BanZ Union - Shared ban list between reputable server owners

Please show your interest in the BanZ Union

• Total voters
Ok guys, I've come up with a solution on how to incorporate fast-acting union bans as well as community reports in two phases.

Phase 1
The selected group of hosts will be first checked to see they know how to verify hackers. If a hacker is verified first hand, they can submit a ban to the union bans list where the ban will be issued. With only a few server admins being in the union to begin with, this should be fairly manageable. Although only union members can update this list, any server owner can download it. This is the Union Ban List and it's one report to one ban ratio means that those who know how to verify hackers can get bans onto the ban list without a long wait.

Phase 2
Later down the line, phase 2 will allow all server admins to submit public reports. Access to this is still limited to only those individuals who are verified server hosts. Their reports then get weighted with bans issued to those guid's achieving a weight value that surpasses the benchmark. This community bans list will also be available to all but more than one report per guid is required to achieve a ban.

I hope this makes sense. PS: Phase 1 is nearly finished and I will soon be messaging a few server hosts who I respect to be the pioneering union members. I am also looking for somebody who greatly understands the scripts system to make a guide teaching hosts how to verify hackers.

Well dwarden bans are good enough for me.
Please stop spamming my topic. If you don't like the idea, don't use it and move on. Every other post is you saying dwarden this and dwarden that; you sound like his personal buttplug.

In other news
A preliminary version of the site is ready for testing. It's no Da Vinci masterpiece but I think it does the job. There is obviously a lot more work to do but atleast union members are able to put bans into the system and download bans files.

I would like to invite the following members to help start the group and populate the bans list.
oppahansi
zedar
beowolfschaefer
shinkicker
TheLaughingMan

please message me so I can give you the link and set up an account for you.

If we start testing/populating a list from now then we can expect to start releasing bans files before christmas.

I am very interested in participating in this. I currently run an rMod server, and am getting sick of people spawning in choppers, who I know are just flitting between servers as they get banned.

I've been running a Dayz server for about four months now, and can differentiate between most log anomalies and pretty clearcut scripters. I would consider only the most obvious and blatant as grounds for submission to something of this nature.

Flying an apache on a server where they don't exist sounds about right. :p

Please stop spamming my topic. If you don't like the idea, don't use it and move on. Every other post is you saying dwarden this and dwarden that; you sound like his personal buttplug.

Wow, chill man or you might implode. I only mentioned dwarden once or twice in the entire thread, you gotta be retarded or something if you cant read. But you on the other hand sound like right asshole. Good luck with your failing project.

Wow, chill man or you might implode. I only mentioned dwarden once or twice in the entire thread, you gotta be retarded or something if you cant read. But you on the other hand sound like right asshole. Good luck with your failing project.

Sorry I was a bit stressed out when I wrote that at like 1am... What I meant to say was, if you want to use dwardens bans then great but I still think there is room for what I am trying to achieve.

Word on the street is the CBL is making a comeback after xmas. Just need to sort through the 1000's of outstanding issues.

Source - Jens (the one who has been ill and deals with all the bans) said she was going to try and clean up and catch up over xmas break

Word on the street is the CBL is making a comeback after xmas. Just need to sort through the 1000's of outstanding issues.

Source - Jens (the one who has been ill and deals with all the bans) said she was going to try and clean up and catch up over xmas break

This is great news. I have everything set up already to automatically pull CBL and merge with my banlist on every restart. I've seen about 3 maybe 4 community bans since.

Back