Scripts Working 1.7.7

Here's what I have working:

Admin Tools (customized to what I want) without debug menus

Just spent an hour trying to get this to work and just says "requesting authentication" for 3 mins then i get a blank screen but can change chat channel and show players but thats it.

What differences did you do to make it work?

Thanks
Jp

Could you tell me how you got Animated Helis working? I left the original loot for it in there with the Scars and what not. My report log shows no crash sites are spawning what so ever. I literally just ported it over to 1.7.7 from my 1.7.6.1 code.

Could you give me your spawnCrashsite.sqf file and show me what you have in your servermonitor sqf for crash sites?

Yeah, I will post it tonight. My spawn Crash is exactly the same as it was in 1.7.6.1. I changed the _nul exec line to what was in 1.7.6.1 as well getting rid of those other variables like spawn at start. and such.

Just spent an hour trying to get this to work and just says "requesting authentication" for 3 mins then i get a blank screen but can change chat channel and show players but thats it.

What differences did you do to make it work?

Thanks
Jp

Mine is pretty modified from the original version to get rid of a lot of the scripts I found not useful or buggy and add some stuff I wanted. I don't use any of the vehicle repair/most of the shields/skins/vehicles and lightened the options in the ESP/added flying and some other stuff lol.

I left my player monitor alone, I did not use 1.7.6.1's version of it and left the original code to get it running.

I am using the Sarge fix for vehicles, but changed the variable from Sarge to another word as one of the fixes allows players to steal the Sarge AI choppers and vehicles so they don't respawn.

The debug menu BS is completely gutted out of mine.

I notice the requesting authentication issue pops up for the people that enter the server first and they have to abort and then log back into the server. After the server gets running past the continue screen, this issue resolves itself.

Could you tell me how you got Animated Helis working? I left the original loot for it in there with the Scars and what not. My report log shows no crash sites are spawning what so ever. I literally just ported it over to 1.7.7 from my 1.7.6.1 code.

Could you give me your spawnCrashsite.sqf file and show me what you have in your servermonitor sqf for crash sites?

Ok here is my heli crash file, the loot table needs to be redone because I just hastily replaced the scars and as50 in it.

http://pastebin.com/jpkLiYct

The sarge fix is still as is, I am also using the crater cleanup and it's the exact same.

Here is my server monitor change because the variables on the new version screw up when used with the old animated file:

Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
    nul = [3, 4, (30 * 60), (10 * 60), 0.90, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

Known bugs: Currently does NOT work with the new 1.7.7/103718! We are working on resolving the situation and should have an update by this weekend. Thank you for your patience!

this is from the install instructions for that mod.

Works on mine, players can use it no issues (using 103419)

Krixes self bloodbag WORKS just fine, 100%.

The thing is, with most of these scripts the base files they modify have changed. With self bloodbag, the fn_playerselfactions.sqf it provides is from the older version (1.7.6.1).

What I did to fix it: Extract dayz_code.pbo from your dayz install directory and find fn_SelfActions.sqf. Copy that over to your mission file where Krixes' tutorial tells you to put it. Then modify it with the code provided in the tutorial.

I got admin tools working by just not modifying the player monitor portion in my init.sqf. I haven't tried but I bet it only affects the player spectator part of the script. Spawning weapons, teleporting, etc. all work just fine.

So it seems most scripts aren't broken, just their tutorials. It'll take a little extra work but most things will still work fine I'm guessing.

Both working on my server.. Not a big deal or nothing

BTW, before you post, do your research.

Maybe if you understood that being an administrator of a server and being a 14 year old kid with the ability to read are different would you be able to deduce WHY some scripts work whereas others do not.

source: It took me 5 minutes to understand that dayzTotalZedcheck had changed in player monitor.sqf without going to playermonitor.sqf to realize it had changed, it was the obvious understanding if you had taken the time to read up on the posts related to the scripts you were installing, rather than spoon feeding yourself the truths you self acknowledged

Furthermore, I don't give one shit about anyone who has an opinion against this, Being an admin of a dayz server at t his time in history requires more than a middle school education, it requires the ability to UNDERSTAND FILE STRUCTURE.

Again. Not a big deal, and again, I do not and WILL not care about the posts that rival what i have to think on it.

Proof? I did not capitalize the last "i" in my sentence. Eat me.

Nextasy-

Got admin tools fully working as well as the teleport to work.
Im using the no debug version.

1. Download and install as normal
2. replace the 'player_monitor.fsm' with the one Ive supplied into the 'admintools' folder
3. disable antihack.sqf in your mission init file with //

new file: http://sdrv.ms/11Bg0pq
admin tools: https://github.com/BluePhoenix175/DayZ-Admin-Tools-

Hi there, can you tell me exactly how to do step 3 plz m8.
i have it working, but whenever I teleport it flicks me back to the original position

Many thanks

Robbie

Back