SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't get the new version to load correctly

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_define.hpp, line 32: .CfgIdentities: Member already defined.

If I remove the include for SAR_define from my description.ext it works without erroring, wanted to be sure all the fixes were in place still though so I don't hear AI radio. Have the installation steps changed or something?

I still can't get the new version to load correctly

If I remove theinclude for SAR_define from my description.ext it works without erroring, wanted to be sure all the fixes were in place still though so I don't hear AI radio. Have the installation steps changed or something?

i would guess you are running other mods that interfere ... what map and which mods are you running? Is any of these changing default identities / skins / faces ?

the error message means that the Class CfgIdentities has already been defined by another mod.

Love the mod, but have an issue.

My bandits don't seem to be spawning in with any ammo, but survivors and soldiers still do. I have changed the skins around and still no luck. Any idea what is wrong?

hey, i apologize haven't posted an update on testing, RL stuff came up. Though i must say very nice update Sarge, on some recent testings i have as well noticed coming back after you die in the same spot you originally logged in, doesn't happen all the time, but a friend runs a Takistan server says hes had the same issue without the AI package so it would be something in the new code probably on server_playerOnConnect maybe not sure.

onto the RPT and testing. For the AI behaviour i have noticed in my shootouts with them, they will engage, stop and crouch move back / rout and at this time they seem to want to do nothing but get 50+ meters away to begin firing again, at this time you can run upto them walk all around, easily kill-able until they can get that distance it seems to start shooting again, this was a bandit group,

i ahve also noticed, bandits have less flying skill it seems than the military (understandable), i was testing a heli patrol, first set military, these guys could navigate Panthera's mountains quite well, but they would not engage me even if i shot at them numerous times, they would just keep swooping over my locations while the others in the patrol were called in and all did the same, yet military infantry will shoot me. Anyway, so then switched them to bandits to see if i could get them attacking me and pretty much the same thing other than 3 out of 5 crashed within the first 5-10 minutes.

I did get to notice AI finally using a vehicle, MTVR none the less, quite bad ass looking with a military group in there, though looked like he was trying to figure out where to go. Onto AI hp while in Heli's, as well as Heli hp, these both seem to get a considerable boost, i was ripping into all 4 of them with a MK17 in the cockpit as they kept swooping in on me doing passovers but not shooting, but yet i could not shoot these guys out for the life of me, on another test i hopped into a Chinook turned the gun to 4000rpm, and let loose about 1000 bullets into one as it was jsut hovering, and it took it quite well, it went down over a hill out of sight but no explosion, the heli is set to UH1H_TK_EP1. Aswell heli patrols seem to break grid and track you after death, these again did not shoot but just circled and swooped. The engaging part i guess can be fixed by setting everything to East?

as for RPT im getting some entries like these, now not sure if they are related

HTML:
11:19:02 Server error: Player without identity
11:19:12 Old style material 204 used in ReportStack not available
11:19:12 Old style material 207 used in ReportStack not available
11:19:13 Old style material 201 used in ReportStack not available

11:20:11 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
11:20:11 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
dayz_anim

[HTML]11:20:47 "SAR_DEBUG: Triggered by (might be wrong): 1dcf3040# 310490: hilux1_civil_2_covered.p3d"

11:20:47 "WRITE: "["PASS"]""

11:20:50 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDfr.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 17)

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPercMrunSnonWnonDfr.InterpolateTo: Bad move

11:20:50 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDl.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 9)

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDl.InterpolateTo: Bad move

11:20:50 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDb.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 9)

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDb.InterpolateTo: Bad move

11:20:50 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDbr.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 9)

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDbr.InterpolateTo: Bad move

11:20:50 bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDfr.InterpolateTo: item count not multiple of 2 (is 11)

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AmovPpneMrunSnonWnonDfr.InterpolateTo: Bad move

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medicEnd

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic0S

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic0

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic1

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic2

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic3

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic3

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic4

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic5

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic4

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic5

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic0S

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic0

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic1

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.ConnectTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic2

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.InterpolateTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic0S

11:20:50  bin\config.bin/CfgMovesZombie/States/AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_medic.InterpolateTo: Bad move AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDr_medic0S

