BanZ Union - Shared ban list between reputable server owners

Please show your interest in the BanZ Union

• Total voters
I am also interessted if the project still exists. Trying to contact Doc for some days now, no answers...
yep is an idiot, then after 2 month he say to send him proof of how someone ban. 10 messages after saying the same.
when he has admins using and banning with pybescanner lol and for variable restrictions like hacked weapons lol x2. then you see appeals here wtf?
the project sound good but is shit + a unskilled dev that can't do even a registration page or a search appeal form.

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. this "unskilled dev" (sharkiller) has been very busy with work, university, exams, volunteering and social life to dedicate copious amounts of time to this side project.

I remember you sharkkiller, and have a saved conversation log with you from Feb 2013. Infact, I remember your application as when I asked you to demonstrate your ability in understanding game code (something I do with all applicants) you instead pasted me a pybescanner log claiming it was your own private log. When I asked you to explain why those bans are likely to be hacks, your response was "a 2 years old known that it not good." When I tried to get more information out of you to help you, you responded "nevermind this is stupid. im out."

All members of BanZ have been checked by myself to show some form of competency in understanding caught game code. Yet, unsurprisingly they are only human and sometimes mistakes are indeed made. Nevertheless I stand behind them in every case. This thread clearly states appeals should be pm'd to me and few and far between, I still uphold this duty by responding to every one and dealing with them as quickly as possible.

Next time think twice about these thoughtless accusations you throw at people.

Hey man. Could you check my ban? I would just like to know why i have been banned. Its quite anoying that i cant play with my friends. Ban id : 161 . Playername: SkogisMcSvart

NEW SYSTEM TO DEAL WITH APPEALS AND JOINING REQUESTS. www.banzunion.com/contact Use it instead of messaging me please! I am struggling to respond to the number of people that message me on here. you will get a MUCH faster response using the linked page.

Server owners: please remember to update this list as appeals are sometimes removed as well as bans added, so please update your version even if the total no. of bans is the same/less!

Thank you

Hello. I'm from Ukraine. I never use hack programms, but now i see this message ("Admin Ban(#334) Screapting\Cheating banzunion.com) when try to connectt to every global server. My player name is Jesus-PC. I don't no whyi was bannet, couse i NEVER use cheats.
Please, unban me.
Thank you.

Is Banzunion.com website down or gone for good. I am unable to connect to the website and have been for a few days.

Hi,

My hosting provider closed down. I am in the process of trying to find a new host and transfer all the databases over. Should be back up in a week - I shall also begin sifting throught Server applications to get BanZ going again and hit the ground running!

Assuming this is dead and buried Doc?

I no longer run a server buddy so it's impossible for me to add anyone to the list. On top of this, my personal life is becoming extremely busy. The existing admins weren't contributing bans anymore and it was only me filtering through appeals which was becoming a lengthy job. I think it's time to call quits on BanZ, especially as DayZ is slowing down. Thank you to everyone that contributed and supported the project. Whilst it was running the use of hacks on my server went down tremendously and we have achieved tens of thousands of downloads since it began.

Doc

Hello my name is sam aka Radque and i somehow got on the BanzUnion list and now there are a lot of servers i can't join i have never used scripts of any kind and i still got put on the banzunion list.
I maybe had a program on when i was playing arma that was saying i was using it but im 100% sure that i have never used scripts in arma 2 or arma 2 OA because im a legitimate player.
Is there any way that i could be removed from the list?

Sincerely,
Sam de Jongh.

I am a higher admin on a DayZ Epoch Panthera 2 server, and I have spoken with the server owner and he would like to have our server participate in what you are doing here. I will be the one submitting bans, however, as I am the, for all intents and purposes, manager of the server. I would be more than thrilled to participate and help ID hackers for the community.
I think you missed the part where he said this was dead... I have a community ban list right here on opendayz.net. Feel free to contribute!

Yes, I noticed rather soon after posting, though I never did get around to fixing my mistake. I'll be sure to take a look. Thanks!

--------------------------------------
"Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

There is A BIG DOWNSIDE to this, mainly the abusive server owners whom ban everyone then, walla. You're banned forever.

Thread_Necromancy.jpg

The forums are dead as is, good to bring up old things :3
Yea I got ya. I just don't think these guys are even around anymore. Personally shared bans lists are really only good between a couple of friendly server IF they're popular. But honestly with the cost of new keys these days its pretty pointless to even try.

Back