That hideous 'world on fire' effect

ShootingBlanks

OpenDayZ Guru!
When a heli or plane crashes the small fire and smoke looks great ... but then that hideous fire erupts all over and just ruins it. its just a poorly done effect.
My question: Does anyone have any idea of how this fire effect could be disabled? We want to keep the immediate crashsite fire and smoke but eliminate the world is on fire.

thanks ..

I fixed this a little bit, dosnt work perfect tho, would like a propper fix at some point tho too, to busy and to lazy to try figure it out myself

Server_funtions.sqf

bis_effects_airdestruction = {};
bis_effects_airdestruction2 = {};
BIS_Effects_Burn ={};

As i say sometimes it seems to hit sometimes it dosnt, we are experimenting with something else tomorrow, will post back and let u know.

I never get this bug anymore when others on my server do and I've never figured out what I changed to stop it happening

only thing I can think of is that I added -world=empty to my launch parameters, and also that I started using the blastcore_fx mod

bis_effects_airdestruction = {};
bis_effects_airdestruction2 = {};
BIS_Effects_Burn ={};​

With all 3 of these lines the planes/helis crashed would burn for just a moment then nothing. No world on fire but no smoke or fire either. The crashsites didn't have any smoke.
So I removed the bis_effects_airdestruction2 = {}; just to randomly try something and it seems to work. When a plane or heli crashes we have the normal fire and smoke but no skyfire effect. Been 12 hours and a half dozen crashed heli's and seems to be working.

*shurgs* my crash sites smoke just fine lol but yeh it dosnt do the crazy air fire, but i want to eventually remove the heavy smoke off player crashes, they cause wayyyy to much fps loss on busy air heavy servers

Very nice gorsy!! Btw i got panthera loot fixed(it seems).

Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

using the whole mission file, or did u figure out which one was causing it? I did try about 30 different files with no luck, still using the 1.7 coding called for by the mission pbo tho :(

Yes but yesterday night i joined and it was broken.so nobody could join in .so i tooked it out ...

Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Yes same here, I had the same thing, players were reporting wrong server version error. Removed the 2 extra lines and people were able to re-join.

Back