SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
One one thing, where do I set the skill level of the different groups?
you don't :) Or, if you really want to dig that deep into it, i recommend to let ASR_Ai (get it from armaholic) handle it, you can define very detailled skill levels then.

ok thank you very much, another question. if the AI will dissappear when no player near, if they stolen my car that mean they wont get too far right?

IF AI steal your car, they only use it to drive to their next waypoint within the same grid that you are in. They might decide to use your car for patrolling though, but all this is only happening in that one grid. so if they despawn, the car is still in the same grid.
Need to check what happens to the car if i remove them, but should still be ther (checked, it is)

sorry i got so much so much question...:( is there anyway that the mark(AI spawning point) ingame map will not show that will make players more difficult to know where does AI at and which one is friendly or not...thank you very very much

sorry i got so much so much question...:( is there anyway that the mark(AI spawning point) ingame map will not show that will make players more difficult to know where does AI at and which one is friendly or not...thank you very very much
The markers are there for debugging during setup :) It lets you see that things are working
Remember to turn them off when you go live.

a) Bandit AI are acting like real bandits - they shoot everything.

b) static AI is not respawning at the moment, will be part of a next release and will be configurable. In theory i can let em respawn already, but then they are missing their weapon loadout :) Static heli patrols should not need to respawn, they rarely die anyhow. Too many respawns will lead to people farming these ...

c) whitelist - you could in theory. if more people request this, i might put it in.

Dang....

Maybe have an option to be able to respawn some and change how often they respawn, I would like them to respawn fairly quickly so they can defend my castle.

There is an error in your server_cleanup.fsm edit :) It's killing everyone.
Try this :
Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

Ok, the AI system seems to be working well for me know. In regards to skill, I am thinking I will just swap out their weapons choices to something a little less powerful. Is the ammo selection for new weapons (eg. MP5) automatic, or will I need to update that in another file?

Ok, the AI system seems to be working well for me know. In regards to skill, I am thinking I will just swap out their weapons choices to something a little less powerful. Is the ammo selection for new weapons (eg. MP5) automatic, or will I need to update that in another file?
Ammo selection is automatic. If you want them less powerful at range, give them shotguns, or MPs .

cheers

Sarge

thx richie this seems to fix it gonna test if i can run it whit be now
i did this line from the manual and i will upload the sar_ai_init i dint change anything over there only what was on the readme
" if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) ) then {" \n

i did this line from the manual and i will upload the sar_ai_init i dint change anything over there only what was on the readme
" if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) ) then {" \n

The predefined HUEY has 2 gunner positions, which i use. In your RPT this failed, i think because of the wrong type of heli.

The problem is that there are different server_cleanup.fsm files being used in the different server builds. My example is from a Crosire server build, for other packages this line might look different.

The one that Richie posted works for certain builds.

The predefined HUEY has 2 gunner positions, which i use. In your RPT this failed, i think because of the wrong type of heli.

this is the file i dint change noting only what was on the readme i still getting kicked for script restriction 80 now

Attachments

• SAR_AI_init.sqf
    7.5 KB · Views: 18
this is the file i dint change noting only what was on the readme i still getting kicked for script restriction 80 now

All fine in this file, might have happened cause every AI unit was instantly killed by the server_cleanup.fsm.

script 80 means you need to adjust line number 82 in your scripts.txt so it doesnt kick you. Or set it to warn, that should give you a first result.

Ok, thanks for all the help Sarge, and great work on the framework. I'll update this thread with more feedback once i've had it running for a few days.

thanks again

All fine in this file, might have happened cause every AI unit was instantly killed by the server_cleanup.fsm.

script 80 means you need to adjust line number 82 in your scripts.txt so it doesnt kick you. Or set it to warn, that should give you a first result.

i had it change to this like it was on the readme
5 setVehicleAmmo !"\"setVehicleAmmo\"," !"_vehicle setVehicleAmmo 1;\nif (SAR_DEBUG) then {diag_log \"Vehicle new ammo\";};"

and realy nice work btw !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back