BanZ Union - Shared ban list between reputable server owners

Please show your interest in the BanZ Union

• Total voters
Perhaps my criteria for cheating only includes the obvious and confirmed teleporting or other clear cut infractions. Our server is in 78th percentile for popularaty , often 35/40 during evenings.

I don't usually take out the ban stick, but when I do I mean it.

As promised, the list is now live. It starts with this first small release, but the numbers will grow.

Merry christmas everybody

www.banzunion.com

(download list from downloads page)

Thank you :) It is nowhere near finished yet, but christmas is a very busy time. It will all be finished soon. For now it's not too bad though!

I am scouting for new union members who can add to the bans list, but I can't do that until after Christmas. I will sort through the dozens of emails of server owners asking to join once I have time. Sorry I don't mean to ignore anyone that messages but I just don't have the time to admit new people for a few days. Hope you all understand. I wish you all a merry christmas, Doc.

PS, the list will still automatically update every 12 hours if new bans are added by current members.

Fair enough. So just FYI:
We are using the pyBEscanner to automaticly detect hackers and unknown script. The unknown script will be reviewed on daily base. In addition we found a solution for hackers using a BE bypass.... not for all, but for some of them.

Our server is highly ranked on gametracker.... even we lost a few places due to a 24h serverdown :/

Very nice Idea and I woudl be interested. I also worked on a community whitelist, but it never took off as id hoped. I will definatly look into joining .

Not trying to diss what you've created but you can already sign up (automated) to the system that BEC uses which is pretty nice.

Wouldn't it be better to have one system instead of many different ban lists?

Not trying to diss what you've created but you can already sign up (automated) to the system that BEC uses which is pretty nice.

Wouldn't it be better to have one system instead of many different ban lists?

BEC bans are few and far between. If you think BEC blocks a lot of the hackers, then your server probably isn't popular enough to attract them ;)

BEC has personally banned 10 people over my server's entire lifetime. I've banned a couple hundred PERSONALLY. This initiative will work great for those of us who are active.

BEC has personally banned 10 people over my server's entire lifetime. I've banned a couple hundred PERSONALLY. This initiative will work great for those of us who are active.

And this system will be no different unless users contribute....

I am unsure what you mean by "those of us who are active" however I will leave you guys to it.

How do I register for this? Can't see any "form below" on the website.
I'm relaxing a bit over the xmas period - if you want to be a union member then message me here for now, but the bans list is available for public download on the site :)

And this system will be no different unless users contribute....

I am unsure what you mean by "those of us who are active" however I will leave you guys to it.

I mean by those admins who are active about banning people from their servers. I've had spectate mode since before Pwn incorporated it, and I've got a list of over a hundred hackers I banned personally, either watching them or picking them out of my logs. I'd love for them to not cause malice on other people's servers.

Awesome work. Our were one of the first attached to the public hive, I think our banlist is around 3700 atm. I'll have a look at your website tonight.

Ban number #100 has just been delivered. Congratulations to a player called Hawk for the milestone. He was banned on my server for attempting to spawn an ammo crate and teleport all his friends to it.

Congratulations to all union members contributing to the list. (I will respond to those wanting to join in the new year).

Also we are approaching 100 unique downloads - we are at 94 unique IP downloads at present with 146 in total. Remember people - your list is only useful if kept uptodate :) A new list is automatically generated at 00:00 and 12:00 GMT if new bans were issued since the last release.

Happy New Year
Doc

Thanks for releasing the list. I'll be making use of it. :D

To those server owners who have voted, please make yourselves known to me :)

Just an FYI that you can click on the number of votes in the poll to see who voted.

Just to let you all know, concluding conversation I had with some of you on here. You know the community ban list project that never updates? Well I get new update almost every server restart now LMAO!

Back