[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

Missions now have named markers in the newest update.
All the mission files, the addmarker scripts, and the marker loop file were updated to do this.

Also, does anyone have crates dissapearing? I think the cleanup is still getting them for some reason.

mine was, but i just changed the ammocrate loot to permanent in the cleanup sql and it stays.

great job by the way.
I think the older script was causing many bugs and lag over time on my server. New script seems to work much better :D
thanks for making it.

I noticed you mentioned the FFA mode. Is there a way to make them attack zombies? We used to be able to do this with older AI scripts.

mine was, but i just changed the ammocrate loot to permanent in the cleanup sql and it stays.

great job by the way.
I think the older script was causing many bugs and lag over time on my server. New script seems to work much better :D
thanks for making it.

I noticed you mentioned the FFA mode. Is there a way to make them attack zombies? We used to be able to do this with older AI scripts.

DZMS uses the AI system you have installed for its relations. If you have SargeAI, DZAI, or WickedAI installed then you need to set them to attack zombies, and DZMS AI will do the same. SargeAI and DZAI both have settings for this, but WAI doesn't have the AI attack zombies, or have an option for it.

If you don't have any of those 3 AI systems installed, then by default DZMS makes its AI aggressive to zombies as it sets its own relations.

FFA mode in DZAI makes DZAI hostile to all other AI on the server, not just hostile to zombies.

oh, i don't have any AI systems installed. Only whatever comes with DayZ. i havent noticed them attacking zombies, but they could be.

oh, i don't have any AI systems installed. Only whatever comes with DayZ. i havent noticed them attacking zombies, but they could be.

If there are no players nearby, there are no zombies nearby. Usually by the time zombies spawn the AI are dead, or all the zombies are running towards the player as I don't think the zombies run to attack AI unless the AI weaponnoise is adjusted.

The AI could be firing at the zombies instead of you in the firefight but I doubt the player would notice.

I've got a question regarding the way loot is presented (at work so cant check the files):

Is it spawned in tents or crates?
The reason I ask: Namalsk 0.75 has most crates blocked, so I have to edit all crates to tents to have them able to spawn (I believe, havent found another way tbh)

I've got a question regarding the way loot is presented (at work so cant check the files):

Is it spawned in tents or crates?
The reason I ask: Namalsk 0.75 has most crates blocked, so I have to edit all crates to tents to have them able to spawn (I believe, havent found another way tbh)

It uses crates. If Namalsk blocks crates, that's interesting. I'll have to take a look through the Namalsk code and see how its doing that.

ok i tested this a bit now (and made a few of my own edits aswell) ... idk if you just want to check my files to see what i did so far

anyways really nice work on this, it seems way more "clean" than what it was, but you still have a few issues (i noted in my files) like you are adding 3 backpacks to a crate, however crates can only hold one and the rest just ends on the ground.
idk if this is intended?

aslo on my lingor server it seems to like to start the mission very close to water (sometimes even half submerged).

other than that, i think you did a nice piece of work here ;)

ok i tested this a bit now (and made a few of my own edits aswell) ... idk if you just want to check my files to see what i did so far

anyways really nice work on this, it seems way more "clean" than what it was, but you still have a few issues (i noted in my files) like you are adding 3 backpacks to a crate, however crates can only hold one and the rest just ends on the ground.
idk if this is intended?

aslo on my lingor server it seems to like to start the mission very close to water (sometimes even half submerged).

other than that, i think you did a nice piece of work here ;)

If you can PM me your comments or files i'll take a look.

The 4 backpacks added to a crate that causes 3 to be on the ground is a visual touch. It makes it look messier like you would believe a real supply crate would look. They only last so long before being cleaned up by the server.

As for missions spawning near water, I'm not sure how I could fix that unless I put out feelers in the position code to look for nearby water. To my knowledge there is no command to look for water nearby. The feelers would have to use surfaceIsWater.

Glad you like it.

I like the backpacks on the ground and I had already did this with the first mission script gives it a nice look when you come up on it. it just spills over.

