Whats the best DayZ Server Hosting (Not a VPS)

alexlawson

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
I have been using a vps for some time now but the cost compared to some game server hosting is too high in wondering what the best UK dayz server host any reply would be helpfull.

Thanks

Well its kinda hard to choose from a large variety but i use DayZ.st are they are simple $25 a month to run and i think there kinda easy to run the problem is there is NO support from them at all so if things go wrong and then there is survival servers which is $20 a month? and it comes with a anti hack but honestly there control panel sucks and lags way to much and then the last one i heard is Vilayer servers which to me seems like top of the line...i dont know much about them but they can get costy but there also very good sorry i couldent help to much but those are just some popular ones ive heard of

I believe some of my community members have spoken with you before. We are =Ghost Division= or =GD=. I have been hosting DayZ servers for about a year now. Currently I am working on launching a Game Server Rental business. Unfortuantely my experiences working with DayZ have not been positive enough to continue, or to include it within games I shall rent. The issue is scripts and scripters. The quality of code and support available is just non existent. I am about to close what was a popular server because we just cannot find a responsible and capable person to manage its scripts and db. The very best ones grow weary and leave. So although we love the game, we are about to throw in the towel. Now, if I had a scripter, one who could actually do good work and be consistent, I would be willing to give them a server of their own. But I doubt even that would be enough incentive at this point. Seems anyone who can script often does not manage a community well, and often those who can manage often cannot script. Only a handful of operators seem capable of both. I wish I was one, but the scripting for this game is a disaster. Even paying for service is insufficient because I cannot find anyone responsible who follows through like a big boy. It sucks having to let players down because you cannot find that one needed techie. :-( Anyhow, if you want a good server, and are willing to consider my offer, get in touch.

They all suck. I had best results with DayZ.ST however. Still they suck. I am building a server rental company presently and will be opening for business in a few weeks. Making good progress. But if you want good cheap service that works most but not all the time, go to DayZ.ST, its got nice panel and runs well enough for $35 a month.

Regards,

=GD= Mordy

i use vilayer and really like it a lot its 35 bucks a month , i get a great control panel , and ftp , installation of any mod and or map(of dayz not scripts)is simple clicks through the cpanel as is database and several scripts and add on tools like admin tools and battle-eye etc.

Also have access to the databases after through root or users so full control, if you had your own site you could even connect via phpmysql. Also access to all PBO's to draw files from then its got a custom folder for all your scripts etc so you never have to recompile, just link your customs.

Customer support is ok they don't tolerate much and are short a lot in their help, but still ive gotten help every time and usually in a timely manner , sometimes i have to wait (no more then a day) but they are a big company so its understandable. they have also reimbursed me when there has been delays to getting my service 100% .. that being said the server itself speed,up time etc has been damn near 99% so i really cant complain most down-age was usually caused by me or error. what else can i say... i recommend

"I highly recommend verthosting. Support is unmatched"

Not true, we respond to support tickets within 10 minutes on average at peak times and even quicker off peak within working hours. We work 365 11 hours a day, we are also a team and not a "One Man Band".

Our prices are very competitive and we offer a much better service than any provider named here proven via many customers coming over from those companies and all say the best 2 features of GTXGaming are #1 Support being the best they have ever seen and #2 No Lag and No Desync & the lowest pings.

Furthermore we also offer free infiSTAR AntiHacks with every game server sold.

We have a 24 hour refund policy should there be any network / hardware issues.

All in all I think we should be mentioned not because we want your money, because we want to prove we have the best service going in 2014 and no provider including vilayer can compare to us, that comes direct from our TRUE customer testimonials. We currently host over 300 servers and all in just a couple of months. We have been hosting servers since 2008 but DayZ is a new service we offer and already we have a vast amount of knowledge.

Verthosting all the way, awesome support , great prices and amazing performance. Definetly do not use vilayer, ordered a server waited 2 days to get it and then waited 6 days for support to contact me about a simple problem and they only responded because I requested a refund on PayPal and they still didn't answer the question.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lots of back and forth here. I would say it depends on everyones personal experience. I have had personal experience with both dayz.st and vilayer. Personally, I like vilayer better simply because you have more access/control.. and the fact that you don't need to pack/unpack PBO's or delete your existing server/mission file to upload any edit you do. All the server editing/modding with Vilayer is done live with an FTP client. No deleting your existing file and then uploading the newer edited version.
However, Dayz.st has some nice features that make life easier especially for new admins. Some of the settings are pretty straight forward on the control panel. The automatic BEC set up is gold, and there are even some cool features like setting your server to always day.

The thing is with either of these hosts, once you've edited/modded your server and you're no longer using default files, they absolutely will not help you. I understand why, and it makes sense, but it sucks.

One thing with Vilayer that is especially annoying, every once in awhile they'll offer some kind of addon in their addon section. It's a one click install (which sucks because you have no idea where or what it's installing exactly) and that's it. They usually will not help you with any questions you may have about this feature, even though they offer it. Then one day, they'll simply remove this feature from the addon section and you're basically shit out of luck depending on the circumstances. For example, many of you might have heard about the antihack fiasco. They offered infiSTAR from some 3rd part DZAH I believe. When it was installed, they hid the actual file from you so you couldn't white list any actions or anything like that. Then one day, the DZAH page was down and the link was removed from Vilayers page, and everyone who had spent money on it was screwed.
They've had similar things happen in the past when they used to offer 1 click installs for things like self blood bag.

So I guess the point Im making is, you're going to get a different answer no matter who you ask. :)

Back