[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

This will happen occasionally but it should be very very rare. The function has spawning over water disabled, so I can't do much else.
If the mission was half on and half off, that's understandable as the location chosen could have been the direct waters edge.

ok well this was completely over water probably 200 meters or better off shore and it was the only mission i have seen do it as i stated but if its as rare as you say it will be then i can live with that but other than that one issue this is by far the best and smoothest running mission system i have tried so thank you vampire for the amazing work.

ok well this was completely over water probably 200 meters or better off shore and it was the only mission i have seen do it as i stated but if its as rare as you say it will be then i can live with that but other than that one issue this is by far the best and smoothest running mission system i have tried so thank you vampire for the amazing work.

In that case I'll add a check in there if the mission is over water. The findSafePos should be doing it by default, but just as extra error checking.

ok got them working but how long between missions before next 1 starts

The mission times are adjustable in DZMSConfig.sqf. It tells you what the default times are.

ok let me know when you have it updated like i said this is the most amazing mission system i have tried to date.
I just updated DZMSFunctions.sqf with the additional error checking. The code will now check if the position is over water before allowing it as a valid position.

Very clean how you wrote all this out. Makes it VERY easy to see what you can or need to edit. Great job bro.

thanks for the very quick update vampire i will test it if i have any other issues i will certainly let you know.

I appreciate it, just trying to make sure I don't have any code errors for the initial release before I begin expanding on it.
Thanks for beta testing it for me.

Very clean how you wrote all this out. Makes it VERY easy to see what you can or need to edit. Great job bro.

I'm glad you like it. I'm hoping it becomes the standard base for mission systems from now on. Thanks for testing it.

no problem vamp it has been my pleasure testing it for you and i look forward to anything you may be releasing in the future it is truly amazing work.

Added this to my server, players seem to love it, added a few more weapons etc. Have you any extra missions for it as im interested in adding to the ones already there - would love a mission where the bandits would take over a town etc

Where is this free for fall switch that I can flip so A.I. attack one another?

In my version of DZAI:
Code:
//Enable or disable "Free For All" mode. If FFA mode is enabled, all AI groups will be hostile to each other. (default: false)
//WARNING: This option will affect ALL AI spawned, including those spawned from other addons that include AI. Not recommended to enable if using other addons with AI.
DZAI_freeForAll = false;

However this will cause all DZAI to spawn on the Resistance side, and be hostile to East, and the mission AI spawn on the East side. This means DZAI will attack my Mission AI if its enabled. This includes helicopter patrols.

Added this to my server, players seem to love it, added a few more weapons etc. Have you any extra missions for it as im interested in adding to the ones already there - would love a mission where the bandits would take over a town etc

Glad your players like it. I don't have any extra missions, but I do plan to add many more. Currently i'm just trying to make sure I have the base code working correctly before releasing it before I start adding new missions to it. I could for example add a mission where the AI take over a town, but I would need to make that its own function, because I would need to define spawn points per town. I doubt i'd do that however as I want DZMS to work for any map.

The future plans are to have more basic missions, and then have at least another few missions that will automatically run based on whether or not you are running Epoch, which would be building supplies.

Missions now have named markers in the newest update.
All the mission files, the addmarker scripts, and the marker loop file were updated to do this.

Also, does anyone have crates dissapearing? I think the cleanup is still getting them for some reason.

I was going to ask the extra mission question also. I have a guy I work with who said that you can create a mission something like this.

"Intercept bandit weapons truck before it reaches base."

So their would be a URAL druven by A.I starting at a random location that would drive to another location on the map. If it reached the location it would despawn. If attacked x number of A.I. ould jump out and engage the threat. Once the threat was destroyed they would keep driving again.
I know something like this would be one of the biggest hits ever on my server. I just would question the A.I.s path finding ability because I still have the Overwatch trash on my roads.

Can this be done and how?

I was going to ask the extra mission question also. I have a guy I work with who said that you can create a mission something like this.

"Intercept bandit weapons truck before it reaches base."

So their would be a URAL druven by A.I starting at a random location that would drive to another location on the map. If it reached the location it would despawn. If attacked x number of A.I. ould jump out and engage the threat. Once the threat was destroyed they would keep driving again.
I know something like this would be one of the biggest hits ever on my server. I just would question the A.I.s path finding ability because I still have the Overwatch trash on my roads.

Can this be done and how?

AI are HORRIBLE drivers. Because of this, I don't intend to do any "mobile" missions because the number of obstacles to make it happen is pretty enormous.

I am going to start working on some pretty unique missions after the initial release.

I have modified the saving to database to check if the object is null or dead before saving it.
I upped the AI count on some missions that felt they needed it.
I also added code to prepare for doing epoch specific missions.
I redid the code for the AI "RunOver" option. I don't think the original code would have worked.
I also added additional crate protection for it being cleaned up, cause Arma logics.

Barring any more bugs I think I'll release it later today.

Reactions: Fox
Great job man. I know you have gotten praise on this thread butI think more is due.
The Chernaus mission system isnt bad but this is easier to configure. I like how the crates can be random based off how many weapons you have in it to choose from.
What i do like about the first mission system is the ability to go into it and hard code what the indiviudal A.I carried as primary and secondary weapons. but in all other aspects this blows that away EASILY.

Great job man. I know you have gotten praise on this thread butI think more is due.
The Chernaus mission system isnt bad but this is easier to configure. I like how the crates can be random based off how many weapons you have in it to choose from.
What i do like about the first mission system is the ability to go into it and hard code what the indiviudal A.I carried as primary and secondary weapons. but in all other aspects this blows that away EASILY.

I could change the code to allow the use of custom arrays so you can make your own missions with AI who have custom loadouts, but I don't know how useful that will be.

Back