SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the players on my server just picked up a radio off of one of the AI and asked if it could be used for anything. We all said no and then he brought up a pretty cool idea and asked me if it was possible. I wasn't sure so I figured I would ask here.

He wanted to know if it would be possible to add a script that allows a player to use a radio to call for AI reinforcements.

It would be possible. Problem is, the Radios shouldnt be there at all, i thougzt i removed em. need to recheck. Radios are non-allowed items in DAyz and might get you kicked by BE.

in SAR_AI_init.sqf look for this line and alter accordingly

// time after which dead AI bodies are deleted
SAR_DELETE_TIMEOUT = 120; // 2 minutes

Well, the problem is that it seems like the AI are disappearing MUCH faster than that. I haven't timed it, but by the time the fire fight is over, the bodies are gone and it's definately not 2 minutes.

Hey Sarge, keep up the good work! - Even though I'm not currently using the AI (Gotta work on making them how I like, and don't have the time atm) - I did do a few things for Celle. Here's my minor contribution for anyone who can put it to use. take note I made the grid 5x5 and I haven't really played around with this much. BUT the coordinates may be of use to someone.

Attachments

• SAR_cfg_grid_mbg_celle2.sqf
    1.1 KB · Views: 9
  • SAR_cfg_grps_mbg_celle2.sqf
    23.9 KB · Views: 8
Sooo...

AI working all good I think...

Player - "Friendly,friendly - I'm friendly!!!!!"
AI Bandit - "Your mine Bambi - bushes/walls/godmode cannot save you!!!"
Player - "Why you kill me man, I said I was friendly!!"
AI Bandit - "Next please!"

At least it keeps everyone entertained! :)

I have a problem with getting into vehicles. Quite simply after the server has restarted for a while it is impossible to get into helis etc. The option to get in disappears once someone gets into the pilot seat/back seat etc.

This happens with people of the same humanity as well.

Any ideas? Sarge?

Thanks in advance

Sooo...

AI working all good I think...

Player - "Friendly,friendly - I'm friendly!!!!!"
AI Bandit - "Your mine Bambi - bushes/walls/godmode cannot save you!!!"
Player - "Why you kill me man, I said I was friendly!!"
AI Bandit - "Next please!"

At least it keeps everyone entertained! :)

I have a problem with getting into vehicles. Quite simply after the server has restarted for a while it is impossible to get into helis etc. The option to get in disappears once someone gets into the pilot seat/back seat etc.

This happens with people of the same humanity as well.

Any ideas? Sarge?

Thanks in advance

Yepp, more than one idea. I think nobody else was able to solve this yet.

The issue is: If you are a bandit, to make sure Ai are shooting at you, your rating gets reduced to a low number. This leads to you becoming enemy to everyone (west/east /resistance/civ).

any vehicle that is spawned in Arma is being spawned as civ side. As soon as a player enters a vehicle, it switches sides to the players side.

Given that enemy is a side that is enemy to all, nobody else will be able to get into that vehicle afterwards.

I am lookin into some creative ways how to solve that, but it's not that straight forward, and most solutions have drawbacks. e.g. i could switch human bandits to the east side - which will result in bandits and survivors not being able to share a vehicle anymore ...

Hey Sarge, keep up the good work! - Even though I'm not currently using the AI (Gotta work on making them how I like, and don't have the time atm) - I did do a few things for Celle. Here's my minor contribution for anyone who can put it to use. take note I made the grid 5x5 and I haven't really played around with this much. BUT the coordinates may be of use to someone.

Thx a ton mate, will include this in the distribution!

@Sarge Thanks alot for the quick reply. Understand how this works now - :)

Cheers for all your hardwork & effort - much appreciated!

