[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

I would suggest this, create the DZMSspecialList where you did.

in the mission you want to change you need to make the following change:

should be something like this:
[_crate,"weapons"] ExecVM DZMSBoxSetup;

and change to:
[_crate,"special"] ExecVM DZMSBoxSetup;

then find DZMSBox.sqf then at the very bottom add this:

Code:
if (_type == "special") then {
    _scount = count DZMSspecialList;
    for "_x" from 0 to 1 do {
        _sSelect = floor(random _sCount);
        _item = DZMSspecialList select _sSelect;
        _crate addWeaponCargoGlobal [_item,1];
        _ammo = [] + getArray (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _item >> "magazines");
        if (count _ammo > 0) then {
            _crate addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_ammo select 0),(round(random 8))];
        };
    };
};

This will make it so the box uses the "special" type and will add weapons that are in the DZMSspecialList array. Also I believe the "for "_x" from 0 to 1" if changed to something like 0 to 10 would result in more weapons being added.

Had to read over this again as i installed the missions all over again and just realised that i didn't thank you for the help.

Sorry many and thanks alot it really helped.

I have done that, it seems to have worked.

Now i am having a problem where when i loot a body the games crashes, i am using GTX GAMING for my server host.

Has anyone updated there DZMSAIConfig.sqf and DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf to have the new weapon class names in 1.8.6.1? If so could some one please link me those files?

Thank you.

curious if anyone has adapted this to vanilla for 1.8.6.1. I've been working on it and the biggest issue is the boxes and crates that are used for loot. They either seem to be banned in vanilla and don't show up (USBasicAmmunitionBox, SpecialWeaponsBox, USVehicleBox) or they show up with nothing in them (RUSpecialWeaponsBox, RUBasicWeaponsBox, RUBasicAmmunitionBox). [Yes, I ran DZMSBoxSetup on them].

For the stash house I used MedBox0, which is not ideal looks-wise, but it showed up and had gear in it, except backpacks which ended up on the floor.

For the NATO cache I was going to stick a Ural under the camo net and fill it with guns. Again, not perfect, but works. Also, of the 3 ammo cans around the net (AmmoBoxSmall_762, AmmoBoxSmall_556), all 3 contain 556(stanag), never 762(dmr).

Finally, is there a "weapon/ammo box" allowed in vanilla that I can use for the missions?

Most boxes are banned in Dayz, which is one of the benefits of using Epoch or Overpoch .. you can create the server YOU want, not what the Dayz devs think you should have.
There is some box that is allowed and we had this discussion within the last few months.
From the @dayz/dayz_anim/cfgbanned folder ... Any crate that is not listed in this file is allowed to be used. And before you ask, NO! you cannot simply unban anything in this file. You would need to provide your new files as a custom mod and players would have to download it
Code:
class RULaunchersBox: Banned {};
    class RUOrdnanceBox: Banned {};
//class RUBasicAmmunitionBox: Banned {};  // cannot ban this one
//class RUBasicWeaponsBox: Banned {};  // cannot ban this one
//class RUSpecialWeaponsBox: Banned {};  // cannot ban this one
//class SpecialWeaponsBox: Banned {};  // cannot ban this one
    class RUVehicleBox: Banned {};
    class SPG9_TK_GUE_Bag_EP1: Banned {};
    class SPG9_TK_INS_Bag_EP1: Banned {};
    class TK_ALICE_Pack_EP1: Banned {};
    class TKBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1: Banned {};
    class TKBasicWeapons_EP1: Banned {};
    class TKLaunchers_EP1: Banned {};
    class TKOrdnanceBox_EP1: Banned {};
    class TK_RPG_Backpack_EP1: Banned {};
    class TKSpecialWeapons_EP1: Banned {};
    class TKVehicleBox_EP1: Banned {};
    class TOW_TriPod_US_Bag_EP1: Banned {};
    class Tripod_Bag: Banned {};
    class UNBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1: Banned {};
    class UNBasicWeapons_EP1: Banned {};
    class US_Assault_Pack_EP1: Banned {};
    class US_Backpack_EP1: Banned {};
    class USBasicAmmunitionBox: Banned {};
    class USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1: Banned {};
    class USBasicBag: Banned {};
    class USBasicWeaponsBox: Banned {};
    class USBasicWeapons_EP1: Banned {};
    class USLaunchersBox: Banned {};
    class USLaunchers_EP1: Banned {};
    class USOrdnanceBox: Banned {};
    class USOrdnanceBox_EP1: Banned {};
    class US_Patrol_Pack_EP1: Banned {};
    class USSpecialWeaponsBox: Banned {};
    class USSpecialWeapons_EP1: Banned {};
    class US_UAV_Pack_EP1: Banned {};
    class USVehicleBox: Banned {};
    class USVehicleBox_EP1: Banned {};

