BanZ Union - Shared ban list between reputable server owners

Please show your interest in the BanZ Union

• Total voters
Killzone kid. I know you have something against this project but your problem is in your name, please stop being a kid and posting fanboy crap on my thread. CBL may update every restart for you, but we also update every 12 hours. There is no rule stopping you from using both lists. Thank you.

Yeah i noticed CBL had an update for new years, nice to see them getting back in action.
Be nice to hear some offical news.

But either way there is no harm in having multiple ban-list projects though.
Just incase one ever goes dark again.
Besides end of the day is up to the admins to use the ban-lists or not.

Tongue in cheek comment disclaimer:
Thought u were happy with just dwbans.txt
Only joking, now if i could just get around to try and implement your vehicle damage code changes :p

Awesome.

Already added the list to my server. Gonna talk to other 3 admins I know to add it too/participate.

Keep up the good job!

No matter who is in charge of the project. Something needs to be done! I am getting 30+ hackers on my server every day.... proofed ones.

Hello,
My (nick)name is MaD and I am the owner and founder of DayZNetwork.fr
We are a french community of DayZ, on our website you will find french news about dayz and youtubers who wanted to join our network.
Our website had 13770 visits last month and we own 3 servers.
The 3 servers are installed on a dedicated server (so we manage everything on it). We use BEC, Gotcha and pyBEscanner as automated anticheats, and of course, I watch the logs files as much as I can.
We also have a dedicated part on our forums to let players report hackers.
Our servers now :
[Chernarus]
FR 3570
94.23.206.69 : 2302
50 slots, veteran
[/Chernarus]

[Taviana]
FR 3573
94.23.206.69 : 2308
50 slots, veteran
[/Taviana]

[Utes PVP]
FR 3573
94.23.206.69 : 2308
50 slots, veteran
We added a Class System to our Utes server, so you can choose to start as Assault, Sniper, Demolition, Medic, Mechanic or Spy, which include differents items like weapons, tools, etc..
[/Utes PVP]

More information to be part of your union ?
You can contact me by PM

Igoooor, I'm currently at university right now, but I will pm you when I get home :) thanks

Hey Doc, just wondering on a progress update. I'm really looking forward to contribute to this project (I have been on and off since early development) but there's some small issues that I see need to be fixed before it become's my fulltime banlist.

1. Is it possible to have some kind of generic ban message in the generated banlist rather than all the admins submitted messages. It would be alot nicer to have "Name - BanZ Union #666" or something similar.
2. I know we've discussed it before, but there's still no way for an admin to remove a ban (noone is 100% perfect with their bans)
3. The biggest issue for me is that I get approx 20 bans a day across my 3 servers and to upload them to the list is painful. I can mass add them but when I do that I can't add any "Accompanying Notes". What I'm suggesting is a system similar to the mass ban add now, but you can paste logs (ie ban logs from pyBEscanner) and it will do a search similar to adding the bans and IP's and find the GUID and IP from the logs and append the data to the bans. This way other admins can also add data to existing bans (if their ban lists aren't up to date for example)

You insight would be greatly appreciated as it seems the DCBL has died again (not the time for Killzone_Kid to debate this again) and we NEED a primary banlist that it easy to use which it's very close to being now, and an accurate one (that bans can be removed from), and professional (the banlist's ban reason)

Hi,

Those are some great ideas K4n30. I've been extremely busy IRL lately and have been sidetracking this project a bit. I will reform on that though. Let's go through your ideas individually.

1. I would like to incorporate that, but the limiting factor is that many programs will clip the length of the ban reason (for some reason I don't understand). I notice this most when issuing immediate bans with Arma2 RCon GUI (IE the most buggy rcon known in existence, lol). We also need to make sure banzunion.com is in the reason so people can appeal if they would like to. At the moment we have the BanZ set ban reason in the bans.txt ban reason, so it would be like BanZ BAN! (ID: xxx) banzunion.com - {reason}
What you are suggesting is nice, but we must also try and include the reason, even if most are the default parameter of Scripting/Cheating. How about adding the reason to your suggestion? So:
{name} - banzunion.com #123 - {reason}
or any other suggestions?