@Sarge

I love your AI Mod dude, it has really done wonders for my server, but I looked into adding ASR_AI to set the skills and improve functionality of the AI and I'm having a hard time getting it to work. Any way you can tell me how to configure it and where I need to put what?

yea i had been trying to get ASR_AI working for awhile, you need to upload it via FTP to your addons directory and put your newly edited settings file in the root Arma 2 directory on your server under "userconfig/asr_ai/asr_ai_settings.hpp" Unfortunately for me i host from Dayz.ST and after bit of folder swapping with Ersan, it was determined that in order for that addon to run, it would affect multiple servers on that node. so i had to scrap that idea, for now.. i could have missed something entirely.

another thing i have noticed Sarge, bodies of dead NPCs i have caught walking slowly in a straight lines, going through buildings while still being able to be looted and technically dead (just gotta keep catching up to them) wonder if anyone else has noticed this as well, it looked like massive desync, but it was only me on the server testing at the time.

Hey guys i installed it but how do i give them other weapons and other spawn points? i play chernarus i really want this AI because they are so much more clever than the normal simple ones

Sarge i really need your help, i installed it but how do i give them other weapons and other spawn points?

Hey guys i installed it but how do i give them other weapons and other spawn points? i play chernarus i really want this AI because they are so much more clever than the normal simple ones
To change the weapons the AI can spawn with open the SAR_AI_init.sqf which can be found in your mission folder\ADDONS\SARGE and find the following code and edit it to your preference.

Code:
// potential weapon list for leaders
SAR_leader_weapon_list = ["add weapon class names in quotes and separate by commas"];

//potential weapon list for riflemen
SAR_rifleman_weapon_list = ["add weapon class names in quotes and separate by commas"];

//potential weapon list for snipers
SAR_sniper_weapon_list = ["add weapon class names in quotes and separate by commas"];

To change which AI spawn where, go to your mission folder\ADDONS\SARGE\map_config and find SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf. Then find the following code.

Code:
 */
//
// grid definition for the automatic spawn system
//

// Kamenka, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 2 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,2],[75,0,100],[3,0,3]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

Keep in mind I only added one of the towns as an example. You will find all of them in that file and can edit them to your preference.

To change the weapons the AI can spawn with open the SAR_AI_init.sqf which can be found in your mission folder/ADDONS/SARGE and find the following code and edit it to your preference.

Code:
// potential weapon list for leaders
SAR_leader_weapon_list = ["add weapon class names in quotes and separate by commas"];

//potential weapon list for riflemen
SAR_rifleman_weapon_list = ["add weapon class names in quotes and separate by commas"];

//potential weapon list for snipers
SAR_sniper_weapon_list = ["add weapon class names in quotes and separate by commas"];

To change which AI spawn where, go to your mission folder/ADDONS/SARGE/map_config and find SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf. Then find the following code.

Code:
 */
//
// grid definition for the automatic spawn system
//

// Kamenka, 1 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 2 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[1,0,2],[75,0,100],[3,0,3]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

Keep in mind I only added one of the towns as an example. You will find all of them in that file and can edit them to your preference.

Do i delete my other SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf and normally for setting location you use [[8834.72,11857.4,0]] for example the gear part was easy and thanks for helping me

Do i delete my other SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf and normally for setting location you use [[8834.72,11857.4,0]] for example the gear part was easy and thanks for helping me

No you don't have to delete it. You can just edit the values to your preference. Also, keep in mind, this is just predefined AI spawns and simple value changes. I'm sure you could completely customize your AI spawn locations if you wanted to. However, I have not messed around with that yet. Hopefully Sarge or another knowledgeable scripter can assist you with that.

i might be able to ... :) server busier = server fps going down ?

Yeh something like that, the numbers on my server are not constant so some days its ok with 10 - 20 players but once it hits 30/35 I'm just waiting for the server to pop :)

And btw I just love it when the AIs steal helis ! :p

And yes if you can do that - that would be awesome!

i go to all city but i can't found AI what happen?
step 1 : extract SAR_AI-master.zip
step 2 : copy addons,example grid setups,Server_FSM,.gitattributes,.gitignore,description,init to dayz_1.chernarus
step 3 : run server and go to see them but not found them :(

what am I doing wrong? tell me :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back