[Support] ESSV2

Some other script running on your server is killing you. Your blood jumps from 12000 to 5000 right at the spawn selection screen. Not sure what it might be, maybe some custom antihack? That doesn't happen with the default epoch files or infistar.
Thank you for responding! No antihack not installed. And infistar disabled. Sorry for my English))

@gr8_boi52 - Yes of course. I'm surprised people grabbing pbos and making a new server with them is still a problem. I'm not going to use publicVariable for UID lists in the release because it is worse for performance to needlessly broadcast them over the network as priority message and sync to JIP. People can still get the lists either way just by running diag_log format["%1",UIDvarHERE]; when they are on the selection screens. Although I guess most people looking to grab your pbos and steal your community from you are too dumb to do that.

Anyway, if you want to do it:
6. In dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf find this:
Code:
dayz_recordLogin = {
   private["_key"];
   _key = format["CHILD:103:%1:%2:%3:",_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2];
   _key call server_hiveWrite;
};
Add right below:
#include "ESSconfig.sqf"
Now create ESSconfig.sqf in the dayz_server\init\ folder.

Inside your ESSconfig.sqf should look something like this:
Code:
customLoadout = [
    "76561198014219874", // ebay
    "0",
    "0"
];

classLevel1 = ["0","0","0"];
classLevel2 = ["0","0","0"];
classLevel3 = ["0","0","0"];

customBase = [
    "76561198014219874", // ebay
    "0",
    "0"
];

spawnLevel1 = ["0","0","0"];
spawnLevel2 = ["0","0","0"];
spawnLevel3 = ["0","0","0"];

publicVariable "customLoadout";
publicVariable "classLevel1";
publicVariable "classLevel2";
publicVariable "classLevel3";
publicVariable "customBase";
publicVariable "spawnLevel1";
publicVariable "spawnLevel2";
publicVariable "spawnLevel3";

Then in the mission\spawn\classConfig.sqf you would do this:
Code:
_customLoadout = customLoadout;

_classLevel1 = classLevel1;
_classLevel2 = classLevel2;
_classLevel3 = classLevel3;
customLoadout=nil;classLevel1=nil;classLevel2=nil;classLevel3=nil; // can nil these now that we have copies
Same deal in spawnConfig.sqf with the spawnLevelX and customBase lists.
In regards to the server side variables would it be better to do it the way you posted or this way?
In server_monitor.sqf inside the run once portion...
Code:
if(isnil "mypublicvariable") then {
        _level1 = ["0","0"];
        _level2 = ["0","0"];
        _level3 = ["0","0"];
        mypublicvariable = [_level1,_level2,_level3];
        publicVariable "mypublicvariable";
    };

then have like _classLevel1 = mypublicvariable select 0; etc.... so mainly is it better to have one large publicvariable or lots of smaller ones?

Nice Update!

But now, i have a problem. My RPT- file reported from this error:

Code:
15:29:12 Error in expression <iable "spawnChoice") < 1} do {
AT_SPAWN
if (!dialog) then {cutText ["","BLACK OU>
15:29:12  Error position: <if (!dialog) then {cutText ["","BLACK OU>
15:29:12  Error Missing ;
15:29:12 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.tavi\spawn\spawn.sqf, line 119
15:29:12 Error in expression <iable "spawnChoice") < 1} do {
AT_SPAWN
if (!dialog) then {cutText ["","BLACK OU>
15:29:12  Error position: <if (!dialog) then {cutText ["","BLACK OU>
15:29:12  Error Missing ;
15:29:12 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.tavi\spawn\spawn.sqf, line 119

Thx for helping me!

just shooting in the dark, but maybe changing

Code:
(!dialog)

to this might solve the problem
Code:
!(dialog)

What a great mod you have here! Is there any way I can set a class to only be usable if your humanity is over -5000? I'm trying to restrict the survivor class so that bandits have to choose a bandit class. Thanks.

When I add "HandRoadFlare" to the starting gear nobody can hit F to switch to flares or chemlights. If they are not in the starting gear you can buy them or find them and they work.

@higgibaby - Your configs look fine. Did you modify the spawn.sqf file? If not there must be another error further up in the RPT. Can you post the whole client RPT file?

Thx for your feedback! I did not modifyed the span.sqf; it`s original! But I found the error! My second testserver with almost the same configuration has no problem. The only difference: No inifiStar! So the problem is InfiStar. But that is my problem; it`s the free edition from nitrado; nothing to configure for me.

Now my last questions. There`s no important function in that code, isn't it? Is that only a code for reporting something? Or must I use the old System? I think it works. The error occur only once; and it`s the only error!
(together with this one: "Cannot find a sound file dayz_sfx\chainsaw\start-attempt.ogg")

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
That explains it. The unedited infistar breaks the lbSetPicture command which is needed to add the lock icons. When the script attempts to use it you will get an "error missing ;" message. The script may still work correctly, but I wouldn't count on it. Sometimes an error in the file will break things further down in the script.

Thank you very much! For my regular server I have made a decision. I use "Epoch Admintool 1.9.1". With that, your great script works without problems!

But; many Nitrado users will be thankful for your guidance to remove the lbSetPicture lines!

These files seem to break death messages for my server. Death message will be sent once per restart or something, and then broken from there on out. Any idea on a way to fix?

my rpt is spamming this. any clue why?

I thought it was because of east or west spawned ai.

Code:
14:20:16   Error position: <nearEntities ["Man",100]);
_ret
};

#lin>
14:20:16   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
14:20:16 File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\custom\spawn\start.sqf, line 42
14:20:17 Bad conversion: array
14:20:17 Error in expression <ret set [count _ret,_x];} count (player nearEntities ["Man",100]);
_ret
};

Back