"Server menu" script for DayZ. Interested?

Check the error:

rToj8Nq.png

And check your fn_selfactions.sqf script:

WtOyR4b.png

So you are trying to removeaction an item that does not exist. I am not sure exactly what the solution would be here. Those actions s_player_servermenu1 etc are added by "custom\IT_Modules\menuLauncher.sqf" script.
So ... maybe replace this code with whats pasted below it.
player removeAction s_player_servermenu1;
player removeAction s_player_servermenu2;
player removeAction s_player_servermenu3;
player removeAction s_player_servermenu4;
player removeAction s_player_servermenuCancel;

Code:
if (s_player_servermenu1) then {player removeAction s_player_servermenu1;};
if (s_player_servermenu2) then {player removeAction s_player_servermenu2;};
if (s_player_servermenu3) then {player removeAction s_player_servermenu3;};
if (s_player_servermenu4) then {player removeAction s_player_servermenu4;};
if (s_player_servermenuCancel) then {player removeAction s_player_servermenuCancel;};

Hey mate, nice script =)

I would like to change the following......

Code:
// Displays server rules

// WARNING!! If you want to change the amount of rules you have to know what you are doing.

_rule1 = format["RULE #1"];
_rule1sub = format["Rule here"];

To something like this?

Code:
_rule1 = format["#1 Trader/Safe Zone Rules"];
_rule1sub = format["No Safe Zone/Trader Zone Camping<br/>The next rule<br/>And another one<br/>And so forth<br/>About Trader/Safe Zone Rules"];

Is how you do it, to make it look like below =)
(Just need to add spaces here and there, I also made the text smaller)

#1 Trader/Safe Zone Rules
No Safe Zone/Trader Zone Camping.
The next rule.
And another one.
And so forth.
About Trader/Safe Zone Rules.

RULE #2
Rule here

I hope this make sense?

Last edited:
First of all, what you are asking about is not related to this forum post. You are looking at the 'rules.sqf' in the dayz mission folder, correct? That being said:
I don't know if you can do what you want. I would think so. Try using this ...
_rule1 = format["#1 Trader/Safe Zone Rules"];
_ruletext = parseText "First line<br/>Second line<br/>Third Line";
_rule1sub = _ruletext;

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/parseText
With parsetext you can edit color, size etc.

First of all, what you are asking about is not related to this forum post. You are looking at the 'rules.sqf' in the dayz mission folder, correct? That being said:

Ever felt like reaching through the screen to give someone a slap?
I feel like that right now :p

That would break the the OP's script <-- by the way ShootingBlanks you should go and have a read/download of it :p

BTW: I got it working how I want it =)

what you said made no sense. If you are not asking a question about the server menu script, but instead want a different script you start a new post.
I have read/downloaded/installed it for people. What you want had nothing to do with this script so you should make a new topic.
and here is YOUR slap

What the fuck is your problem?

I will make this simple!
What I was asking had everything to do with this script.

Its all good now that I have worked it out and edited my first post to show how I fixed it.
Now stop telling people to go make there own posts!

Now go back and and have a look at the OP! The file I am talking about is
DayZ_Server_Menu_by_IT07_v2.0.2_StableRelease\IT_Modules\item_rules.sqf

Then I apologize. I had firgotten it had info code like that, everyone deletes that part as useless. You have to admit that few lines of code you posted is identical to the server rules included in the init.sqf file which is what caused confusion.
I had made a help dialog that can span pages and include images which is brought up with a single keypress which imho is more useful. Those scroll menus just add too much to the menu list.
Btw .. dont forget to take your meds.

Its all good mate. =)

How to I make the text on screen fit into a bigger box like on Y axis?

,safezoneX+0.3,safezoneY+0.1,35,0.1,0,3034] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;

I have worked out what these all do
x - offest to the right
y - offset from the top
35 - is time on screen
0.1 - is fade in time
0 - scroll speed
3034 no mater what value I chnage these to makes no difference!

I want more text down the screen?

There is a center to the screen that is 4x3 and is called the Safezone. SafezoneX and Safezoney are its width and height are are from 0 to 1.
something like this might work to give you a large section in the middle of the screen.
x=0
y=0
w=1
h=1
KillzoneKid explains it best and its still confusing
http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-gui-part-3/

This is what I do as a cheat. I have stra_gui installed http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13538 and I use it to create a text box, drag and resize it to where I want the box to be displayed. Press Control-Shift-S and it copies the safezone location settings to your clipboard. Just paste it and then copy the locations to your project.

Here are some samples, an image and then the location output. The red box is the location of the resource, the grid is just for reference. So I don't always use the stra_gui to create the resource but I ALWAYS use it to find the location of where I want to put the resource just as I said above. put in a box, ctrl-shift-s then paste and it pastes the code I have shown you below each picture.
Center of the screen
m2VGXpj.png

class RscText_1000: RscText
{
idc = 1000;
x = 0.237679 * safezoneW + safezoneX;
y = 0.154222 * safezoneH + safezoneY;
w = 0.517699 * safezoneW;
h = 0.695493 * safezoneH;
};

Slightly smaller box on the upper left
PQb759L.png

class RscText_1000: RscText
{
idc = 1000;
x = 0.00596237 * safezoneW + safezoneX;
y = 0.0117666 * safezoneH + safezoneY;
w = 0.465235 * safezoneW;
h = 0.528432 * safezoneH;
colorBackground[] = {1,0,0,1};
};

The link is broken for me but I would love this. Does anyone have the files for this? Or know of any other scripts like this? I've seen a few with rule menus but I would like a few more for things like a FAQ and what certain mods do and how to go about using the mods.

thats because its in the resources section at the top of the page
http://opendayz.net/resources/help-dialog-1-0.3/

someone had commented that installing it wasnt very well documented and I guess they are correct about that. I was going to update the files and include actual install instructions but .. working instead.

if you have any trouble, let me know and I will help you out. Or if you want something customized .. it would give me an excuse to work on it again

BTW, this is included in sheeps epoch repack if you are doing epoch or overpoch.

thats because its in the resources section at the top of the page
http://opendayz.net/resources/help-dialog-1-0.3/

someone had commented that installing it wasnt very well documented and I guess they are correct about that. I was going to update the files and include actual install instructions but .. working instead.

if you have any trouble, let me know and I will help you out. Or if you want something customized .. it would give me an excuse to work on it again

BTW, this is included in sheeps epoch repack if you are doing epoch or overpoch.

Oh It is? I didn't see it when I looked through the repack files. I'll have another look. Thanks!

well... now i can download them from the ressources, strange :/

Thanks Blanks, but now i got this thing :D

Back