[Support] ESSV2

Hey! i did everything as instructed and for some reason I DONT EVEN GET THE OPTION OF WHERE I WANT TO SPAWN it just shows me the ddefault epoch character selection (male or female) idk what the prob might be. I am running an overpoch chernarus server plz help i really want this script on my server PS: I have single currency installed aswell idk if that could be the problem.:(

I noticed if I spawned with a skin that is normally sided as "east", the spawn selector doesn't change it over.

I'd suggest a fix, but my head isn't in it yet. I thought I would mention it with the hope that I was searching for the wrong term. Example skin I was using was SBH_Alpha_Soldier10

For some reason my VIP_Tools don't work.
This is what it says when you select a class:
Hwz8zLX.jpg

My defined VIP,

Code:
#define VIP_ITEMS "ItemBandage",4,"ItemMorphine","ItemBloodbag","ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","FoodMRE","ItemAntibiotic"
#define VIP_TOOLS "Binocular_Vector","ItemRadio","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemEtool","ItemToolbox","ItemCrowbar","ItemKnife","NVGoggles","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemSledge"

My Loadouts:
Code:
    ["VIP 1","GUE_Commander_DZ","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["FHQ_rem_30Rnd_680x43_ACR",4,"RH_6Rnd_44_Mag",4,VIP_ITEMS],["FHQ_ACR_BASE_F","RH_bull",VIP_TOOLS],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[],[],1,0,0],
    ["VIP 2","Navy_SEAL_TL","SurvivorWdesert_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_DMR",4,"RH_19Rnd_9x19_g18",4,VIP_ITEMS],["vil_M110sd","RH_g18","VIP_TOOLS"],"DZ_LargeGunBag_EP1",[],[],2,0,0],
    ["VIP 3","gsc_eco_stalker_mask_fred","SurvivorWurban_DZ",["30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD",4,"RH_7Rnd_50_AE",4,VIP_ITEMS],["RH_hk416sdaim","RH_Deagleg","VIP_TOOLS"],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[],[],3,0,0]

@Mr White - AFAIK there is no way to change the side a skin belongs to. Those vaules are hardcoded in the configs. Player_switchModel.sqf already joins them to a west group when you switch into them, but it makes no difference. That is why Epoch makes its own _DZ versions of the skins like RU_Policeman_DZ, etc. (also to free the inventory slots)

@NateDaBeast - In your second and third loadouts you have "VIP_TOOLS" in quotes. These constants should not have quotes around them because they are direct substitutions of strings which already have the appropriate quotes.
Thanks for the help !

Oh also another thing !

After I select a class I get the skin and works fine, but whenever I log out the skin disappears and gives me a survivor skin.

What could be causing this as I know on other servers it doesn't do this ?

@NateDaBeast - Any skin that is not in the AllPlayers array will not save after log out. By default AllPlayers only includes the skins that are part of the mod (the ones that have clothing parcels). You can add to AllPlayers in your custom variables.sqf. Just add this at the bottom:

Code:
{AllPlayers set [count AllPlayers, _x];} count [
   "gsc_scientist2","gsc_scientist1","gsc_military_head_grey_AT","gsc_military_helmet_wdl","SFSG_des_tl","Desert_SOF_AC","Desert_SOF_AT",
   "frb_mark","frb_tl_mask","SFSG_mtp_tl","SFSG_wdl_tl","Mercenary_Default20b","SBH_Alpha_Soldier1","SBH_Alpha_Soldier2","MVD_Soldier_AT",
   "Navy_SEAL_diver","Navy_SEAL_TL","RU_Soldier2","USMC_Soldier_Pilot","SBH_Alpha_Soldier5","gsc_eco_stalker_head_neutral","gsc_eco_stalker_mask_camo",
   "gsc_eco_stalker_mask_duty","gsc_eco_stalker_mask_fred","gsc_eco_stalker_mask_neutral","US_Delta_Force_Marksman_EP1","arma1_us_soldier_sabass",
   "SFSG_wdl_mrk","gsc_eco_stalker_head_fred","gsc_scientist1_head","gsc_scientist2_head","Desert_SOF_DA1a","FR_Commander","Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC",
   "UKSF_des_mrk","UKSF_des_mrk_l","UKSF_wdl_mrk_l","UKSF_des_demo_l","UN_CDF_Soldier_Officer_EP1","UN_CDF_Soldier_EP1","Winter_SOF_DA1b","Winter_SOF_Marksman"];

That should include all the overwatch skins.
thank you very much.

@Mr White - AFAIK there is no way to change the side a skin belongs to. Those vaules are hardcoded in the configs. Player_switchModel.sqf already joins them to a west group when you switch into them, but it makes no difference. That is why Epoch makes its own _DZ versions of the skins like RU_Policeman_DZ, etc. (also to free the inventory slots)

Understood, I was a bit spoiled by running a custom mod. I had a setup that corrected all of that, but rotating back to overpoch to focus more on server content clipped my wings a bit. I had hoped it was one of those things that could be corrected through scripting.

Why adding Single Currency coins don't work, i write
["Survivor","Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ",[],[],"",[],[],0,0,999999],
Please help

@ebay

Using infistar safezones, and when player spawns at the debug area the safezone pops up, dunno if this was intended to happen but any away of removing the safezone at the debug area?

i have a speccial deluxe problem with the class selection
i have 4 server in a "global" hive, so all my player can switch with there gear and coins between our servers

and there is my prob, every time when someone switch the server he automatically lands in the class selection and it overwrites (only) his gear. is it possible to find a way that my server switchers not fall back into the class selection, without dissable the hole class selection?

So i installed your ESS The other day and i followed all your steps how you mention on your tutorial but i ran into this issue and i have no idea how to fix it because i am a noob. i don't ask for much i just ask for a fix if you can and if you have the time, so what happens is that when i log into the server i am stuck at my loading screen with an error saying "Requesting Character Data From the Server" and its Ben there for 25. I am going to give you my mission file so you see any issues with it Please all help will be appreciated i love your work but i am a noob.
@ebay

Any errors in your server rpt or client rpt?

Code:
Client RPT: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT (may need to enable show hidden files and folders in Windows to see it)
Server RPT: FTP\server config directory\arma2oaserver.RPT

Hi Ebay absolutely fxkin brilliant script ! It is fantastic however I have one slight problem. I used this server pack to build my server on with single currency included http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php...-souls-20-with-fixes-all-in-one-and-more-v05/ and I have installed your ESSV2 however for some reason when the server restarts the banking data and the cash data end up getting wiped. I have un installed the ESSV2 and on restarts this does not happen. If you could help that would be great because many players want this script :) there are no errors in my RPT relating to it either and I can select all spawns and classes as I should be able to minus the locked hero/bandit ones or VIP ones so it is working fine apart from the money issue.

Question here, after death you can almost spawn on your body. If you die at Kabanino you will be able to spawn there, not too fair for players. I would like them to spawn far away from their body, what to do?

Back