Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

"DEBUG: needUpdate_objects=

Getting this in my RPT all the time now as well as the NeedUpdate option above.

Some players cannot get out of vehicles once they get in and all the scrollwheel options no longer work for them.

There are just so many little bugs that goes with this. you will get more if you are running it with other mods as well. at the end of the day it all comes down to sand bags what are hard to find on any server. I think a wasteland sort of way for base building is the way to go as most people cant b fucked hunting down the mats to build a wall. i even changed what you needed and stall only 2 people made shit. If you made this back when dayz first came out it would of been a hit but dayz atm is just wasteland all people want to do is pvp well i know thats what kiwis and aussies want to do.
So you did end up getting it to work though? Please share?

For those like me who have never changed the loot table, there's different ways to deal with the lack of sandbags, if you have AI, add it to their inventory so players are fighting the AI and themselves for the rare but needed loot. You could also use the heli loot script that allows you to modify what spawns at crash sites and add sandbags there. This is my plan should I ever get my server back up and working with this mod.

Can't get this to work. Keep getting the script restriction #20 :(
That says to put it on line 23 where as in the installation inctructions the modification point is line 20. At least that's how I interpret it. Anyways here is what I get in the scripts.log

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
_null = [] execVM "dayz_code\external\dy_work\play"
28.03.2013 21:44:46: [I]nick[/I] ([I]IP[/I]:2304) [I]guid[/I] - #20 "eed _vehiclePlayer < -0))) then {

_detonate = "grenade" createVehicle _pos;
_hasBlown = true;
};
if (!isNull _bomb && !_hasBlow"

Oh and I use Reality. Just installed it.

For those like me who have never changed the loot table, there's different ways to deal with the lack of sandbags, if you have AI, add it to their inventory so players are fighting the AI and themselves for the rare but needed loot. You could also use the heli loot script that allows you to modify what spawns at crash sites and add sandbags there. This is my plan should I ever get my server back up and working with this mod.

Or you can simply redo your loot tables entirely and adjust everything as you believe they should be.

There are just so many little bugs that goes with this. you will get more if you are running it with other mods as well. at the end of the day it all comes down to sand bags what are hard to find on any server. I think a wasteland sort of way for base building is the way to go as most people cant b fucked hunting down the mats to build a wall. i even changed what you needed and stall only 2 people made shit. If you made this back when dayz first came out it would of been a hit but dayz atm is just wasteland all people want to do is pvp well i know thats what kiwis and aussies want to do.

This is far from the truth. There are TONS of players out there who want to experience survival again like the game was intended. Players who bitch and whine about things being challenging don't last very long on my server. And in the week that its been back up and running after spending time adding diff things, there's always people online either from NA or EU (map is Celle).

Base building to me is an end game for clans and groups that enjoy creating.

As for sandbags being rare, there's half a dozen ways to change it. A) Change sandbags to something else B) Reduce the number of them required C) Change your loot table D) Add it to crash sites / wrecks E) Add it to AI.

Just because it has some bugs doesn't mean this is useless or not worth it. I find this to be one of the only forms of end game. You can have all the guns in the world and go on shooting rampages, but that'll get old rather fast. CREATING something tends to really drive up the desire to keep going - which in turn create unique pvp and pve challenges.

Most servers cater to lazy players who want to be spoon fed gear and cars with the intent of playing DayZ: Deathmatch. But i assure you there is a very large number of players looking for a place to call home, a place that actually CHALLENGES them as this game was once intended.

Or you can simply redo your loot tables entirely and adjust everything as you believe they should be.

This is far from the truth. There are TONS of players out there who want to experience survival again like the game was intended. Players who bitch and whine about things being challenging don't last very long on my server. And in the week that its been back up and running after spending time adding diff things, there's always people online either from NA or EU (map is Celle).

Base building to me is an end game for clans and groups that enjoy creating.

As for sandbags being rare, there's half a dozen ways to change it. A) Change sandbags to something else B) Reduce the number of them required C) Change your loot table D) Add it to crash sites / wrecks E) Add it to AI.

Just because it has some bugs doesn't mean this is useless or not worth it. I find this to be one of the only forms of end game. You can have all the guns in the world and go on shooting rampages, but that'll get old rather fast. CREATING something tends to really drive up the desire to keep going - which in turn create unique pvp and pve challenges.