2. Yes, that's on a todo list. For now, if you want to remove a ban, you can message me and I will do it asap manually. The reason it isn't in yet is that I would like to know why a wrong ban was issued in the first place. As all bans must either be log evidence or first hand eye witnessing that they committed the act without any reasonable doubt, there *should* be no reason why a wrong ban was issued in the first place. But yes, I think a better thing is to be able to flag a ban for review, and all of us will see it and be able to comment whether the ban was justified or not.

3. I had a section where you could paste extracts from your bans.txt automatically and it would decompile, decypher and allocate it into the database. I could see how pyBEscanner structures the ban reasons and attempt to make something that extrapolates a ban reason from pyBEscanner logs. I actually wanted to form a partnership with pyBEscanner and link our two systems, but Torndeco never responded :3.

For now, if our current union members can maintain updating the bans list, it would be great. The more data we have stored the better I can programme a system that works with us. It also means BanZ will continue to function whilst I am busy :)

Sounds good :)

1. Sounds a lot better, I think simplifying it from what it is now sounds good.

2. That sounds like a good system for other admin's bans, but I'm more referring to removing your own bans. I understand that bans should not make it in there in the first place but I'll give an example and I guess you can correct me if I'm wrong. I ban anyone caught for using illegal weapons in the publicvarible.log (using pyBEscanner) now 99% of the time that person spawned that weapon in, but there is 1% of the time that an innocent person picked the item up off a dead body. I can verify the innocent person via searching logs and comparing database positions (something public hive server admins cant do) but I'm not going to do that for every single person who gets picked up for illegal items as it's a rare occurence. Should I be adding these ppl to the BanZ union list and remove the occasional false positive, or not adding any of them and other admins potentially missing out

3. I contribute to the pyBEscanner project and can confirm that the *-bans.txt is just an extract of its relevant log file. The bans.txt entry is a 1 line entry which is customisable by the admins so can change depending on individual setup. It would make life so much easier if we could just "add" our *-bans.txt files into the BanZunion system and it extrapolates the name and IP from that, and each line is added as a note. Maybe also an extra field for additional comments too

Why dont your join form work >.<
i want to join.
Servers are popped like 24/7 and we have custom antihax. Better then the stupid leaker AWA wich isnt even the original creator.

Please get in touch with me

Ok, understandable. It's now become very time consuming to add bans now :( but fully understand your reasoning. Any ETA on when we'll be able to paste log extracts (pyBEscanner bans etc) and it'll extract the GUID and IP?

Hey Doc,

i have a few hundred bans i would like to commit to banzunionen, i write you a pm, but didnt receive an answer :-/ Also i wanted to ask why there arent any updates since a few days?

Banzunion is awesome, since i added your bans to my bans.txt, hackercount decreased a lot, and i see hackers getting kicked from it every few hours. Keep it up! :)

Hi

I'm very sorry for neglecting this project and DayZ in general the last few days. My personal life has been really hectic the last week or so and will continue to be for atleast a week longer. Left home at 8am today, and just got in at 1.30am :(

Reason there are no BanZ updates is that most of the bans come from me. Many of the admins who have been granted access to banz do not maintain their ban lists on banz, and this is an issue I will address to the them when I have time. Similarly, adding every ban takes atleast 2-3mins as a lot of evidence is collated. I have a few more to add but obviously as I have not been on my server properly for a few days, the number of hackers I have caught is far lower than usual.

I will try my best to catch up, but cannot make any promises. I have not forgotten about this though.

Doc

EDIT: Just spent the last 40 minutes updating my bans to BanZ. I hope other BanZ members do the same... Time for bed now, will try work on this some more tomorrow

Back