[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

Nice... i just have a couple questions really quick... would you know how to fix then error message when loading in No entry bin/Cfg Weapons and how hard is this on the server cause it almost seems the server is lagging more and last one :p it seems that about 5 minutes into the mission AI's will run off the marker i had 1 run about 700 meters away from the mission itself

I found the error and corrected it. You can download the new DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf on the Github.
https://github.com/SMVampire/DZMS-DayZMissionSystem

I believe I have corrected the AI leaving the mission. Now they stay much closer to the mission as they should have, and the logic is better, making their behavior more predictable when modifying it.

Everyone should download a new copy of DZMSAISpawn.sqf.

If I already have the Chermo Mission System setup on my server and I dont know how to remove it to install this can they both be run side by side Vampire? I took over the server from the former owner and wasnt around when he set up the mission system.

I like this because what I do now once a month is go into the code for the minor and major missions and the weapon crates and change everything by hand. It takes over a hour and sometimes I make mistakes. This is nice if it automates that and makes the weapons the A.I. carry and the the weapons in the crates random. I would like to start using this in conjunction with my in place mission system and when/if it proves better remove the old old entirely.

So i guess I want to know can i run both at the same time. Thanks for the add.

vampire i did notice an odd thing one of the missions involving a hunting party had spawned over water there was no error in the rpt but i thought you should know its the only mission i have seen do that.

yes sure 2 mins pls

You have some MAJOR errors in your RPT. It's a wonder that anything on your server is working.
Code:
5:13:52 "HIVE: Starting"
5:13:52 "HIVE: trying to get objects"
5:13:52 Error in expression <ction problem... HiveExt response:"+str(_hiveResponse));
_hiveResponse = ["",0];>
5:13:52   Error position: <_hiveResponse));
_hiveResponse = ["",0];>
5:13:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _hiveresponse
5:13:52 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 38

That error would lead me to believe you have nothing even saving to the database.
Open a help thread somewhere and get the errors fixed, then come back if you have issues with DZMS.

If I already have the Chermo Mission System setup on my server and I dont know how to remove it to install this can they both be run side by side Vampire? I took over the server from the former owner and wasnt around when he set up the mission system.

I like this because what I do now once a month is go into the code for the minor and major missions and the weapon crates and change everything by hand. It takes over a hour and sometimes I make mistakes. This is nice if it automates that and makes the weapons the A.I. carry and the the weapons in the crates random. I would like to start using this in conjunction with my in place mission system and when/if it proves better remove the old old entirely.

So i guess I want to know can i run both at the same time. Thanks for the add.

DZMS is completely fluid in the code, as in it keeps everything to itself. It's made to work with any mod, as long as it doesn't mess with relations. It should run fine with any other mission system, and any AI system.

The older mission systems are easy enough to remove.

Just open your server_functions.sqf, and remove these lines.
Code:
fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf";
Code:
//----------InitMissions--------//
MissionGo = 0;
MissionGoMinor = 0;
if (isServer) then {
SMarray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\major\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts major mission system
SMarray2 = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\minor\SMfinder.sqf"; //Starts minor mission system
};
//---------EndInitMissions------//

Then if you have the addmarkers in your mission.pbo, remove them and remove the call from your init.sqf to them.
Also remove faction.sqf from the init and your mission.pbo if you had it.

Just take a backup of your PBO's before trying and you should be fine.

vampire i did notice an odd thing one of the missions involving a hunting party had spawned over water there was no error in the rpt but i thought you should know its the only mission i have seen do that.

This will happen occasionally but it should be very very rare. The function has spawning over water disabled, so I can't do much else.
If the mission was half on and half off, that's understandable as the location chosen could have been the direct waters edge.

Back