SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody able to help? after 6 players have joined the server (max 50) everyone else who joins keep spawning as birds after I have enabled this mod

Cannot figure it out myself
Spawning as a bird is usually the 'degrade' function added by the Bohemia developers, which should turn pirated versions of the game into birds.

I am having the same issue, gave them custom skins and some rmod weapons and NONE of them are shooting, if i kill any it doesn't seem to bother them, i then loot the body and only basic gear and a primary weapon.......no ammo.

Would really like to know how to fix this. BTW everything else seems to work great, all spawns seem to work. Just this one issue.

Perhaps check your .rpt files for any unusual errors, and also make sure that they are given the correct ammonition for the weapon they have been given. The script figures out the magazine type through:
Code:
_magazintype = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "magazines") select 0;
So this is where you probably have to costumize it for your weapons' magazines.

Spawning as a bird is usually the 'degrade' function added by the Bohemia developers, which should turn pirated versions of the game into birds.

Yeah i've read that else where but my game is not pirated. I have it purchased through steam and all the addons.

Only started since I installed at AI mod. I am perhaps thinking the AI are taking the placeholders for the players and they are now spawning as seaguls because there are no player slots left? :S

I'm being told that even though I have despawn time set to 2 minutes, the AI are despawning after dying in seconds, not minutes.
In the SAR_AI_init.sqf file, you adjust the settings in seconds. Try posting your version of the file, or just compare it to this:
Code:
// time after which units and groups despawn after players have left the area
SAR_DESPAWN_TIMEOUT = 120; // 2 minutes

// time after which dead AI bodies are deleted
SAR_DELETE_TIMEOUT = 120; // 2 minutes

Yeah i've read that else where but my game is not pirated. I have it purchased through steam and all the addons.

Only started since I installed at AI mod. I am perhaps thinking the AI are taking the placeholders for the players and they are now spawning as seaguls because there are no player slots left? :S
Well that would require 44 spawned AI's which is highly unlikely. Try disabling the AI's and see if the problem still occurs, also you could always try reinstalling.

is there a way to hide the markers on the map? Seems to be a rather obvious indicator to where players are

There might be a potential reason for this.

I spent the last week figuring out how the hell to get the "travelling in the same vehicle" issue sorted. by doing this, i digged pretty deep in Rockets code.

What you COULD potentially see there is that the game is running out of available west groups.

Every player in the game has an associated west group of his own, and EVERY survivor or soldier group you spawn in with my framework uses a west group as well. The hardcoded limit in the game is 144 groups/side. If you reach this limit, new groups are created as nulgroups = no groups. This could lead to the seagull behaviour eventually.

Try reducing the number of west (= soldier and survivor) groups that you spawn in, and see if the issue is still there. if yes, it's root cause is somewhere else to be found, not in my framework.

Atm i am severly considering rewriting the whole AI to use agents (no groups needed for them, but every single move/target / attack has to be manually coded) instead of normal units that i group.

Thats what Rocket did for the Zeds, and he had the same reason - max 144 groups hardcoded limit.

For the pending release i will not have that one in, i will instead put a validation & limitation to the number of west groups you can spawn in, so that release can finally go out.

There might be a potential reason for this.

I spent the last week figuring out how the hell to get the "travelling in the same vehicle" issue sorted. by doing this, i digged pretty deep in Rockets code.

What you COULD potentially see there is that the game is running out of available west groups.

Every player in the game has an associated west group of his own, and EVERY survivor or soldier group you spawn in with my framework uses a west group as well. The hardcoded limit in the game is 144 groups/side. If you reach this limit, new groups are created as nulgroups = no groups. This could lead to the seagull behaviour eventually.

Try reducing the number of west (= soldier and survivor) groups that you spawn in, and see if the issue is still there. if yes, it's root cause is somewhere else to be found, not in my framework.

Atm i am severly considering rewriting the whole AI to use agents (no groups needed for them, but every single move/target / attack has to be manually coded) instead of normal units that i group.

Thats what Rocket did for the Zeds, and he had the same reason - max 144 groups hardcoded limit.

For the pending release i will not have that one in, i will instead put a validation & limitation to the number of west groups you can spawn in, so that release can finally go out.

I have halved the spawn chances of the AI to see if that kerbs it. strange thing is after a reboot it never happened with 17 players online. AI halved anyway as the default seemed a bit to much.

In your SAR_AI_init.sqf, add the following:
Code:
KRON_UPS_Debug = 0;
Thanks for that!

Perhaps check your .rpt files for any unusual errors, and also make sure that they are given the correct ammonition for the weapon they have been given. The script figures out the magazine type through:
Code:
_magazintype = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "magazines") select 0;
So this is where you probably have to costumize it for your weapons' magazines.

Anyway someone could tell me how i would change this to allow or give them the other ammo?

Anyway someone could tell me how i would change this to allow or give them the other ammo?

Well, seems we have an rmod issue here. i am retrieving the ammo magazine from the cfg files - and these are plain DayZ. Don't have the time to dig into how rmod works and works around the Dayz restrictions ...

What i might include is that you can define your own magazintype per weapon, by this overwriting the above logic.

If you want to change it, its not that straight forward tbh. The above codeline selects ammo for all spawned units and wapons, so as long as you dont want everyone with the same weapon, theres no easy way to change that.

Will look into that later.

SRY Sarge, didn't see your post before i asked that question.......thanks for that info.

any chance you might be looking into letting us define our magazine type anytime soon?

Hi guys, been battling with this for a while now, seems to install fine, i've fixed the killed a hacker messages, but everyone gets kicked with battle eye restriction #8 , scripts.txt has this as line 8...

1 addSwitchableUnit !"\"addSwitchableUnit\"," !"addSwitchableUnit _newUnit;" !"addSwitchableUnit dayz_originalPlayer;"
5 addWaypoint !"\"addWaypoint\","

and line 9 is the waypoint line.. any ideas? :|

Thanks

Is there a way to perhaps increase the skill level / aggression of the AI? They spend more time ducking for cover when they should be returning fire

Hi guys, been battling with this for a while now, seems to install fine, i've fixed the killed a hacker messages, but everyone gets kicked with battle eye restriction #8 , scripts.txt has this as line 8...

1 addSwitchableUnit !"\"addSwitchableUnit\"," !"addSwitchableUnit _newUnit;" !"addSwitchableUnit dayz_originalPlayer;"
5 addWaypoint !"\"addWaypoint\","

and line 9 is the waypoint line.. any ideas? :|

Thanks
Your problem is in line 10, you have to add 2 to the restriction number to find the correct line.

Hi,

Firstly, love the mod, seems to work really well!

However, I have a slight problem now in that my sole map running the Sarge Mod has no vehicles showing up. They are in the database in Instance_Vehicle, and I can see them displayed on the DayZ Control Center map, but when I teleport to the co-ordinats, theres nothing there.

Interestingly, the AI heli's spawn fine and fly off as they should, but no other vehicles are displaying....

Any ideas?

Thanks,
M

In the SAR_AI_init.sqf file, you adjust the settings in seconds. Try posting your version of the file, or just compare it to this:
Code:
// time after which units and groups despawn after players have left the area
SAR_DESPAWN_TIMEOUT = 120; // 2 minutes

// time after which dead AI bodies are deleted
SAR_DELETE_TIMEOUT = 120; // 2 minutes

As I said, it's set to 2 minutes.

Awesome mod! Is there anyway to keep AI from stealing vehicles? They seem to be raiding camps stealing cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back