SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all that have problems with BE:

The filters have changed in the last release, the new ones are in the README on github.

Have you figured a way to have zeds react to AI the same way they react to players?

Yeah, but not intending to put it in. The Zeds will not be able to damage AI anyhow afaik, and them only running after AI doesnt make sense. So the way it is now (Zeds ignoring AI) imo is the best in regards of play balance.

Yeah, but not intending to put it in. The Zeds will not be able to damage AI anyhow afaik, and them only running after AI doesnt make sense. So the way it is now (Zeds ignoring AI) imo is the best in regards of play balance.
I've kludged in a reaction to the AI the way they react to players, and a kind of PBAOE if the zed is able to stay near the AI. But you're right,; you have to choose between zeds killing AI without punching them, or zeds just loitering around while they're gunned down. Either way is sub-optimal.

another question....why does the mark in the map sometimes have no AI (most of the time) when i went there, i can see a lot of friendly AI but not Bandits at all..

For all the ones with BE issues: i really, really urge you to understand how BE works. There are some decent posts on the BI forums to explain this.

In short: in the scripts.txt are all code frragments that are caught by BE as being suspicios. The number at the beginning of the line stands for:

1 = Log detection
2 = log detection to server console
4 = kick for detection

these can be added. So what you usually see is something like e.g.

5 addAmmo !"\"addAmmo\","

This means:

5 = kick and log (see above) anybody that executes the script code "addAmmo". do NOT kick players that execute
"addAmmo,". Pay attention to the comma. The backslashes above are used to escape the doublequotes.

Once you understand this logic, it's pretty easy to check in your scripts.lofg file which script code triggered a kick, and add the corresponding exception.

Another example:

Lets assume in your scripts.log is an entry that states:

SOMETIME Player IP Hash value - #10 "somebadcode that is NOT bad"

Then you lookup in your scripts.txt line number 12 (should be always 2 above the #number) and this will define:

#5 somebadcode

To make BE not kick a player for using the above code, change that line in scripts.txt to:

#5 somebadcode !"somebadcode that is NOT bad"

by this exception, BE will pass that code fragment. Anyone sending "somebadcode" will still be kicked, anyone sending
"somebadcode that is NOT bad" will be able to join and will not be kicked.

Hope this explains, and please please please read up on BE filters and how to use them. Everyone that runs a server SHOULD know how these things work.

cheers

Sarge

another question....why does the mark in the map sometimes have no AI (most of the time) when i went there, i can see a lot of friendly AI but not Bandits at all..

The mark on the map is showing the WAYPOINT of that specific group. So the guys need to walk there first :) And if theres lots of friendly AI but no bandits - well, i would say the friendly ones killed the bandits. As long as you have red markers, you have bandit groups. But they might be on their way to that marker.

The mark on the map is showing the WAYPOINT of that specific group. So the guys need to walk there first :) And if theres lots of friendly AI but no bandits - well, i would say the friendly ones killed the bandits. As long as you have red markers, you have bandit groups. But they might be on their way to that marker.
ok i see that, thanks a lot, but sometimes when i get to the mark and wait about 1mins the mark just gone and then went other mark :[

Hey Sarge, just want to say excellent work man. setting it up now, just wondering, i have a Panthera server aswell, would this work on that map? ive messed around a bit with UPSmon in the past through mission editor do we go through the same methods of adding new patrols? (markers, parameters etc)

i finally saw a groups of bandits :D thank you, and one last last question, is there any chance u can make a scirpt that has only bandits everywhere, that will be sick :eek:

i finally saw a groups of bandits :D thank you, and one last last question, is there any chance u can make a scirpt that has only bandits everywhere, that will be sick :eek:
I dont have to, you already have it installed. Read and understand the configuration files, if you want to you can flood the whole map with bandit groups only.

Hey Sarge, just want to say excellent work man. setting it up now, just wondering, i have a Panthera server aswell, would this work on that map? ive messed around a bit with UPSmon in the past through mission editor do we go through the same methods of adding new patrols? (markers, parameters etc)

I recommend you have a look at the config files and how they work. Panthera is not configured yet, so i would need to adjust some things in SAR_AI_init. Might do that later tomorrow. If you cant wait and have scripting knowledge, add Panthera to the Switch case statements in SAR_AI_init and create the config files and you should be set.

Hey there, is there any chance this framework would cause the server to lag? We seem to be experiencing some very bad lag on our server, but this could be due to the server host also (dayz.st) and maybe DDoS.

i want wonder why do i always saw AI heli crash :[ never see them fly around and not important question: can i put some gear in the AI body so i can loot it after i killed him?

would i be able to just define 0.6 if i want AI to spawn on Skalisty island even though its outside the grid on the map provided (Chernarus) and is it possible to add 1 class more (1. leader 2. sniper 3. rifelmen 4.Anti Air)?

have to try it out later but unsure about running it long term, adding a meg to the mission file is a fair bit.

have to try it out later but unsure about running it long term, adding a meg to the mission file is a fair bit.

Shouldn't be a megabyte ... more like 400 kb. And if you want to make that even smaller, delete the unneeded cfg files (the ones that are not for your map).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back