11:28:13 Client: Remote object 6:17 not found
11:28:14 Warning: Cleanup player - person 6:16 not found

i really do apologzie about the wall of text but ive been wanting to get on this thread and reply for the past few days, been up all night and its now 8:15am, trying to get a Air Raid siren to play on the airfield i have patrols at but everything ive tried wont work, if anyone can help me with that by chance that would be great! because ive tried adding as vehicle in mission with "Sound_Alarm2", as a sensor with "Sirene_EP1" and "AirAlarmSfx", also tried described it in descriptions with CfgSounds, with a custom sound i edited, but nothin.. off topic i know. So tired, headin to bed lol

Hi sabbath,

thx a lot for the great report, much appreciated!

lemme answer a couple of points:

a) rpt errors -> think none of them is based on my mod, the line about who triggered is a warning only, can be ignored.

b) infantry AI behaviour - sadly it's a well known fact that Arma AI are not efficient in close range.

c) flying skills / shooting at you from the heli -> heli AI is not one of the strongest parts of Arma. usually a heli tries to fly a head on attack on you - by that preventing the gunners at the sides shooting at you. If you want to improve the flying skills for certain classes, i recommend to use ASR_AI and finetune the skills in there.

d) helis engaging you - as soon as they hover above you, they identified you as an enemy - but, cause they are dumb, cant shoot you from right above you. They will fly away, and will shoot you randomly from a distance.

e) i saw helis breaking the grid limitation as well, not figured out yet why that is, in theory they are set to not follow an enemy out of their area.

Working on a new version 1.1.0 atm, try this one out when it is released!

Can I remove the Heli patroling ? This seems to cause lag and its a bit framy while they fly and its kind'of annoying for me and for players.

Probably make them patrol on car?

just comment out the heli patrols in your grps_cfg file. Getting them in cars raises a ton of issues - rubbish on the orad being ignored (cause not existing on the serverside), AI stopping for Zeds and animals, players stealing the car etc.

If i find some time i might look into it, but there's a lot of "Buts" ...

I changed around the weapons that the AI could spawn with, including some pistols. I just saw a group of 2 Survivor AI running around Cherno with pistols and they won't attack any zombies. Also, I changed the helicopter patrols to be suvivors/bandits instead of military and now they are nowhere to be found.

Hi Sarge,
I just want to say thank to you, youre framework work really well on my pwnoz0r/namalsk 1.7.6.1 server,
out of the box, it worked, just like that... ^^
i've just saw my first MI_17 battle at night, it was awesome! So thank you again for youre work, it bring more life to my dayz experience.
PS: sorry for my language and I precise that i am really allergic to script, code etc... but it work anyway, so thank you :)

Hey guys,

first of all the script is running excellent. But... i have some questions, maybe the where asked already then a hint/link would helpful.

1. Is is possible to configure a maximum of how many AI units will be spawned all over the map ? If yes, where can i do this. (I have 4 enemy helis flying around my copter... and thats way too much)

2. Is it possible to change the skill of the enemy units or will this taken from the default difficulty settings ? If yes, where can i do this. (Except the default settings)

3. If i´m wearing camo.... is it more difficult for enemy AI to spot me ? Or is this just a gimmick in combat against other players ?

Thanks in advance... really awesome job which gives a lot to any map.

// define the type of heli you want to use here for the heli patrols
SAR_heli_type="UH1H_DZ";

How to make this choose random from a list of more different types for helicopters?

e.g: SAR_heli_type= "UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","MH60S","Mi24_D","AH64D" but didnt work for me. Still only spawn UH1H_DZ but i would like variety or be able to set a specific heli type per partrol or static spawn

// define the type of heli you want to use here for the heli patrols
SAR_heli_type="UH1H_DZ";

How to make this choose random from a list of more different types for helicopters?

e.g: SAR_heli_type= ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","MH60S","Mi24_D","AH64D" but didnt work for me. Still only spawn UH1H_DZ but i would like variety or be able to set a specific heli type per partrol or static spawn

my guess (though no idea if it'd work) would be to have the array of heli's above that, and then the actual heli_type picks a random one from that array, as i'm assuming that line can only accept one heli_type.
so something like

heli_option[1] = ["UH1H_DZ"]
heli_option[2] = ["Mi17_DZ"]
heli_option[3] = ["MH60S"]

SAR_heli_type= heli_option[floor(random 3)]

as i said, can't confirm if this would work, someone who has worked in this sorting of scripting may be better suited, i was coming at it from a different angle. i'm sure you could try, if it broke anything just remove those lines again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back