[Release] pick spawn and loadout

^ 1.7.6.1 and older mods replace "PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord" with "dayzLoginRecord"
Ah derpy me, there we go and it works :) thanks a bunch man and happy holidays to you !!

One more question if it's not too much, I have made it so that there are 4 to 5 random spots to spawn at instead of the default 3 you have put in there (talking about the location you choose, it chooses one of 3 coords you put in), seems like sometimes it won't Teleport me even if it says it did, then of course I am able to spawn a gear/car. So no TP but still gear/car option. The coords are all real and suppose to work (works 95% of the time).

I think what happens here is either one of the coords is not working so it does not move me or that I cannot put more than 3 random coords. Either way all my locations are doing this no matter what. SO it's not the same spawn all the time, it's any of the spawns. Sometimes you move sometimes you don't.

Any ideas?

Im trying to get this working with Overwatch 2.5. I can get the menu to show up only by exec. it in the init.sqf like so
Code:
[] execVM "newspawn\newspawn_execute.sqf";
When i click on a spawn location nothing happens. Anyone have a solution for this? AH is removed completely and cant find any errors in the client side rpt. Thanks in advanced!

You probably want to set this to 0 in your init.sqf, so you don't have double spawn selection:
Code:
dayz_spawnselection = 0;

You forgot this step:
2. In dayz_server\compile\server_playerSetup.sqf
Find this line: PVCDZ_plr_Login2 = [_worldspace,_state];
Replace it with: PVCDZ_plr_Login2 = [_worldspace,_state,_randomSpot];

I don't have Overwatch downloaded, so I can't check, but I think the correct login variable is PVCDZ_plr_LoginRecord. So the init.sqf code should be this:
Code:
p2_newspawn = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "newspawn\newspawn_execute.sqf";
waitUntil {!isNil ("PVCDZ_plr_LoginRecord")};
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 2) then
{
player spawn p2_newspawn;
};

I didn't know the server_playerSetup.sqf was different on Overwatch. I will update the OP directions to include it.

Ok ive done everything to the T, as you have posted above. Still when i click on a location to spawn it does nothing. I dont see any errors in client side RPT. Heres what Ive got
Code:
//Game Settings
dayz_spawnselection = 0; // DayZ Spawnselection / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled, No current spawn limits.
dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 2;    // Helicrash Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the Helicrash
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 0; // Infected Base Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the infected base
This at the bottom of my init.sqf
Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "scripts\custom_monitor.sqf";
    //Conduct map operations
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    if (dayz_antihack == 1) then {
    //[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";
    };
};

// Logo watermark: adding a logo in the bottom left corner of the screen with the server name in it
if (!isNil "dayZ_serverName") then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil {(!isNull Player) and (alive Player) and (player == player)};
        waituntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
        5 cutRsc ["wm_disp","PLAIN"];
        ((uiNamespace getVariable "wm_disp") displayCtrl 1) ctrlSetText dayZ_serverName;
    };
};

[] execVM "faction.sqf";

[] execVM "newspawn\newspawn_execute.sqf";
This in my server_playersetup
Code:
//record player pos locally for server checking
_playerObj setVariable["characterID",_characterID,true];
_playerObj setVariable["humanity",_humanity,true];
_playerObj setVariable["humanity_CHK",_humanity];
//_playerObj setVariable["worldspace",_worldspace,true];
//_playerObj setVariable["state",_state,true];
_playerObj setVariable["lastPos",getPosATL _playerObj];

PVCDZ_plr_Login2 = [_worldspace,_state,_randomSpot];
_clientID = owner _playerObj;
_clientID publicVariableClient "PVCDZ_plr_Login2";

//record time started
_playerObj setVariable ["lastTime",time];
//_playerObj setVariable ["model_CHK",typeOf _playerObj];

#ifdef LOGIN_DEBUG
diag_log format["LOGIN PUBLISHING: UID#%1 CID#%2 %3 as %4 should spawn at %5", getPlayerUID _playerObj, _characterID, _playerObj call fa_plr2str, typeOf _playerObj, (_worldspace select 1) call fa_coor2str];
#endif

PVDZ_plr_Login1 = null;
PVDZ_plr_Login2 = null;

//Save Login

Heres the link to my modded PBO's
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8x11bht4jneh2x/EpiX Modded PBO's.zip

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Ok so ive done everything as you have said above.. Now when i spawn in im not getting the option anymore. I have my AH completely removed so it cant be the AH.