You can always use
Code:
_lootPile = createVehicle ["weaponHolder",_pilePos,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

however not sure about capacity and don't forget to
Code:
_lootPile setVariable ["permaLoot",true]

i can create RUBasicAmmunitionBox, RUBasicWeaponsBox, RUSpecialWeaponsBox
I've tried to clear them with clearWeaponCargo and clearWeaponCargoGlobal. I try and fill them with addMagazineCargoGlobal and addBackpackCargoGlobal. I made sure to call setVariable ["permaLoot",true];

They show up empty, the gear is spilled all over the ground and I can't put anything in them. Code works fine for Medbox0 and for vehicles.

looking in the code, I see the file : antihack_weaponholders.hpp
// these objects can't be banned, so let's transform them to some dull objects
class RUBasicAmmunitionBox: House {
model = "\ca\weapons\AmmoBoxes\RUSpecialWeapons.p3d";
vehicleClass = "RUBasicAmmunitionBox";
};
class RUSpecialWeaponsBox: RUBasicAmmunitionBox {
vehicleClass = "RUSpecialWeaponsBox";
};
class RUBasicWeaponsBox: RUBasicAmmunitionBox {
model = "\ca\weapons\AmmoBoxes\RUBasicWeapons.p3d";
vehicleClass = "RUBasicWeaponsBox";
};

I haven't found the definition of "House" yet, but this looks like the culprit.

I wonder if I could redefine RUBasicAmmunitionbox, presumably in the mission file to something like:

class RUBasicAmmunitionBox: House {
vehicleClass = "RUBasicAmmunitionBox";
transportMaxWeapons = 50;
transportMaxMagazines = 500;
transportMaxBackpacks = 10
};

Not that this is going to help you much, but crates have only ever been able to hold one backpack max, and the rest appear on the ground around it.

Not that this is going to help you much, but crates have only ever been able to hold one backpack max, and the rest appear on the ground around it.
what i did once was to spawn in a ural, locked and use it to store all the loot.

how about using one of the static piles of backpacks as a search location and spawning loot drops around it to put in your loot like a backpack with weapons and ammo etc? like how the helicrash works?

i do not believe any of the classes can be defined or redefined in the mission. otherwise we could define a new class for any banned weapon/vehicle

Last edited:
I'll try out the backpack idea. I've tried tents, dome tents and stashes which work fine. I changed the Nato Weapons cache mission to be a Ural under the camo-net, so thats good too.

Those boxes aren't banned, just redefined to a meaningless object, so it seemed like it might work. It didn't. Now I wonder if I could create RUBasicAmmunitionBox2, inherit from the original and give it storage. I'll try that but I'm not hopeful.

In the end I have some options, not perfect visually, but functional.

I'll try out the backpack idea. I've tried tents, dome tents and stashes which work fine. I changed the Nato Weapons cache mission to be a Ural under the camo-net, so thats good too.

Those boxes aren't banned, just redefined to a meaningless object, so it seemed like it might work. It didn't. Now I wonder if I could create RUBasicAmmunitionBox2, inherit from the original and give it storage. I'll try that but I'm not hopeful.

In the end I have some options, not perfect visually, but functional.
Tried this classname? "AmmoBoxBig". It is working for me just the backpacks all over the ground.

_vehicle_33 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_Fort_Watchtower", [4499.4175, 10332.567], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_33 = _this;
_this setDir 61.505478;
_this setPos [4499.4175, 10332.567];
};

_vehicle_35 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_fort_bagfence_round", [4485.1675, 10326.388], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_35 = _this;
_this setDir -71.450554;
_this setPos [4485.1675, 10326.388];
};

what numbers do i use to center from 0 in mission

_vehicle_33 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_Fort_Watchtower", [4499.4175, 10332.567], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_33 = _this;
_this setDir 61.505478;
_this setPos [4499.4175, 10332.567];
};

_vehicle_35 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_fort_bagfence_round", [4485.1675, 10326.388], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_35 = _this;
_this setDir -71.450554;
_this setPos [4485.1675, 10326.388];
};

what numbers do i use to center from 0 in mission

I think I understand what you mean and its annoying to do what you want to do. I can't remember exactly how to do the math part but what I did when I did it it was add an object in the center and then use that to calculate the offset for items.

ok. you want to place loot at a circle around the mission
_pos will be the mission spawn point.

x_coord=_pos select 0 + ((random 40) -20)
y_coord=_pos select 1 + ((random 40) -20)
then spawn loot at [x_coord,y_coord]

Back