[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

I posted in another thread for help with my Zero divisor error issue in the RPT. Since I have no idea how to solve it, hoping for someone to look at it. Really wanna get this DZMS working properly so my friends can enjoy the server.

http://pastebin.com/L0bW8w4K

I posted in another thread for help with my Zero divisor error issue in the RPT. Since I have no idea how to solve it, hoping for someone to look at it. Really wanna get this DZMS working properly so my friends can enjoy the server.

http://pastebin.com/L0bW8w4K
your problem is not in the mission system but in server_functions.sqf, line 254

the mission initializes after without errors:
Code:
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Starting DayZ Mission System."
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: DZAI Found! Using DZAI's Relations!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Mission and Extended Configuration Loaded!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: tavi Detected. Map Specific Settings Adjusted!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Mission Functions Script Loaded!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Major Mission Clock Starting!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Minor Mission Clock Starting!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Mission Marker Loop for JIPs Starting!"

your problem is not in the mission system but in server_functions.sqf, line 254

the mission initializes after without errors:
Code:
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Starting DayZ Mission System."
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: DZAI Found! Using DZAI's Relations!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Mission and Extended Configuration Loaded!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: tavi Detected. Map Specific Settings Adjusted!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Mission Functions Script Loaded!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Major Mission Clock Starting!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Minor Mission Clock Starting!"
22:04:52 "[DZMS]: Mission Marker Loop for JIPs Starting!"

I looked at line 254 but I don't see what's wrong. the guy that works on DZMS told me that this has to be fixed since it could be messing up how DZMS is working, right now the problem is the map markers arent showing up. Here is lines 251-257 in the server_functions.sqf

// vehicle limit reached, remove vehicle from list
// since elements cannot be removed from an array, overwrite it with the last element and cut the last element of (as long as order is not important)
_lastIndex = (count AllowedVehiclesList) - 1;
if (_lastIndex != _index) then {
AllowedVehiclesList set [_index, AllowedVehiclesList select _lastIndex];
};
AllowedVehiclesList resize _lastIndex;

Last edited:
Hey vampire, I fixed the zero divisor problem. Here is my new RPT log, let it run for an hour and no zero divisor problem. But the map markers are still not showing up on the map. Is there some kind of option related to these map markers which turns them off and on? Btw I'm also using DZAI along with this, could an option there turn off map markers?

http://pastebin.com/uFiFHcj1

Last edited:
Hey vampire, I fixed the zero divisor problem. Here is my new RPT log, let it run for an hour and no zero divisor problem. But the map markers are still not showing up on the map. Is there some kind of option related to these map markers which turns them off and on? Btw I'm also using DZAI along with this, could an option there turn off map markers?

http://pastebin.com/uFiFHcj1

Install the newest version from the github, and in DZMS Functions.sqf find this line:
//diag_log format ["[DZMS]: DEBUG: Pos:[%1,%2] / noWater?:%3 / okDistance?:%4 / TaviHeight:%5", _posX, _posY, _noWater, _okDis, _tavHeight];
and remove the //

I want to see if the height is still coming back as undefined.

Hi Vampire,

thanks first for your mission system. Great work i like it. I have a question / suggestion for a future update.

Can you add an optional function that avoids spawning missions in designated areas ? So that missions are not spawning within any e.g. specially named marker ?

Would be great.

Hi Vampire,

thanks first for your mission system. Great work i like it. I have a question / suggestion for a future update.

Can you add an optional function that avoids spawning missions in designated areas ? So that missions are not spawning within any e.g. specially named marker ?

Would be great.

I might make it an array of coordinates and distance it will check against, but it might be a while before I add that. I'll look into it.

