Another "Wait for Host" issue.

Thanks a million!

So it seems like there are more recent tutorials on how to modify and customize a DayZ epoch server.

So SB, you do run an Epoch server?! Do you have it setup where you have full admin capability and can teleport people, etc? BTW, is this a game that requires a great deal of time to play for missions, base building etc??

I've tried one a few weeks back, it's quite different from normal DayZ, as it had base building, hero and bandit missions, etc. Can you suggest a source where I can read up on Epoch?

BTW, how did you get into training race horses?? How long have you lived in Ohio?

I removed almost all the traders. I believe in NO LOOT .. Dayz is about desperation, fear and need, Epoch gives you everything .. it sucks. But I like how nothing is banned. So I actually have an Overpoch server. I do not believe in admin tools when the server is running, admins should play like everyone else. While testing I do use infistar so I can teleport and not get eaten by zombies ... I could probably make a script about 4 lines long that would do what I need without infistar .. but its convenient to spawn in weapons too .. for testing, again, I remove ALL admin tools when servers are online.

The games are what you make them. If you want to do missions, do the missions .. or not. It doesnt matter. The base building is a good addition but then if regular players are on the server they cry like bitches when it gets destroyed .. they forget that they are supposed to be making a base HIDDEN .. nope, they want an indestructable base right out in the open. and they want safezones so nobody will shoot them at the traders. and they want their cars to lock so nobody can steal them .. whats the point of playing the game then? Its my belief that Epoch and now Overpoch have killed the game by removing the entire point of playing the game .. FEAR, DESPERATION, STARVATION,DISTRUST.

I don't think that I know what I would be doing for that..... might need your help. If you have time.

Well SB, you are my age! I am a year younger than you.

You have done many interesting things in your life, quite the variety of experiences too.

Thanks for sharing.

AM

• now comes the hard part, editing the mysql database. the epoch download will have an sql folder with some sql files in it. You need to start the database (start_dayz.bat file) and then you have to open the database using your hiedisql or mysqlworkbench and create a database named epoch. Then you need to execute the epoch sql files on that database to create the tables and functions.

Not sure if I know how to do that... I will probably pester you for some help.

Thanks for sharing about your experiences, you have done many interesting things in life. BTW, I am 1 year younger than you are.

I understand about the cold. I live in Alberta, Canada and it can get down to -45°C or about -47F. (didn't convert it properly) The only thing I now enjoy doing in the cold is ice fishing, sledding or wishing for summer to come.

I figure that having a place in Maui would be nice.

Last edited:
I don't think that I know what I would be doing for that..... might need your help. If you have time.

Well SB, you are my age! I am a year younger than you.

You have done many interesting things in your life, quite the variety of experiences too.

Thanks for sharing.

AM
thats one thing I like about this game. It really seems to appeal to the older crowd, not enough action and stimulation for teens ..

made a video showing how to create and edit a the epoch database .. will post shortly.

Yeah, I preferred Saratoga where it would stay below zero all winter. Ohio is just at that temp where its damp, sun never shines at all and just where it snows every night and then melts in the day so its muddy. ...

Last edited:
I thank you in advance for the video. :)

And I agree with you on the crowd that DayZ seems to attract. I have found more people my age who play DayZ and its mods than the younger crowd.

I removed almost all the traders. I believe in NO LOOT .. Dayz is about desperation, fear and need, Epoch gives you everything .. it sucks. But I like how nothing is banned. So I actually have an Overpoch server. I do not believe in admin tools when the server is running, admins should play like everyone else. While testing I do use infistar so I can teleport and not get eaten by zombies ... I could probably make a script about 4 lines long that would do what I need without infistar .. but its convenient to spawn in weapons too .. for testing, again, I remove ALL admin tools when servers are online.

So regarding Epoch, if you have removed most traders and don't believe in loot, then how do you gather items, tools, weapons, etc?? What is the main point of playing? How do you play Epoch??

There is loot spawning, just not where you walk into the firestation and there is a rifle on every floor. I have ai wandering around and you need to get gear from them. There are also friendly AI and civilian AI that you can recruit to work with you.
I have nearly ZERO food spawn. Force players to hunt, build fires, cook, boil water.

Well, that does sound like fun.

It's simply the DayZ version of Wasteland. Well, that may be a gross exaggeration.

Last edited:
I really like wasteland ... the only thing that can make wasteland better would be zombies ...
Here is your video of how easy it is to create a database for a private server.

My son and I also like wasteland. The issue for us is that since about 5 months ago, Arma2 can not view any online servers. Not sure what is up with that.

My son and I also like wasteland. The issue for us is that since about 5 months ago, Arma2 can not view any online servers. Not sure what is up with that.

I installed a wasteland mission on Arma3 and it had a system to mark each city as owned by a faction and you received money for each city captured and retaining them. it was pretty polished and worked great, added something to the game and I have wanted to setup something like that for Dayz. If you destroy the zombies in a city, it stays clean until restart and its marked as clean on the map.

Trying to connect the MySQLWorkbench to the database and it's complaining of invalid passord. In the sql files I have found password=password but the workbench is not accepting it.

Back