Hi,
Those are some great ideas K4n30. I've been extremely busy IRL lately and have been sidetracking this project a bit. I will reform on that though. Let's go through your ideas individually.
1. I would like to incorporate that, but the limiting factor is that many programs will clip the length of the ban reason (for some reason I don't understand). I notice this most when issuing immediate bans with Arma2 RCon GUI (IE the most buggy rcon known in existence, lol). We also need to make sure banzunion.com is in the reason so people can appeal if they would like to. At the moment we have the BanZ set ban reason in the bans.txt ban reason, so it would be like BanZ BAN! (ID: xxx) banzunion.com - {reason}
What you are suggesting is nice, but we must also try and include the reason, even if most are the default parameter of Scripting/Cheating. How about adding the reason to your suggestion? So:
{name} - banzunion.com #123 - {reason}
or any other suggestions?
2. Yes, that's on a todo list. For now, if you want to remove a ban, you can message me and I will do it asap manually. The reason it isn't in yet is that I would like to know why a wrong ban was issued in the first place. As all bans must either be log evidence or first hand eye witnessing that they committed the act without any reasonable doubt, there *should* be no reason why a wrong ban was issued in the first place. But yes, I think a better thing is to be able to flag a ban for review, and all of us will see it and be able to comment whether the ban was justified or not.
3. I had a section where you could paste extracts from your bans.txt automatically and it would decompile, decypher and allocate it into the database. I could see how pyBEscanner structures the ban reasons and attempt to make something that extrapolates a ban reason from pyBEscanner logs. I actually wanted to form a partnership with pyBEscanner and link our two systems, but Torndeco never responded :3.
For now, if our current union members can maintain updating the bans list, it would be great. The more data we have stored the better I can programme a system that works with us. It also means BanZ will continue to function whilst I am busy
