[Tutorial] Snow added to Dynamic Weather

absolutely just take the antihack off your server while testing. Wherever you are calling it, just // in front of it of the call line

I never put any on there ......

BE in the server.cfg I already disabled and there is one mentioned in the init.sqf of my mission.pbo which I already disabled with the //

But having said this even though these two are disabled it still did not make it snow :-(

What's the deal with the error I posted further up are they causing any mojor problems? I mean the game started and it was snowing ....

We were referring to other types of antihacks. Battleye wont interfere with this. Nor should built in antihacks. That is not your problem.

Now some question I should not ask but I have to.... I have never played DayZ without Epoch hence I don't know what the difference is but I kept reading that a lot of the scripts don't get so well along with Epoch ....

If I would now stay away from Epoch what would I miss compared to the actual gaming?

Don't get me wrong ... I like playing this with Epoch and just these two scripts ( snow and lift and tow ) are just not going to work on my server

Last edited:
epoch has Rmod built into it, which gives you the ability to "militarize" your server more (more guns and vehicles from arma). It has more vehicles naturally built into it. It has a base building system built into it, along with traders and a currency system. None of that is in regular dayz. Try googling the differences between them. Im personally not a huge fan of epoch, but its a good mod none the less and probably the most popular dayz mod other than regular dayz itself. Most of the scripts Ive seen work well on epoch with some small alterations. You can try using http://dayzepoch.com/ as well, since the entire site is for epoch. If you really want to see what regular dayz is like, you're more than welcome to hop on my server. Vampire also has a pretty decent Epoch server which has some unique custom modifications, if you want to get an idea of some of the things you can do. Good luck

It seems to be installed correctly. Did you just not notice any weather?

It could be working correctly and It just didn't snow, as it is dynamic and doesn't snow all the time.

I'd also try to find that error in your RPT as it looks pretty nasty.

is it possible you pulled and edited the wrong file from your client side dayz_code and that's where these errors are coming from? Have you tried backing up your server, wiping it clean , giving it a fresh install and seeing if these errors are in the log before you modify the server? Then add the mods one by one and check the logs? Best I can do for ya man...
Another thought, Namalsk hasn't been updated in many months, and they've definitely upgraded epoch since then.... I wonder if you're having some kind of conflict there?

is it possible you pulled and edited the wrong file from your client side dayz_code and that's where these errors are coming from? Have you tried backing up your server, wiping it clean , giving it a fresh install and seeing if these errors are in the log before you modify the server? Then add the mods one by one and check the logs? Best I can do for ya man...
Another thought, Namalsk hasn't been updated in many months, and they've definitely upgraded epoch since then.... I wonder if you're having some kind of conflict there?

His selfActions and such looked fine, and Namalsk was a "final" release that was working. When you play Namalsk you are playing 0.75.

Epoch doesn't use any of the Namalsk code, it just dual launches both and uses Namalsk's map.

Thanks for your help so far .... I guess i am moving back to square one.

There is something going wrong here .. what and how I am not certain right now but there is more than one thing not working right...

- Compared to Chernarus or Lingor the weather seems to nice ..... couple of clouds but no rain or such.
- Another script that should work ( lift and tow ) is not working either

So I wipe the server clean, go trough a reinstall of the dayz commander files for the map and start over.

First I have to say again

Thank you for your patience and your time you took in order to help me

I did now reinstall the whole server, reinstalled all the dayz commander map files and now it finally snows :)

The other script what did not want to work ( R3F Lift/Tow ) works now also but I have to figure out how to stop the vehicles "humping" each other like dogs in heat :eek:

Selfbloodbag and Service Script are working as well

Last edited:
LOL ..... for testing reasons I exchanged the values Rain and Snow to 0 / 100 and now I got lightning and thunder while it snows ....

Now we need the snow to stay on the ground and everything is cool ....... just kidding I easily can imagine what this would do to the performance of most servers and computers ....

Yes indeed. Good thing namalsk already has snow on the ground in the high places. Do you run full day/night cycles?

Yes indeed. Good thing namalsk already has snow on the ground in the high places. Do you run full day/night cycles?

yeah at the moment ..... I tried already to figure a way out how to set i.e 3 hours daytime / 1 hour nighttime but to no avail so far .....

I am still experimenting around wit all the stuff possible ...my plan is to get at the beginning of march from private to public .....

have you ever heard of this package http://opendayz.net/threads/wip-release-sheeps-epoch-repack.14561/

sounds interesting but have not yet figured out for what maps this is or if this is chernarus only.

Back