Hey ebay, this is my newspawn_main.sqf. People with custom spawns are getting the menu, but people who do not have custom spawn don't get the menu, they only get the message that says "Use scroll wheel to select spawn location". Can you help me out? Thanks in advanced.

Code:
pathtonewspawn = "newspawn\locations\";
EXECscript1 = 'player execVM "'+pathtonewspawn+'%1"';

chi =
[
    ["",false],
        ["chi's Hideout", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"chi.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Balota", [3], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"balota.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Berezino", [4], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"berezino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Cherno", [5], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"cherno.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Elektro", [6], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"elektro.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Kamenka", [7], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"kamenka.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Gorka", [8], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"gorka.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Grishino", [9], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"grishino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Kabanino", [10], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"kabanino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["", [-1], "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
            ["Next page", [12], "#USER:Page4", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
            ["Exit", [13], "", -3, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"]
];

AGG =
[
    ["",false],
        ["AGG Spawn", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"agg.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Balota", [3], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"balota.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Berezino", [4], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"berezino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Cherno", [5], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"cherno.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Elektro", [6], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"elektro.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Kamenka", [7], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"kamenka.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Gorka", [8], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"gorka.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Grishino", [9], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"grishino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Kabanino", [10], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"kabanino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

gsmith =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Gsmith", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"gsmith.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

nathan =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Nathan", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"nathan.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

Peasant =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Balota", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"balota.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Berezino", [3], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"berezino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Cherno", [4], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"cherno.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Elektro", [5], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"elektro.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Kamenka", [6], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"kamenka.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Gorka", [7], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"gorka.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Grishino", [8], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"grishino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Kabanino", [9], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"kabanino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

Page4 =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Kamyshovo", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"kamyshovo.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Komarovo", [3], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"komarovo.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Krasnostav", [4], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"krasnostav.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Pogorevka", [5], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"pogorevka.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Prigor", [6], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"prigor.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Pusta", [7], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"pusta.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Solnichniy", [8], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"solnichniy.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Vybor", [9], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"vybor.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
            ["Previous Page", [12], "", -4, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["1294326566"]) exitWith {
newspawn =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Select Spawn Point", [2], "#USER:chi", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];
showCommandingMenu "#USER:newspawn";};

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["1553596230","1439802566","690823886","759234550","1099369286","979793014","1560278346","1560536646","368897A3X","1449306310"]) exitWith {
newspawn =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Select Spawn Point", [2], "#USER:AGG", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["303931014"]) exitWith {
newspawn =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Select Spawn Point", [2], "#USER:gsmith", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["1531689606"]) exitWith {
newspawn =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Select Spawn Point", [2], "#USER:nathan", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];
showCommandingMenu "#USER:newspawn";} else {
newspawn =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Select Spawn Point", [2], "#USER:Peasant", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];

Last edited:
I found what was stopping this from working on 1.0.8.3 and Overwatch. The in combat check no longer uses dayz_combat. So every time someone clicked on a spawn point it was checking if dayz_combat = 1. Since that variable is undefined in the new Overwatch and 1.0.8.3 it was stopping there. That explains why so many people were having the same problem. Sorry about that guys. Fixed it and reuploaded the files.

I also updated the OP directions with the correct init.sqf code for Overwatch and 1.0.8.3. I included directions for disabling antiTP and allowing spawned loadouts in infistar's latest AH.

Replace all your "exitWith" with "then"

If you exit the script then it will not be able to refer back to those user menus when the user makes his selection. Let me know if it works. ;)

I had it as "then" to start with, but no one got the options then. So i looked back at your post at the bottom of page 2 and saw that u had "exitWith" and so i changed it. This made the entire menu visible to the people who have a custom uid list, but still nothing for the other users who don't have a custom spawn. Could it be the "else" part at the end? I'll link you my newspawn folder or my pbo's so u can try it out yourself if it will help.

