The 'What would you like to see' thread?

Interesting. Would be nice if it were able to give pain and/or shock to another player depending on where it hit them. Of course, you'll have the same issue as crossbows... no sights.

slingshots IRL dont have sights ;)
slingshots are pritty hard to aim IRL and i by no means accurate , but if u can hit a rough area like a wall or something and it will attract a zombie i guess it will serve its purpose

Add a dusty filter to the game. All the models in 2017 are amazing, but they seem SO out of place with the nice green and lush landscape. Wasteland mod did, can 2017 pull it off? I'd scream like a little girl if it could.

Shouldn't it be green and lush? This is a different kind of apocalypse from the one in Wasteland. With this, nature wouldn't have been impacted; nature, in fact, would've taken over - think New York in I Am Legend. Take a look at the work of Yves Marchand & Romain Meffre - The Ruins of Detroit.

Vufcq.jpg

xEwyA.jpg

Z2hrl.jpg

This is a perfect example of what would happen in a situation like this. What really should happen is that more buildings should be ruined and more lush and green should be making it's way into places like Electro and Chernarus. Right now, it looks too clean, but only because it doesn't show the kind of reclamation that would occur after a zombie apocalypse. The towns should be more lush and green - overgrown and broken down. The air should be clear and not dusty. The contrast nature's beauty against a world where zombies exist and people kill one another for food makes DayZ (and DayZ 2017 even more so) strangely beautiful in its horror. Like the contrast shown in the WWII film, The Thin Red Line.

It just seems like there's just something missing, the models feel so out of place. Maybe there should be more greenery in towns? It kind of feels like the towns are missing something completely, like they weren't effected by the apocalypse.

Oh, I agree... it would be great to have more reclamation by nature... grass growing through the pavement, etc... Kind of like what you see in that third picture, above.

To me Chenarus is lacking in realistic colors.Yes the grass growing more wild will add to the look but the fact remains that Chenarus is too bright and cheery color wise.Just go into editor and load up the proving grounds map.....set weather to half and fog to half and place your self on the bottom of the map on road.Now walk the whole length of the road thru the map to see what just realistic cold season textures would do to Dayz.You will also notice that the trees are bare lending even more to the cold winter feel.What can help though is remove the loss of color with bloodloss and instead choose where the mod looks moody and leave it there.

What happened in the world that makes the color scheme your suggesting more realistic? It sounds to me like you're not really talking about realism, but some abstract mood or tone because it's a zombie survival game. Currently, Chernarus has sunny days where it looks cheery and beautiful, rainy days where it's not cheerful at all, and days where it's a mix of both. How is that not realistic? Why would that realistically change?

Not what I meant as I am all for weather changes.What I mean is that the Chenarus map,when at full health,seems almost fluorescent.The game looks better when your somewhere at middle blood amount....imo.It becomes too vibrant color wise when at full health.And also the map itself is not the best looking texture wise.Maybe adding in the "landtex" mod can help?

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q327/rscarrab/Landtex---BeforeAfter.jpg

http://www.clan-gign.net/gzone/images/stories/arma2/3-landtext_01.jpg

Hi guys - really loving dayz 2017 so far

I had my first go on the autogyro last night and it was fantastic fun - thanks so much for including it in. The only issue I had with it (apart from the repair issue) was that it clearly only has one seat (so it is only really useful for recon and single person transport). Obviously, putting large aircraft in dayz 2017 doesn't really fit with the ethos of the mod. However, looking on Armaholic I did see this 2-seater microlight mod made by konyo (I can't post a link as I'm new - but if you google "konyo microlight arma2 arrowhead" it should be the first result).

If you could ask konyo for permission and were able to implement this aircraft (perhaps with a dirty grey wing) it would make for a fantastic vehicle that I think would really fit with the post-apocalyptic setting (especially if you had to fix it up from parts).

Also, I would agree that the CZ550 probably isn't a good fit for dayz 2017 - as its power and range make it fairly unbalanced compared to the existing weapons. However I do think some rifles would make sense - things like .22LR rifles (perhaps just bolt action ones, not fast-firing semi-auto) would logically still be available in a 2017 scenario (since the military weapons are all gone, and the number of .22LR rifles and ammo in private hands at the start of the outbreak would likely be very high in a relatively agricultural area - for pest control). Such a .22LR rifle would have relatively poor damage (maybe 1500 blood damage per hit) but still accurate up to 150m and possibly mounted with a low magnification scope, so pretty good for headshotting zombies. That said - this would be a challenge (as it may require a new weapon mod and ammo), though would it be possible to tweak the CZ550 to have less power/range/noise to approximate a .22lr rifle?

Also, any chance of a higher spawn rate of motorbikes? They are rather loud and can't hold a lot of gear - but they are relatively easy to repair and hide - so a vehicle which may well survive a zombie apocalypse for 5 years.

Finally, I think it has been said that the NWAF and stary are quite a bit less populated than in vanilla dayz due to the lack of military gear drops. One way you may want to encourage people up north (as well as making top-end medical supplies appear only in miltary tents/barracks as suggested earlier) - make some stuff that won't throw off the balance (like an m9 SD/makarov SD or GPS) spawn at a low rate in the barracks and maybe make the king hobo pack spawn at barracks too. That means the best bag you can get from the cities is the 20 slot one - for those extra 4 slots you need to adventure north. Antibiotics are also pretty important now (considering how rare food is and the constant temptation to eat the "special" meat) so making antibiotics spawn in all military building (but at a very low rate) would increase exploration of these currently ignored areas.

