SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies, Sarge, i assume you mean this section..

Code:
// Example: [SAR_area_DEBUG,1,0,1,""] call SAR_AI;
//
// SAR_area_DEBUG = areaname (must have been defined further up)
// 1 = type of group (1 = soldiers, 2 = survivors, 3 = bandits)
// 0 = amount of snipers in the group
// 1 = amount of rifleman in the group

if so, i also assume worldspace goes in the "" ? also i dont understand where to define the area name ? say i want SAR_area_safezone where is that defined ?

Sarge RE static patrols, i tried this in the grps file, assuming this IS how it's meant to be done..

// SAR Admin Base Patrol
_this = createMarker ["SAR_area_admin", [4525.3335, 10292.299]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [200, 200];
_this setMarkerDir 120.050;
SAR_area_admin = _this;

then called it below

// add here if needed
//Admin base patrol
[SAR_area_admin,1,2,8,""] call SAR_AI;

.rpt says it spawned in, but no sign of the AI, not even a green marker on the map, have i got this a bit wrong maybe? :|

Great stuff man.
Any easy way step-by-step to make "AI soldiers" attack all players instead of only bandits?
shoot at them :)

No, serious, if you want that, just spawn in bandit groups only, and put all the soldier skins into the bandits config.

Hey sarge how come no ai's spawn on my server. Im pretty sure i did everything right
Well, if you want people to help, i would suggest to supply a bit more information ...

Otherwise this question reads like: Doctor i am not feeling well, what do i have ?

What file do I have to edit to stop AI from stealing vehicles and looting vehicles/tents for ammo?

The UPSMON_init file in the addons/UPSMON directory. change the value for KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist to sth around 3000.

In my new version you can configure it directly in the SAR AI config file.

Release UPDATE:

OK i hopefully fixed the last remaining bugs (one last issue outstanding though)

I will release a version 1.1.0 this evening when i am back home.

Changelog:

- Moved all the SAR AI configurations into a single cfg file for easier editing
- Static and dynamic groups can respawn (configurable), weapon and item loadouts are applied
- Items and Tools loadout for every single AI class
- Health of units can be adjusted - get that nearly undestroyable bandit
- Med action added to leaders
- different actions for groups (patrol, ambush, fortify)
- implemented skill system
- included many more configuration options

- FIXED the enemies travelling in the same vehicle issue (that was a badass!)

- included a monitor to check for number of groups and warn if too many AI have been spawned
- dynamic spawning can be enabled/disabled
- use of UPSMON can be enabled/disabled
- groups stealing vehicles can be enabled/disabled

- rewrote the reammo and refuel scripts
- fixed the AI talking in sidechat when being shot at

What will need to wait (but is on my list)

- usage of rarely found Radios for certain things
- add more random actions to roaming AI
- safe zones
- helijumping soldier AI
- call in med heli via radio for evacuation
- random requests via radio to hunt down a "public enemy"
- might need to check if the "vehicles can not be entered after AI used them" still exist
- AI as information carriers - they will tell you when asked if they saw players and what kind of in the last x minutes

this release WILL have bugs, but i wanted to get it out to you finally.

The format of the static groups call has changed, you will need to adjust your map cfg files. (should be a matter of minutes)

Code:
_grp = [SAR_marker_DEBUG1,1,0,2,"patrol",false] call SAR_AI;

New format:

name_of_the_marker, _type_of_group,_number_of_snipers ,_number_of_riflemen, _action, _respawn

You will need to adjust the server_cleanup.fsm in a second place (you already adjusted it for hackers, you will need to adjust it for empty groups)

i RECOMMEND to start with a full install of the new release, and then copy your old mapgrid and groupcfg files over and adjust them where needed.

You MUST exchange the UPSMON folder with the new one, i needed to rewrite parts of UPSMON for some functionalities

cu later this eve

Sarge

I am really close to getting your current version AI script setup, should I wait for the new or will the current be stable enough to play with first ?

How do I set all heli patrols to be bandits ? I like my players to feel the danger everywhere they go. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

I am really close to getting your current version AI script setup, should I wait for the new or will the current be stable enough to play with first ?

How do I set all heli patrols to be bandits ? I like my players to feel the danger everywhere they go. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Hi,
To set heli patrols to bandits, go into your mission folder\addons\SARGE\map_config\SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf or which ever map you want to edit. Changing the number 1 to a 3 will set from soldiers to bandits.

// Heli patrol south coast
[SAR_marker_helipatrol_southcoast,1] call SAR_AI_heli;

1,2,3 = soldier, survivors, bandits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back