[Support] ESS

Sorry everyone, been busy lately. Finally got around to updating.

able to help fix my problem ??? I seen a few had this issue but no answers

I set the coordinates for my base but it spawns me in the water FAR FAR away....

my database coords [136,[14728.6,16796.7,0.241]]
donorListBases = [
[14728.6,16796.7,0] //-TC-calamity
[16796.7,14728.6,0] tried switching numbers around still spawn out in the water. not my base

Hey EBAY ... i follow your tutorial completly but have some problem, heres my log...

1:27:03 Error Undefined variable in expression: _safety
1:27:03 Error in expression <h allUnits;

dayz_serverObjectMonitor = _safety;>
1:27:03 Error position: <_safety;>
1:27:03 Error in expression <(( (count needUpdate_objects) > 0) && (diag_tickTi>
1:27:03 Error position: <needUpdate_objects) > 0) && (diag_tickTi>
1:27:03 Error Undefined variable in expression: needupdate_objects
1:27:03 Error in expression <
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != "Par>
1:27:03 Error position: <_safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != "Par>
1:27:03 Error in expression <h allUnits;

I use 1.8.1 day-z (just day-z , no epoch) ... when i´m starting i can choose character but i spawn outside map ...
Please help

Just fixed

9/1/14 - Files changed: class.hpp, class.sqf, classfill.sqf, classpick.sqf, spawn.sqf, [Added] ESSConfig.sqf, ESSfloor.sqf, install directions
  • [Fixed] items being removed in infistar AH334A
  • [Added] fixed swimming on land glitch by adding a spawn platform in debug (tavi, napf, sauerland)
  • [Added] Halo spawn is unavailable if any spawn points are blocked by body check. This is to prevent easy suicide for spamming random spawn. Thanks @ReDBaroN for the suggestion
  • [Added] Renamed donor variables to VIP for less characters
  • [Added] bodyCheckDistance variable in config for easy modification (set to -1 to disable)
  • [Added] Separate config file for easy editing
  • [Added] Optional HD map for Chernarus
  • [Fixed] Removed back to lobby button, it is not needed
  • [Fixed] Higher level VIPs do not also get access to lower level VIP classes for simplicity
Thanks for the update ebay! :)

Updated the files - Still have the problem, spawning in nowhere when i pick class MAN - GIRL ...

I login to server, pick the man or woman , then i spawn outside of the map ... my arma2oaserver.RPT

14:14:47 Error position: <_safety;>
14:14:47 Error Undefined variable in expression: _safety
14:14:47 Error in expression <(( (count needUpdate_objects) > 0) && (diag_tickTi>
14:14:47 Error position: <needUpdate_objects) > 0) && (diag_tickTi>
14:14:47 Error Undefined variable in expression: needupdate_objects
14:14:47 Error in expression <
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != "Par>
14:14:47 Error position: <_safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != "Par>
14:14:47 Error in expression <h allUnits;

dayz_serverObjectMonitor = _safety;>
14:14:47 Error position: <_safety;>

Please help...

hi guys in the folder there is a hd map.paa file which im guessing i have to upload to my server for the spawn script to work but where do i need to upload this file i cant find it in my file manager thanks

I have no comma needed
still spawning in the water

donorListBase = [
"76561198015661111", //-TC-Calamity
"76561198044721111", //-TC-Uliji
"76561198105401111" //Raamses
];

donorListBases = [
[1478.4,16796.8,0] //-TC-calamity
//[5952.08,13853.2,0], //-TC-Uliji
//[10093.5,7797.37,0] //Raamses
];

Just fixed

9/1/14 - Files changed: class.hpp, class.sqf, classfill.sqf, classpick.sqf, spawn.sqf, [Added] ESSConfig.sqf, ESSfloor.sqf, install directions
  • [Fixed] items being removed in infistar AH334A
  • [Added] fixed swimming on land glitch by adding a spawn platform in debug (tavi, napf, sauerland)
  • [Added] Halo spawn is unavailable if any spawn points are blocked by body check. This is to prevent easy suicide and halo drifting from nearby towns to blocked spawns. Thanks @ReDBaroN for the suggestion
  • [Added] Renamed donor variables to VIP for less characters
  • [Added] bodyCheckDistance variable in config for easy modification (set to -1 to disable)
  • [Added] Separate config file for easy editing
  • [Added] Optional HD map for Chernarus
  • [Fixed] Removed back to lobby button, it is not needed
  • [Fixed] Higher level VIPs do not also get access to lower level VIP classes for simplicity
Hi ebay, I have upgraded to the latest version and now only fresh spawns can halo. Players re-spawning after death even when clicking on an available spawn location outside the bodyCheckDistance area are also forced to ground spawn, unless I've done something wrong? Is that the new design?