Edit: Just remembered this one: Okay it is a bit of a sadist request - but I found that the zombies in dayz+ (where they do ~1k blood damage per hit) are a big improvement over the vanilla ones. As you get really worried about being hit by one - which adds to the stress of going into towns and getting overrun (plus it makes agroing forest zombies very dangerous - as it should be). If you could implement a similar change in dayz+ it would make the zombies a lot more of a threat and imho add to the atmosphere of the 2017 mod.

TLDR Version:
- Add microlights (get permission to use the existing microlight mod)
- Introduce .22LR rifles (or change the cz550 somehow to act like one)
- Higher spawn rate of motorcycles
- At NWAF barracks start spawning SD pistols, GPS and king hobo pack to encourage adventuring north
- At all military buildings have a very small spawn chance of antibiotics
- Zombies do a lot more damage (similar to in dayz+)

Is there anyway to have it so that canteens are permanently tied to backpacks and get rid of canteens laying around?Starting tweaker pack has one,tinker pack has two and king hobo pack has four canteens attached to it.

I did think of doing that, but it means a model swap everytime, so a bit like where you change skin to a ghillie, hero, bandit it refreshes into first person and then player rearms there weapon again.

Is a .22 LR actually.
See ammo classname: "5x_22_LR_17_HMR"

OT:
The CZ550 should still be in the game, with somewhat common ammo, as it IS a .22, and .22's are an EXTREMELY common survivalist weapon.

Less than 0.1% chance of a spawning normal AK47's in residential with 1 mag, and extremely rare (0.01%) mag spawns. Because it's Russia, of course it has AK's. Even in the Zombie Apocalypse, though most of the ammo has been used up by now.

Possible Stock M4A1's or M16A2's in Barracks at a 0.01% or lower chance, again, same as above, but even more rare.
It's still a US Army base, even if most of the military hardware has been used up by now.
(Also M9's Maybe.)

Some type of integration of DayZ+ Features, such as harder hitting zombies (1500 blood damage/hit), and some type of crafting system where we can build ghetto weapons/items/buildings.

After reading around some:
I see most of this has already been said, but i still feel like i should put it here, just to reinforce it.

Is a .22 LR actually.
See ammo classname: "5x_22_LR_17_HMR"

That is a very interesting point - so I guess DayZ/Arma2 does have .22 rifles. Though you may understand my confusion since the cz550 does 8000 blood damage in dayz (the same as 7.62 rifles like the M14), instead of the much lower relative damage a .22 weapon would do.

I really like the idea of having a fair number of AK type weapons - but it is the ammunition not the weapons that are super-rare.

Just a quick update (I really need to take time to respond to all, but I am, be assured reading them all).

I am now working on ammo and there are some new guns coming in, contingent on testing.

Shotgun shells will be replaced by single cartridges.

AK Mags will be reduced from holding 30 to just 5. And the models will be semi only (no full auto). I did try single bullets here, but it just looks silly to reload a magazine for each bullet.

The CZ will be coming into game, but clips will be replaced with single bullets.

The Lee Enfield will be going and will be replaced with a Mosin Nagent (Vintovka Mosina)

I am now working on ammo and there are some new guns coming in, contingent on testing.

Shotgun shells will be replaced by single cartridges. How about the MR43? Other than possible DoubleBarrel OPness it sounds good.

AK Mags will be reduced from holding 30 to just 5. And the models will be semi only (no full auto). I did try single bullets here, but it just looks silly to reload a magazine for each bullet. Which types of AKs? also will there be different textures? Kinda like the slightly rusted/taped up look on AKs

The CZ will be coming into game, but clips will be replaced with single bullets. Same stats otherwise?

The Lee Enfield will be going and will be replaced with a Mosin Nagent (Vintovka Mosina) Same stats? Other than that it looks mostly the same from what i can see.

First off got to say love the direction this is going in, more variety of guns but much less ammo and fewer animal spawns, great stuff.

Something i'd love to see is molotov cocktails, crafted using whiskey bottle, bandage and filled at a fuel tank, matches needed to actually use, takes a long time to throw as the bandage has to be lit with the matches, if the thrower is shot during this period the molotov will be dropped setting the throwers ass on fire.

Could be lots of fun but maybe a little OP, so there should be lots of risk/disadvantages involved in carrying one,
maybe only one can be carried at a time, chance of randomly going off when being lit and gets ruined if you go underwater.

The plan to change the ammunition amounts sounds great - it will make engaging in combat a much more costly affair (both in terms of resources and risk of death). Also with the CZ you will have to be a good shot if you are firing at players since a reload after every shot could be enough time for your target to kill you if you miss the first time.

That said, if each single bullet takes up 1 inventory slot then it will make carrying these rounds difficult (which I suppose it could be argued is a good thing). Would it be possible to do something like the ammuntion combines used for the double barrel shotgun and M24 (where M1014 and DMR mags can be spit to provide these rounds) for the CZ550? Where maybe you find a box of five rounds as loot, but these need to be split to 5 individual cz550 rounds to be fired in the rifle.

Mosin Nagant plan sounds great - I love the enfield but the Mosin Nagant is a fantastic rifle and suits the setting a lot more.

Back