HALO Jumps for dayz

Warning, due a mistake made by dayz developers some code needed to be changed (mission.pbo ini.sqf code):

Old code:

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil { !isNil ("dayzLoginRecord") and  !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 5000 and typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ") and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] < -2000 and (typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ" or typeOf player == "SurvivorW2_DZ") ) and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 0 and (typeOf player == "Bandit1_DZ" or typeOf player == "BanditW1_DZ") ) };

if (dayzPlayerLogin2 select 2) then
        {
            [player, 1000] spawn bis_fnc_halo;
        };
    };
};

New code:

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil { !isNil ("dayz_Totalzedscheck") and  !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 5000 and typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ") and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] < -2000 and (typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ" or typeOf player == "SurvivorW2_DZ") ) and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 0 and (typeOf player == "Bandit1_DZ" or typeOf player == "BanditW1_DZ") ) };

{
        };
    };
};

The mistake is in player_monitor.fsm:

Code:
dayzLoginRecord = [_playerUID,_charID,0];
publicVariable "dayzLoginRecord";

Which should have been:

Code:
dayzLoginRecord = [_playerUID,_charID,0];
publicVariableServer "dayzLoginRecord";

For anyone that is still using dayzLoginRecord - don't.

Just tested the new code, seem to have the same problem with new players spawning in free falling on the ground with option to open chute.

oh yea the other new thing is the build in anti-tp which prevent players being setpos to high altitudes.

No worries I already got ways around it will post soon

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil { !isNil ("dayz_Totalzedscheck") and  !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 5000 and typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ") and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] < -2000 and (typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ" or typeOf player == "SurvivorW2_DZ") ) and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 0 and (typeOf player == "Bandit1_DZ" or typeOf player == "BanditW1_DZ") ) };

{
            _pos = position player;
            "respawn_west" setMarkerPos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1];
        };
    };
};

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil { !isNil ("dayzLoginRecord") and  !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 5000 and typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ") and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] < -2000 and (typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ" or typeOf player == "SurvivorW2_DZ") ) and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 0 and (typeOf player == "Bandit1_DZ" or typeOf player == "BanditW1_DZ") ) };

{
            _pos = position player;
        };
    };
};

Works for me on test server. will put it through its test on the pub server next restart. Thank you!

Is this the updated code for the teleport counter_measures?

Because I still see ("dayzLoginRecord"). The dev mistake is still in the player_monitor.fsm file even in the hotfix 1.7.6.1 Or should this code work?

Just make the edit

waitUntil { !isNil ("dayz_Totalzedscheck")

Ok tested on a populated server. with that edit of waitUntil { !isNil ("dayz_Totalzedscheck") in place of dayzloginrecord. Some people are spawning in on the ground. Dunno what it is. Is it possible my change from you code would create this issue?

Whoops, I made mistake in my post.

First of all, everyone should be using dayz_Totalzedscheck instead of dayzloginRecord.

Second, the "respawn_marker" setmarkerpos code should solve the problem created by the new build in anti-tp.

Third, "respawn_marker" setmarkerpos is just a temporary fix, tomorrow I will solve the problem of players on ground in a more elegant way.

@TeaReks how did you get to your player_monitor.fsm? With dayz.st it seems we don't have access to our @dayz folder.

Hi Hangender I tried to skype you today. Can I reach you somewhere on TS? I am interested in dayz_Totalzedscheck...
Although I am GMT+1

if someone only want HALO SPAWNS!
Here is a tutorial (works nice with 1.7.6.1 and all skins):

1. in your dayz_server.pbo, open server_playerSetup.sqf, change this line:
dayzPlayerLogin2 = [_worldspace,_state];
to
dayzPlayerLogin2 = [_worldspace,_state, _randomSpot];

2. download the attached zip file and unzip the folder "fixes" to your missionfile

3. in your missionfile open init.sqf, go to the end and add these lines:
Code:
//HALO SPAWN SCRIPT

bis_fnc_halo = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\fn_HALO.sqf";

if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {

{
            _pos = position player;
        };
    };
};

FINISHED

Attachments

• fixes.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 74
Edit: Fixed back seat issue

@Hangender I have HALO spawns working well except for a issue where occasionally (under the right circumstances which we do not know) after a player logs out then comes back in they will spawn in HALO jumping in the air again when they should not be. Any idea what could be going wrong?

@Hangender I have HALO spawns working well except for a issue where occasionally (under the right circumstances which we do not know) after a player logs out then comes back in they will spawn in HALO jumping in the air again when they should not be. Any idea what could be going wrong?

I now have this problem on every spawn.

If I have
Code:

instead of

Code:

It always respawns a new character upon login. If I switch it back there is no more halo spawn.

I now have this problem on every spawn.

If I have
Code:

instead of

Code:

It always respawns a new character upon login. If I switch it back there is no more halo spawn.

I think we have narrowed this down a little on my server. It seems that it saves much less often, maybe once every 15 mins and if you were not alive 15 mins ago it respawns you. If you were it puts you where you logged out but with gear that was much older.

Back