SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that on my Lingor server, every time I spawn, it's creating a new entry for me, starting me new every time. I'm pretty sure this only started after I installed this. Anyone else have this problem?

Code:
// =========================================================================================================
//  SAR_AI - DayZ AI library
//  Version: 1.0.0
//  Author: Sarge ([email protected])
//
//        Wiki: to come
//        Forum: to come
//       
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//  Required:
//  UPSMon 
//  SHK_pos
// 
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//  grid cfg file for Chernarus
//  last modified: 5.3.2013

// x coordinate of the first, bottom left grid center point
_startx=2500;

// y coordinate of the first, bottom left grid center point
_starty=2800;

// gridsize x (how many single squares in the grid) for the x-axis
_gridsize_x=6;

// gridsize y (how many single squares in the grid) for the y-axis
_gridsize_y=6;

// distance from the center of one square of the grid to the border of that square. so overall size of a square in the grid is 2x gridwidth / 2x gridwidth
where abouts?

Wrong file, that one you have is SAR_cfg_grid_chernarus.sqf
The file you want is SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf

Very similer file name and in the same folder but it's GRPS for groups, you have GRID :)

The top 58 lines of text in SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf explain step by step what every value does :) Just read and follow.
It's already been filled in with default values, leave them how they are if you can't follow the code.

My server host has been nice enough to take care of the BattlEye restrictions for me, but I can't keep bothering them. Is there a link that tells me exactly how to edit the scripts.txt file, or does someone have one that doesn't kick players when they are killed, or crash a helo... The latest ones I got were restrictions 181 and 33 when two guys were killed, I think by AI.

I posted a thorough explanation how BE works and how to adjust it a while ago in this thread ....

Ok, I read the post and it's kinda confusing to me. My scripts.txt has the first line commented out, so I assume line 34 is for restriction 33, line 171 is for restriction 170, etc? I think I downloaded my scripts.txt from the forums or maybe the dayzmod.com forums so maybe it doesn't have the standard 2 lines different that people talk about.

Anyway, does anyone have a scripts.txt that they've perfected, where players aren't being kicked for script restrictions related to this framework?

Sarge, I let the sever run with the debug on with a couple people to playing to see how high it got and it has surpassed 144 (up to 147). I also didn't have my server cleanup file correct before, which could have been my issue. Thanks for answering though =)

Edit: It's still continuing to rise, so I guess 144 isn't a max. Unless you can only have 144 active at 1 time?

Hey Sarge, still messing about with the configurations of the AI, but cant seem to get the heli patrols to work, if anyone can help me out, running Panthera at the moment, this is what i have for my grps file, maybe someone can point out the error, i have strained my eyes on this for awhile now lol, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• SAR_cfg_grps_Panthera.sqf
    5.3 KB · Views: 19
Sarge, I let the sever run with the debug on with a couple people to playing to see how high it got and it has surpassed 144 (up to 147). I also didn't have my server cleanup file correct before, which could have been my issue. Thanks for answering though =)

Edit: It's still continuing to rise, so I guess 144 isn't a max. Unless you can only have 144 active at 1 time?

yepp, it's 144 max groups active.

Hey Sarge, still messing about with the configurations of the AI, but cant seem to get the heli patrols to work, if anyone can help me out, running Panthera at the moment, this is what i have for my grps file, maybe someone can point out the error, i have strained my eyes on this for awhile now lol, any help would be greatly appreciated!

can you share your grid definition ?

About the lower- and uppercase issue.... Can't you just only fetch the worldname, set to lowercase and let the switch function follow then? Should be the easiest way, shouldn't it? And you think this would fix the 3 arguments given 2 expected?
And by the way, the helis shoot to people although there is that message. Don't test it by myself but a friend told he got shot by the heli.

tried your new config file.
Still get this:

Code:
9:01:38 "----------------------------------------"
9:01:38 "Starting SAR_AI server init"
9:01:38 "----------------------------------------"
9:01:38 "SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition Started"
9:01:38 "Setting up SAR_AI for : lingor"
9:01:38 "SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition finalized"
9:01:38 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
9:01:39 Error in expression <dWeapon _soldier_weapon_name;
_man2heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
9:01:39  Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[0]];
[_man>
9:01:39  Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
9:01:39 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.lingor\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 115
9:01:39 "SAR_DEBUG: static AI Heli patrol spawned in: SAR_patrol_pris"
9:01:39 Error in expression <dWeapon _soldier_weapon_name;
_man3heli action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
9:01:39  Error position: <action ["getInTurret", _heli,[1]];
[_man>
9:01:39  Error 3 elements provided, 2 expected
9:01:39 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.lingor\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 122
9:01:39 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols finished"
9:01:39 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for infantry patrols finished"

This is my config for the patrol:

Code:
_this = createMarker ["SAR_patrol_pris", [3500, 7860]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [1200, 1200];
SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison = _this;

Code:
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_prison,3] call SAR_AI_heli;

My Friends told me, Heli is there and is shooting. So it work, but still that message.

The Uppercase/Lowercase changes have fixed the heli spawns, so far all pattrols seem to be as I have configured looking good will update later if I notice any funny stuff.

lol awesome, sat watching a heli in my T72 when a bunch of ai jumped in my tank lol I have a commander and gunner now lmao. ha just seen 1 on a bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back