[Support] ESS

i have problem with the spawn selection, other players thats not on the list of the base selection can push it aswell, and when they does it they spawn no where. so the question is if you could hide base selection from players thats not applied.

btw awesome script

i have problem with the spawn selection, other players thats not on the list of the base selection can push it aswell, and when they does it they spawn no where. so the question is if you could hide base selection from players thats not applied.

btw awesome script
@Sercanatici - Base spawn option should be hidden for anyone without a UID in vipListBase. What map/version are you using?
Hi ebay, I had this problem before and it was where i had deleted the PV broadcast thingies by accident as I wasn't using the class system, only spawn.

Sercanatici, can you check you have the following in your ESS config file:
publicVariable "vipListBase";
publicVariable "vipListBases";

hi ebay, quick question....does bodycheckdistance have a timer for dead bodies? I'm sure I read somewhere but now can't find it that the exclusion area only ran for 30 minutes. Have I got this wrong? Is it up to restart?

hi ebay, i just installed the new files, but for some reason now my class selection is blank, nothing to choose.
ive triple checked but ive missed something or broke something...lol.. any ideas?

its overpoch im running BTW and its always worked till i added the new files

Last edited:
Can't get it working on Panthera for some reason, players are getting black screen but admins can use the system.
Any ideas?

EDIT - i found the panthera map pack, what files do i need to replace to make the spawn map to panthera?

Thanks in advance,
Engrise

Last edited:
Just installed this on Epoch Napf 1.0.5.1. With some of the spawns, if I select the paradrop option, it doesn't seem like I'm falling to the ground. I'm up in the clouds, with the rushing wind sound and all, but I never break through the clouds. In one case, I spawned crouched, holding my pistol.

Is there a way to disable the paradrop option on the spawn select menu?

Just installed this on Epoch Napf 1.0.5.1. With some of the spawns, if I select the paradrop option, it doesn't seem like I'm falling to the ground. I'm up in the clouds, with the rushing wind sound and all, but I never break through the clouds. In one case, I spawned crouched, holding my pistol.

Is there a way to disable the paradrop option on the spawn select menu?

Hi Page 7 topic 135

http://opendayz.net/threads/support-ess-enhanced-spawn-selection.19999/page-7#post-105866

MegaZ

@ebay - For Panthera I just need an array of five coordinates for each spawn to add it.

Is there anything i can do?
I really want to get the Spawn system working. I tried the Gezzunder one but it didn't work for me. Normal players got black screen at login screen. And it worked for Admins.

Hi, I installed this addon, but it doesn't load past "Requesting Character Data From Server", and there is a number on the bottom right which keeps going up

In Epoch server_cleanup.fsm bodies are checked on 10 minute loop by spawning server_spawncleanDead in server_functions.sqf. If the body is older than 30 mins (1800s) it is deleted. I suggest lowering that to 15 mins (900s) to make the server run smoother, since 30 minutes is a long time for a body to lie around.
Hi ebay, thanks for your reply. I see, so bodycheckdistance effectively hangs off the server_cleanup.fsm. So if the body is still there it excludes those spawn points near it and once the server_cleanup cleans the body away after 30 minutes, those locations reappear....nice :)

I'll have a think about lowering the time but, may be a bit harsh on our server as we are PvP heavy and have bodycheckdistance set to 5km's and halo only 1km up so, can take a little while to get back to your body.

Again, thanks for your reply :)

Hi,

First of really cool very much like this.. Have it on one server and things working fine other than the odd spawn in the top left screen.. 1 in about 20 so livavble.

However what i am finding on a new server that has Coins and P4L is that when the user spawns in after a death you can see the banks coins and humanity are displayed correctly however when you then get to the select spawn page it loses all the banked coins and humanity once you then spawn if you drop to the lobby and come back in bank and humanity are back to correct values.

Now i know this is probably nothing to-do with the ESS code and something todo with how the coins work but just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and or knows of a fix or place to look at in the code.

Thanks

EDIT..
Never mind.. Fixed it with some mods to the player_switchModel.sqf

Last edited:
Anyone having problems with this and infistar 335F?

keep getting kicked when selecting sex and then have to select spawn point on next log in

Implemented this on my Taviana OverPoch server and I can select a class and spawn point easy enough, but if I select ground, I am swimming in water in total black and the bottom left of map and if I choose halo, I fall to the bottom left corner of map regardless of choosing a spawn point. In admin mode, I can swim/fly up to a black builing with a person inside of it...any help with this?

The rpt files aren't showing anything out of the ordinary and it is a fresh server, so I have not changed any spawn points other than default. I will check again and upload the rpt for your perusing pleasures. ;)

Back