Animated Helicrashs 0.1 - Release

Thanks for this! All working good here just one quick question how would i go about increasing the amount of crash sites? I would like a few more spawning in over my 3 hours of uptime before restarts.

Thanks!!

Thanks for this! All working good here just one quick question how would i go about increasing the amount of crash sites? I would like a few more spawning in over my 3 hours of uptime before restarts.

Thanks!!
Check out the first post, "customizations". You have to edit the values in the server_monitor.sqf file.

Grafzahl, this is working great! My server and I appreciates you releasing this to the public. You should hear how worked up they got when they saw this for themselves for the first time. Thanks again!

Grafzahl, this is working great! My server and I appreciates you releasing this to the public. You should hear how worked up they got when they saw this for themselves for the first time. Thanks again!
Thanks man :)

Next version is already in the pipe, but somehow i seem to crash the spawning at all... gonna fix that :-/

Definately a great tool. I figured out what those RPT errors I was getting were. The server_spawnCrashSite.sqf had seevral lines that were duplicated. I removed them and now no more error and it works perfectly!

You left the current cleanup code in from this version and started running an old version of the code that doesn't add the public variable it checks for. Wonder why it doesn't work....

Add this within your spawn_crashsite code

Or if you can't understand that comment out the check for hacker lines in your cleanup with "//"
Um still doesn't work I added the line you told me too. Is there specific place I should place it in? I really do not want to comment out the lines since that would allow more hackers in.

I´m getting some strange "errors" and i really hope that some of you guys can help me.

Current situation :

Running DayZ 1.7.6.1
Server is Reality (latest version)
Map is Chernarus
Sarge AI Framework installed (latest version, which is running fine and flawless)

I´ve installed the above script twice (default installation, no customization) but everytime i get the same issues :

- Only one helicopter is flying around the NEAF, most times its a friendly one. I´ve never seen a different one somewhere else on the map since the crash-script is running, even if the server is running for hours.

- When i shoot down the heli, it crashes to the ground, starts burning and smoking. Everything is fine so far.
BUT when i try to reach the wreck, it suddenly disappears and no crashsite is spawning. It just fades and thats it. Sometimes the body of the dead pilot remains but nothing more. No zeds, no loot nothing.

- I get NO error message in my rpt-file. When i´m searching for crashspawner i get only the "launch" message and thats it.

Any ideas ?

The heli despawning is part of my functionality to avoid people nicking AI choppers.

I guess sth is wrong in your setup for the heli crashes. Try to switch off my framework and see if you get ANY heli crashsites.

cheers, Sarge

We seem to be having some issues with getting this going on our server, a Taviana.com 2.0 server with Dayz.ST.
On first run, I waited for a spawn and noticed a spawn and the co-ordinates it was heading to, went to location, nothing there. Looked in the log, noticed there was nothing after that.

Went to the location the heli spawned in (8582.35,14077.7,0) and as I suspected, could see it under the water.
I changed the location they spawn at to be on top of the east volcano, rebooted the server and waited.
Then got this in the RPT;
19:19:49 "CRASHSPAWNER: UH-1H started flying from [13401.1,16399,0] to NOW!(TIME:60||LT:Military)"
19:19:49 "CRASHSPAWNER: Adding Pre-POC-Waypoint #1 on [11174.6,13924.6]"

There were no further updates after that, it's hanging after this. I went to both locations and the path between the two and there is no sign the heli being crashed or anything. I also checked out the "safe" location I could see within the file, nothing there, tried changing that location and rebooting, same result.

Anyone able to help me out here and at least point me in the direction of what it could be?

Thanks

We seem to be having some issues with getting this going on our server, a Taviana.com 2.0 server with Dayz.ST.
On first run, I waited for a spawn and noticed a spawn and the co-ordinates it was heading to, went to location, nothing there. Looked in the log, noticed there was nothing after that.

Went to the location the heli spawned in (8582.35,14077.7,0) and as I suspected, could see it under the water.
I changed the location they spawn at to be on top of the east volcano, rebooted the server and waited.
19:19:49 "CRASHSPAWNER: UH-1H started flying from [13401.1,16399,0] to NOW!(TIME:60||LT:Military)"

There were no further updates after that, it's hanging after this. I went to both locations and the path between the two and there is no sign the heli being crashed or anything. I also checked out the "safe" location I could see within the file, nothing there, tried changing that location and rebooting, same result.

Anyone able to help me out here and at least point me in the direction of what it could be?

Thanks

I kinda have the same issue. I use static coords on Taviana and see the heli taking off:
13:03:16 "CRASHSPAWNER: Mi17_DZ started flying from [6993.7,173.053,300] to [17697.9,7473.53] NOW!(TIME:10||LT:Military)"
13:03:17 "CRASHSPAWNER: Adding Pre-POC-Waypoint #1 on [17697.9,7473.53]"

Then after that, nothing happens.

Edit: dunno why but now the heli crashed. To be continued.

Quick question to any one who got this working..

I'm very careful when playing with code :) could you explain to me where i should put this in?

Code:
  "heliCrash" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        _list = nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
        {deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;
    };

in this

Code:
//Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
};

I don't know if this playermonitor is standard or a dayz.st custom...

whould the code just go in there or should it go to the player_monitor.sqf" that this string reference to?

Edit: Another question, the script is now implemented on my server (with out cleanup script) and its beautiful. But the Mi17_DZ is not spawning Zeds.

Is this a common error with a fix? or is it me who is a tool?

Edit 2: I'm a tool, Sorry :)
If Mi17_DZ is flying, its spawning an Mi8-Wreck at the Position of the Crash (doesnt trigger zombiespawn right now)
Sorry for being noobish, and thank you for this amazing scripts...

Best regards

Alstrom

If you look closely is says flying from [13401.1,16399,0] to NOW!, meaning it has no goal coordinates. Are you running static cords or not? If you are make sure you have them listed properly, otherwise that might be the problem, it doesn't know where to fly!

When I try and log in I get "something went wrong disconnect and try again" I followed the directions to the letter and rechecked file locations, anyone else get this issue?

attached is the most recent rpt log

Attachments

• rpt.txt
    202.8 KB · Views: 2
Back