Short nights, long dayz

Zeehond23

Valued Member!
Hi,

I would like to edit my mission so the server has short nights (i.e 4 hours or so) and long dayz (haha see what I did there!?)

I edited the variables.sqf to:
Code:
//DayZ settings
dayz_dawn = 3; //6
dayz_dusk = 23; //18

however, it's 5:36 AM on the server atm, and still pitch dark.

How would I go about making this server time day night cycle do what I want?

Did you find a fix yet? We are trying the same thing on our server. We do 4 hour restarts and would like to have something like 4 hour daylight and 2 hour night time cycles. If that isnt possible then 18 hour days and 4 hour nights.

Hi,

I would like to edit my mission so the server has short nights (i.e 4 hours or so) and long dayz (haha see what I did there!?)

I edited the variables.sqf to:
Code:
//DayZ settings
dayz_dawn = 3; //6
dayz_dusk = 23; //18

however, it's 5:36 AM on the server atm, and still pitch dark.

How would I go about making this server time day night cycle do what I want?
That won't work, you need to edit the time in your server monitor and server cleanup

Then change the option that says 'daylight lock' to short day and adjust it with the restart time. With short day your server will always start at 4pm

ye, that doesn't really do what I want. It gives me about 30 minutes of (diminishing) daylight and then 2.5 hours dark.

Set the date to 6/20/2012 summer solstice. Thats hat I id. It will give you the longest hours of daylight. Then Iset the UTC to -9 so even though my server runs on a regular 24 hour clock and doesnt revert time on restart theres only a total of like 4 hours or so of total darkness in a 24 hour period.

Would there be a way that I could, having server restarts every 4 hours, have a very short period of darkness before the restart, say 30 minutes?

Setting your date code as close to the summer solstice as possible while maintaining your desired amount of moon phase will give you the longest possible daylight in any chosen restart cycle. The 4pm start time was chosen based on feedback from our customers on what they wanted, if there is enough demand we may possibly change this time or add addition options.

allan, maybe you can help me then. I changed the date to summer solstice. This is what happens when the server starts:

35l55qa.jpg

that's not even close to midday, that's dusk :(

Back