line 5 in said file as the value of _center. I don't have Fallujah installed atm, but this should fix your issue. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I didn't use the permloot file when I ran Fallujah. Iḿ running Namalsk atm, so maybe I'll give this another shot

I am not understanding how to install this. I don't want to mess up my server so I want to get it right.
I am HFB server host. Do I need to be a dedicated host?

Can someone help me to get this working?
I run Chernarus 1.8.0.3 and just want perma Zeds and perma Loot. Sadly I'm not skilled enough to get this working.
If one of you guys could make a quick tutorial, that would be awesome!

Edit: Followed the Instructions, but now i have no zombies and loot on the server. Testing it with Pwnz0r Private Server

i got it to work on epoch with exception the cleanup part, so the timer option dont work for me. either zeds are spawning and spawning ( i stoped the server at 1300 zeds) or the cleanup is cleaning up and i got the message "blabla zeds are in location" it counts up and down.

Hello Quentix,

i think i worked it out. You can download my server files here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=46419547784131496875
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=15004723965861325362

Everything is functional: Permaloot/Locationspawnsystem/Locationspawn Timer to clear of cities/Yums KI...

Its for Epoch 1.0.4, but i want to point to the fact that there are some more addons included in my mission.
The Zeds are pretty strong so make sure you are using yums undead_skin for slow walking zeds..otherwise its very hard to deal with them.
They are able to pull you out the car if the windows are damaged.
There are also changes in the temperature calculation - its cold and you really need some heatpacks or warm clothes.
I m using core_time.fsm for a 4h Day/Night Cycle..you can deactivate it in the init.
There are also custom loot tables so dont wonder if medic/food/drinks are rare..
I like it to make the game a bit more survival.. :)

Hope i could help.

tried the files to work on epoch tavi. No zeds spawning :(

I added some with a tool, thye alternate between running and slow walking, really weird to see :p

Last edited:
Maybe you need to take a look at the permaloot.sqf. This file is necesarry to get the Location based spawnsystem to work. Take a look in your .rpt file if yum is counting the spawn locations. In my file there are the cords from stary for the center..i think its different to Taviana.

After a restart it takes 5-10 minutes till the spawnsystem begins spawning..maybe on taviana it takes a lil bit longer to initialize all locations because the map is bigger.

Maybe you need to take a look at the permaloot.sqf. This file is necesarry to get the Location based spawnsystem to work. Take a look in your .rpt file if yum is counting the spawn locations. In my file there are the cords from stary for the center..i think its different to Taviana.

Hmm, that might be a problem ye, will check that out!

can anyone help explain to me how to reduce the # of zombies being generated or at least lower their agro to noise ? I imagine the answers are in one or both of these
player_zombieCheck.sqf
zombie_generate.sqf

but the "how" of it is beyond my ability. :(

Did you use my server files? for lowering the "noise-agro" look for"DAYZ_disAudial * 2) > 80" and "_dist < (DAYZ_disAudial * 4" in player_zombiecheck.sqf and delet the "*2" Part. Change this line _dist < (DAYZ_disAudial * 4 TO _dist < (DAYZ_disAudial / 2.
The Number of Zeds you can find in building_spawnzombies.sqf

Back