Im running epoch 1.0.3.1 btw.

^In that case leave it the way you have it and just remove the else at the bottom like this:
Code:
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["151689606"]) exitWith {
newspawn =
[
  ["",false],
  ["Select Spawn Point", [2], "#USER:nathan", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];
newspawn =
[
  ["",false],
  ["Select Spawn Point", [2], "#USER:Peasant", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];
showCommandingMenu "#USER:newspawn";

Because if you have gotten this far down in the script without exiting it means you are not a special UID player. The else is not necessary. Let me know if it works. ;)

This is a good example for everyone to follow for multiple custom spawns. Works great ebay. Thanks ;-)
Code:
pathtonewspawn = "newspawn\locations\";
EXECscript1 = 'player execVM "'+pathtonewspawn+'%1"';

chi =
[
    ["",false],
        ["chi's Hideout", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"chi.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

AGG =
[
    ["",false],
        ["AGG Spawn", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"agg.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

gsmith =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Gsmith", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"gsmith.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

nathan =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Nathan", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"nathan.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

Peasant =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Balota", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"balota.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Berezino", [3], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"berezino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Cherno", [4], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"cherno.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Elektro", [5], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"elektro.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Kamenka", [6], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"kamenka.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Gorka", [7], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"gorka.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Grishino", [8], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"grishino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Kabanino", [9], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"kabanino.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
];

Page4 =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Kamyshovo", [2], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"kamyshovo.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Komarovo", [3], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"komarovo.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Krasnostav", [4], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"krasnostav.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Pogorevka", [5], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"pogorevka.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Prigor", [6], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"prigor.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Pusta", [7], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"pusta.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Solnichniy", [8], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"solnichniy.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Vybor", [9], "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript1,"vybor.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
            ["Previous Page", [12], "", -4, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["129443426566"]) exitWith {
newspawn =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Select Spawn Point", [2], "#USER:chi", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["1555496230","1498302566","690824886","759324550","1099639286","973979014","1560327846","1253080134","1563056646","3683897AX","1449064310"]) exitWith {
newspawn =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Select Spawn Point", [2], "#USER:AGG", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["309331014"]) exitWith {
newspawn =
[
    ["",false],
        ["Select Spawn Point", [2], "#USER:gsmith", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
];

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["1516839606"]) exitWith {
newspawn =
[
    ["",false],
];
newspawn =
[
    ["",false],
];
showCommandingMenu "#USER:newspawn";

I found what was stopping this from working on 1.0.8.3 and Overwatch. The in combat check no longer uses dayz_combat. So every time someone clicked on a spawn point it was checking if dayz_combat = 1. Since that variable is undefined in the new Overwatch and 1.0.8.3 it was stopping there. That explains why so many people were having the same problem. Sorry about that guys. Fixed it and reuploaded the files.

I also updated the OP directions with the correct init.sqf code for Overwatch and 1.0.8.3. I included directions for disabling antiTP and allowing spawned loadouts in infistar's latest AH.

Replace all your "exitWith" with "then"

Let me know if it works. ;)

Sweet! It works for me with Overwatch! Thanks Ebay! I finally have custom spawns. One small issue i have found with it though, is when i choose a loadout. My player is still holding a crossbow ( default loadout ) but it shoots bullits lolz . It says the name of the gun on the top left of the screen and everything. When i switch to secondary, and back to primary it switches back to the default crossbow.

Not a very big deal for me, im happy to have the spawns working! Thanks again and great script!

One small issue i have found with it though, is when i choose a loadout. My player is still holding a crossbow ( default loadout ) but it shoots bullits lolz . It says the name of the gun on the top left of the screen and everything. When i switch to secondary, and back to primary it switches back to the default crossbow.

Not a very big deal for me, im happy to have the spawns working! Thanks again and great script!
you can also try this:
Code:
player selectWeapon 'M9';
reload player;
obviusly change M9 to whatever you choose in your loadout

Hey. do not tell me how to make that player after entering the server appear in the current one point and from there already selected via scrollin menu?

Back