Want help to development @DayzTaviana?

Hey Alex, thanks for releasing the files. The community loves it down under :)

I've actually just finished up all the server-side "fixes" that I wanted to do for now, so I'm fairly free. Would be happy to help Taviana is it has the most potential I've seen since Panthera.

I do believe Taviana could benefit from some more development in a few areas:

Some kind of public movement:
The map is huge, which is awesome! I've got roughly 200 vehicle spawns on mine (average vehicle population = 80) and it's still very hard for players to get around. I've initially thought a lot about using the railway, as it's extensive and very well designed. I've only been working through the map the last 2-3 days so it may not need any public transport, it would definately set the map apart if there was a working trainline though!​
It's beta so there's room for polish in the usual areas, wreckage on towns, spawn, loot (MrShernai\dayzland actually did a really good job here from what I've seen so far)

Would you be up for a mumble\TS\vent\skype chat? Would be good to get an idea of what you need and see if my skillset is appropriate from improving DayzTaviana

I just wanted to express my support for this. We have a really helpful community here so I'm sure you'll be able to find people to assist such as Graz. We're just getting down to the real work on 2017 so I'll have my hands full or I would volunteer to help as well. In the mean time feel free to use the OpenDayZ TS3 server if you need a place to chat. it is opendayz.typefrag.com port 26055 and the password is 'beans'. Good luck to you guys. I am really enjoying the map and can't wait to see what improvements or additions you all come up with!

Today Vilayer &CO start to release his own DayzTaviana
And they start to sell map on servers.

Ayan delete my mod files from Bliss support, and I think DC commander go to delete our @DayzTaviana mod also

any idea what I can do?

Alex, your welcome to ask people to help here and anyone is welcome to take up the offer, but it does not mean opendayz.net affiliates or takes any sides in any disputes. We are a collection of individuals who help each other out and on different projects. Hope you understand, Shin.

Today Vilayer &CO start to release his own DayzTaviana
And they start to sell map on servers.

Ayan delete my mod files from Bliss support, and I think DC commander go to delete our @DayzTaviana mod also

any idea what I can do?
I am about to stick my foot up Vilayer's ass. I have had enough of them fucking us over for a bit of money. Start another riot. I will pass out the pitchforks, anyone else want to grab the torches?

EDIT: AYAN do not delete the files off of Bliss and Lee has dotjosh by the balls as well, so most likely its going to be removed/replaced by commander.

EDIT2: I will still give out the pitchforks, but I will not sharpen them until I see a source. :)

Just had a chat to JB

<08:02:28> "Graz": Hey I heard you were releasing a version of Taviana? Will it be dayzland.eu or the other one?
<08:02:58> "J.B. - Vilayer.com": it has been released already
<08:03:09> "J.B. - Vilayer.com": it is not the EU version
<08:03:19> "Graz": So there is now 3 versions?
<08:04:32> "Graz": Vilayer, Dayland.eu & DayzTaviana.com?
<08:05:42> "J.B. - Vilayer.com": we are running dayztaviana.com

First suggestion would be to contact dayztaviana.com and see if you can integrate, one combined version would be amazing for the community, it would also mean pooled resources.

First suggestion would be to contact dayztaviana.com and see if you can integrate, one combined version would be amazing for the community, it would also mean pooled resources.

Joking? integrate to 1.7.4.4 is alredy in my 1.2.0 release what I go to integrate?
Hicks make copy past of Dayz 1.7.4.4 + Taviana map in 1 directory = DayzTaviana.com
No configs for new buildings, no loot spawns (I think like 30+ buildigs without configs and loot)

We maked DayzTaviana, many time before Taviana stay to be very popular and is our work and our mod name.
I think so.

Also Martin creator of Taviana very angry about this situation, because we work with him to make together DayzTaviana mod. Martin support Dayz for DayzLand developer team.

----------------------------------
Dear DayZ community,

At the request of my friend Alejandro, I can confirm that his team ‘DayzTaviana’ from (DayzLand.eu) where the first to contact me about porting DayZ to Taviana Island. I was contacted about a month or two before Taviana Island was completed and released to the public, and have worked with Mr, Shernai hand in hand to make sure that the user experience of DayzTaviana is at the best possible level. We also tirelessly worked hand in hand to make sure that as many issues with the island where identified and corrected to provide the user with the best possible experience of Taviana Island as a standalone addon, and as a part of DayzTaviana.

Apart from working hand in hand with the DayzTaviana tam on the mod, the team also prepared configuration files for all the models used on Taviana without which the island could not be released to the public as a standalone addon or as part of the DayzTaviana mod.
It was a privilege for me to work with these great people and I cannot thank them enough for the time that they put in to this to help not only me but the whole ArmA community.

Yours Sincerely

- Martin (The creator of Taviana Island)
----------------------------------------

EDIT: AYAN do not delete the files off of Bliss and Lee has dotjosh by the balls as well, so most likely its going to be removed/replaced by commander.
https: // github.com / ayan4m1 / DayZ-Private
not delete only removed/replaced :(
And other non Vilayer community admin with Bliss server-side want to take Bliss for DayzTaviana mod.
What I go to say...........

I'm not really interested in ganking the community again like panthera.

I'm on ts3.ausarma.org under graz - dnd. Jump on for a txt chat as I'm still at work, there might be a fast solution :)

EDIT: Obviously keen on helping the development still :p

Cant belive where being forced to play .Coms shity buggy poor ass version because of Vilayer, im sick and tired of them fucking things up. yet again because of them there are to versions of one map out. but because Bliss is supporting them, were stuck with there shit

Domain Name: DAYZTAVIANA.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS1.VILAYER.COM
Name Server: NS2.VILAYER.COM
Updated Date: 03-dec-2012
Creation Date: 29-nov-2012
Expiration Date: 29-nov-2013

No-one is forcing u to use .com version....

Just use https://github.com/p-schneider/DayZ-Private

Works fine here....
I am currently running 2 servers using the dayzland.eu version

Tweaks are
some performance fixs from razors github for new dayz version,
fred preformance fixes,
auto-refueling from .com version,
changed the spawning code back to more like dayz i.e random spot based off map markers
random starting loadouts
custom weapons + crashites

And both servers are almost full atm

I am forced to use them, because DayZ.ST have stated they can no longer host it as Bliss will not be supporting it anymore. Also it will be removed from Commander soon, which means traffic for the EU version will soon be sparse compared to the .com version.
As ST host everything for DayZCommander now im hoping they can work something out though

Is not correct what hosting forse Clients what mod they can play. It mean they rent server, but in this situation Audio Rejectz they rent mod!!!

Very true, but not much can be done about it unless your willing to take legal action. I'm not sure you can do much about a free mod of a free mod.

Best way is to continue to develop Taviana and the community will demand it come back. Any help needed alex shoot me a message or hunt me down on TS

we have a taviana with 1.1.0 on dayzf.zedar.com.ar:2402 and there is no problem to use that server to test new version, the biggest latin amercian community of dayz support the official modders of taviana ;)

I am happy now :D our host now supports DayZland's version again after a lot of us kicked off at how unhappy we were with the .com version

The drama continues...so I thought that the non alex-version was by a load of independent guys, has it now transpired that they are working for vilayer now? It could just be that they have a webhosting account with vilayer?

Back