What I was hoping for was like I have just seen in your post above, keep the bodyCheckDistance switched on to 8kms, still allow them to halo and only force random to spawn on the ground. The 8kms should cover about a maximum drift of 5.5kms.

Is this possible now I have upgraded? Will your change above to spawn.sqf sort this?

hi guys thanks for the quick reply. i have installed all the script and im guessing its working.
Basically when i die now it loads up and i can select my class and spawn location fine, so that is working howether, the option to select spawn type isnt there.

i really love parachuting in any ideas how to get this working. doesnt make sense how only the first two is working fine. thanks

maybe im just confused with the coords I need to put in for base spawn
should coord strait from database work ?? thats where im getting numbers
database coords
[136,[14728.6,16796.7,0.241]]
used
donorListBases = [

hi guys thanks for the quick reply. i have installed all the script and im guessing its working.
Basically when i die now it loads up and i can select my class and spawn location fine, so that is working howether, the option to select spawn type isnt there.

i really love parachuting in any ideas how to get this working. doesnt make sense how only the first two is working fine. thanks
I'm wondering if this is related to my issue. Since updating no regulars can select halo. I'm waiting for a fresh spawn to come in so I can ask them.

Yes, it was the new design. You are right about the drift. I went ahead and changed it back so only Random button forces ground spawn. Only spawn.sqf file was changed.

I would advise leaving the bases you aren't using as empty arrays rather than commenting them out. Like:
Code:
Bases = [
    [],  //-TC-Uliji
    []  //Raamses
];

Other than that looks fine to me. You are doing it in the right format. Just the coordinates, not direction. Did you modify spawn.sqf at all?
Hey ebay, thanks have changed to the latest spawn.sqf. That should stop those cheeky random suicidals!

One last thing which I think would be a real asset to this....is there a way to limit the drift of a parachute so I don't have to use such a wide area like 8kms? I have tried changing wind in dynamicweather which I already override but, that doesn't seem to have helped at all. This way it would look better and give more options to players that have just died if I could limit their para drift to 1,000m or even, just no drift at all would be fine....?

Again thanks for all your help on this. :)

Yes, in spawn.sqf just modify the two lines that look like this:
Code:
if (haloSelect == 1) then {player setPosATL [_position select 0,_position select 1,2000];[player,2000] spawn BIS_fnc_halo;} else {player setPosATL _position;};

Change all four occurrences of 2000 to 1000. The lower altitude will give them less time to drift. I haven't tested 1000m, so I don't know how it looks. Let me know. If it works good I will lower it in the OP files to like 1500 or 1000.
Lol! Now why didn't I think of that!

Nice one eBay. Will load up when I come back to life tomorrow morning UK time and report back.

I'll give both 1000 and 1500 a go and see how they work/look.

One final thing. I have already changed my random button description to say 'ground spawn'. I also get players constantly say the spawn select is broken because of the excluded spawn points. Is there any way some text could be added maybe at the top that explains about the blocked spawn points? 'locations within xxx of your dead body are blocked for 30 minutes' or similar....

Then I promise I'll shut up!! :D

Yes, it was the new design. You are right about the drift. I went ahead and changed it back so only Random button forces ground spawn. Only spawn.sqf file was changed.

Each UID must have a matching set of base coordinates. If you want multiple UIDs to share a base just add the same base coordinates multiples times.

Don't comment out the bases you aren't using because it may cause errors when it attempts to select the second and third element. In those cases it would error out to an empty array and you would probably spawn at the default [0,0,0].

Other than that looks fine to me. You are doing it in the right format. Just the coordinates, not direction. Did you modify spawn.sqf at all?

Hi Ebay so just to confirm the way the script works now it's only "fresh spawns" that get the option to choose a halo spawn and people that have already been on the server can only ground spawn??

If I read that right is there any way to change it back?? I really love this script and want to keep using it but If I can't halo jump on my own server it seems pointless. Any way awesome job Thanks

Back