Install the newest version from the github, and in DZMS Functions.sqf find this line:
//diag_log format ["[DZMS]: DEBUG: Pos:[%1,%2] / noWater?:%3 / okDistance?:%4 / TaviHeight:%5", _posX, _posY, _noWater, _okDis, _tavHeight];
and remove the //

That line was not in there ---->//diag_log format ["[DZMS]: DEBUG: Pos:[%1,%2] / noWater?:%3 / okDistance?:%4 / TaviHeight:%5", _posX, _posY, _noWater, _okDis, _tavHeight];

but this was in there

Code:
            //Water Check
            _noWater = (!surfaceIsWater _pos && !surfaceIsWater _feel1 && !surfaceIsWater _feel2 && !surfaceIsWater _feel3 && !surfaceIsWater _feel4);

//Lets test the height on Taviana
            if (_isTavi) then {
                _tavTest = createVehicle ["Can_Small",[_posX,_posY,0.001],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
                _tavHeight = (getPosASL _tavTest) select 2;
                deleteVehicle _tavTest;
            };

if ((_posX != _hardX) AND (_posY != _hardY) AND _noWater) then {
                if (!(_isTavi)) then {
                    _findRun = false;
                };
                if (_isTavi AND (_tavHeight < 185)) then {
                    _findRun = false;
                };
            };

sleep 2;
        };

};

_fin = [(_pos select 0), (_pos select 1), 0];
    _fin

I'm running it now and will report back, thanks.

and remove the //

Here is the RPT log you requested Vampire, still no map markers though. Does the Debug map marker thing in DZAI have to be on or something?

http://pastebin.com/nxGM3whP

Above
Code:
add
Code:
sleep 3;

Then retry it with the debug line still there.

Remove this line:
Code:
deleteVehicle _tavTest;

and above this line
Code:
//Lets check for minimum mission separation distance

Add this:
if (isNull _tavTest) then {
diag_log format ["[DZMS]: DEBUG: TavTest is Null"];
};

I apologize for how many times I'm having you run code, but I have one more fix to try before I'll just revert the tavi height check.

Code:
becomes
Code:
_tavHeight = ((getPosASL _tavTest) select 2);

This is really boggling my mind as this exact code works as-is in the editor.

I apologize for how many times I'm having you run code, but I have one more fix to try before I'll just revert the tavi height check.

Code:
becomes
Code:
_tavHeight = ((getPosASL _tavTest) select 2);

This is really boggling my mind as this exact code works as-is in the editor.

It's no problem at all, really. I just want this to work lol. I made the change and im running it right now. I'll hop on the server in a min. BTW just in case, im using self blood bag, suicide, take clothes, auto refuel, remove parts from vehicle, no plot pole, using Infistar's admin menu, and DZAI. Right now for DZAI I just have the air patrols on, I turned off Dynamic and static spawns for it. I don't know if any of these are affecting DZMS. If you want at some point I can upload my server and mission PBO for you to look at, just in case.

http://pastebin.com/1UXq1icf

Only one more thing I can think of, and that is that for whatever reason, height might be returning an array.

Change the diag_log line to this.
Code:
diag_log format ["[DZMS]: DEBUG: Pos:[%1,%2] / noWater?:%3 / okDistance?:%4 / TaviHeight:%5", _posX, _posY, _noWater, _okDis, str(_tavHeight)];

Hey just installed this mission system on my epoch server and i now get black screen and

17:51:38 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
17:51:38 Error in expression <eight = round ((_itemChances select _l) * 100);
for "_k" from 0 to _weight - 1 d>
17:51:38 Error position: <* 100);
17:51:38 Error *: Type String, expected Number
17:51:38 File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus\init\loot_init.sqf, line 75

without it no error and it restarts just fine,

Hey just installed this mission system on my epoch server and i now get black screen and

17:51:38 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
17:51:38 Error in expression <eight = round ((_itemChances select _l) * 100);
17:51:38 Error position: <* 100);
17:51:38 Error *: Type String, expected Number
17:51:38 File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus\init\loot_init.sqf, line 75

without it no error and it restarts just fine,

Unless you are messing up the line install, I don't see how that could be caused by DZMS as DZMS hasn't even ran yet at that point.

Back