I'm experimenting with checking if the mission is too close to shore right now. I would like to see Halv's feedback, but if that takes a while I'll probably release it sooner than later.

never a good idea to wait for me ... i rarely ride same day i saddle.

on another not, i noticed the ai running off the missions too now ... i didnt look into it tho, but could be they just dont know where to go and therefore chooses to dismiss

never a good idea to wait for me ... i rarely ride same day i saddle.

on another not, i noticed the ai running off the missions too now ... i didnt look into it tho, but could be they just dont know where to go and therefore chooses to dismiss

I haven't noticed it since I changed the waypoint system. I don't have the slightest idea what would be causing them to run off still.
My assumption before was that the waypoints were just too far away before, so now I have no idea.

i think i just realized what happends ... other ai attack the mission, the mission ai retaliate and move up on them but do not return to the mission center

i think i just realized what happends ... other ai attack the mission, the mission ai retaliate and move up on them but do not return to the mission center

Could you test a new function for me on your Lingor map? Its an update for the function in DZMSFunctions.sqf.
It should check for water 50meters to the NorthSouthEastWest of the position chosen. I just need to know if the logic is error free.
Code:
DZMSFindPos = {
    private["_findRun","_pos","_centerPos","_mapHardCenter","_hardX","_hardY","_posX","_posY","_fin"];

//Lets try to use map specific "Novy Sobor Fixes".
    //If the map is unrecognised this function will still work.
    if (DZMSWorldName in ["chernarus","utes","zargabad","fallujah","takistan","tavi","lingor","namalsk","mbg_celle2","oring","panthera2","isladuala","smd_sahrani_a2","trinity"]) then
    {
        _mapHardCenter = true;

//We have a supported map so lets set the center
        //New map support can easily be added to these
        if (DZMSWorldName == "chernarus") then {
            _centerPos = [7100, 7750, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "utes") then {
            _centerPos = [3500, 3500, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "zargabad") then {
            _centerPos = [4096, 4096, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "fallujah") then {
            _centerPos = [3500, 3500, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "takistan") then {
            _centerPos = [8000, 1900, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "tavi") then {
            _centerPos = [13300, 2660, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "lingor") then {
            _centerPos = [4400, 4400, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "namalsk") then {
            _centerPos = [4352, 7348, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "mbg_celle2") then {
            _centerPos = [8765.27, 2075.58, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "oring") then {
            _centerPos = [1577, 3429, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "panthera2") then {
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "isladuala") then {
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "smd_sahrani_a2") then {
            _centerPos = [13200, 8850, 0];
        };
        if (DZMSWorldName == "trinity") then {
            _centerPos = [6400, 6400, 0];
        };

}
    else
    {
        //We don't have a supported map. Let's use the norm.
        _pos = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

};

//If we have a hardcoded center, then we need to loop for a location
    //Else we can ignore this block of code and just return the position
    if (_mapHardCenter) then {

_hardX = _centerPos select 0;
        _hardY = _centerPos select 1;

//We need to loop findSafePos until it doesn't return the map center
        _findRun = true;
        while {_findRun} do
        {
            _pos = [_centerPos,0,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

//Apparently you can't compare two arrays and must compare values
            _posX = _pos select 0;
            _posY = _pos select 1;

//Water Feelers. Checks for nearby water within 50meters.
            _feel1 = [_posX, _posY+50, 0];
            _feel2 = [_posX+50, _posY, 0];
            _feel3 = [_posX, _posY-50, 0];
            _feel4 = [_posX-50, _posY, 0];

//Water Check
            _noWater = (!surfaceIsWater _pos && !surfaceIsWater _feel1 && !surfaceIsWater _feel2 && !surfaceIsWater _feel3 && !surfaceIsWater _feel4);

if (_posX != _hardX) then {
                if (_posY != _hardY) then {
                    if (_noWater) then {
                        _findRun = false;
                    };
                };
            };
            sleep 2;
        };

};

_fin = [(_pos select 0), (_pos select 1), 0];
    _fin
};

hi vampire so i wiped my server and re-done the hole thing the only problem i have is the missions on my panthera map always seem to be on the desert or at the back of the bandit trader but this is perfect other wise i have created all new gear at missions in the boxes and on the ai also the cars stay and can be sold its flawless and simple to install 100% votes off me keep up the good work

vampire iv added a weapons list in the scripts section to help people to change their fillboxes hope it helps will add more when i get time

Back