Most servers cater to lazy players who want to be spoon fed gear and cars with the intent of playing DayZ: Deathmatch. But i assure you there is a very large number of players looking for a place to call home, a place that actually CHALLENGES them as this game was once intended.
Couldn't agree more! The more mods I add the larger my player base grows and my friends/players are very eager for me to get this working. Manatee, as you know, I run Taviana. Is there any chance you would share your pbo's with me? I know they are for Celle but if I could see how your file paths work that may help. Then I can move forward to figuring out how to get items to save.

Couldn't agree more! The more mods I add the larger my player base grows and my friends/players are very eager for me to get this working. Manatee, as you know, I run Taviana. Is there any chance you would share your pbo's with me? I know they are for Celle but if I could see how your file paths work that may help. Then I can move forward to figuring out how to get items to save.

This is OPENDAYZ.... And I've braced the sharing and learning. While I myself have no real talents but methodically doing things, I am more than willing to share what I've learned and what I've managed to do. Check my server out 50.97.53.250:3153 or search Manatees, note that everything I've added can be found on these very forums and following their respective instructions closely. If you are also in need of my server.pbo, PM me - I'll send them to you.

Sharing is indeed caring.

I pm
This is OPENDAYZ.... And I've braced the sharing and learning. While I myself have no real talents but methodically doing things, I am more than willing to share what I've learned and what I've managed to do. Check my server out 50.97.53.250:3153 or search Manatees, note that everything I've added can be found on these very forums and following their respective instructions closely. If you are also in need of my server.pbo, PM me - I'll send them to you.

Sharing is indeed caring.
I pm'd you.

Version 1.62.102591 Item STR_ACTIONS_BUILD listed twice Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice Item str_stad listed twice Item str_bori listed twice Item str_krakov listed twice Conflicting addon CABuildings in 'ca\buildings\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings\' Conflicting addon A_Crane_02 in 'ca\buildings2\a_crane_02\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\a_crane_02\' Conflicting addon CAHouseBlock_D in 'ca\buildings2\houseblocks\houseblock_d\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\houseblocks\houseblock_d\' Conflicting addon Misc_PowerStation in 'ca\buildings2\misc_powerstation\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\misc_powerstation\' Conflicting addon Ind_Shed_02 in 'ca\buildings2\ind_shed_02\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_shed_02\' Conflicting addon Church_01 in 'ca\buildings2\church_01\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\church_01\' Conflicting addon Ind_Tank in 'ca\buildings2\ind_tank\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\ind_tank\' Conflicting addon Shed_small in 'ca\buildings2\shed_small\', previous definition in 'tavi\tavi\ca\buildings2\shed_small\'

At this point im about to call it a loss. I have to chose between my current format of Fast rope, lift/tow, AI, and parts harvest vs Building. Me and my group played in a server that had basebuilding yesterday and heres what i have to decide a this point....
1. was it fun? The server Admin and owner where absolute ***holes and rookies but we were able to scrounge a few things together to try it out.
2. Their server was not successful even though they had a large clan base with a website vs mine that has no home clan and is growing in popularity.
3. Do I have the energy to keep messing with this?

Not sure about any of these. It is a great concept and neat tutorial video but at this point its looking like it is not possible to "have it all" ;)

So, I have the mod all set up and working correctly. My only question is about the placement of the objects. While you are moving to set the object in place, the object is situated differently than if you are stationary. I have tried lining up fences and after a server restart they are all over the place. Some are in the ground, some are in the air, some are shifted by a good meter, and some are facing a different direction than what I placed them in. I am using this on a Lingor Island map by the way.
  • How do you line up objects to survive a server restart?
I'm guessing that what I see on the screen and what is being placed in the DB is just different because I have placed objects on a hill before so that they are sloped, but the DB does not allow slanted objects and shifts them. So how do we tell what the actual placement is?

Seriously.

No one else gets the whole people getting stuck in vehicles and stuff?

Anyone able to help me with this? I'll paypal twenty bucks to someone who figures out my issue. The entire mod works but sometimes players see guys running in place, get in vehicles and can't get back out, and access gear on tents but cannot move stuff back/forth-- it's as if stuff stops updating for them.

Any help is appreciated and will be rewarded.

Anyone got this fully working for chernarus? I have it somewhat working, for me it always works, seem to make me think its because im listed as admin. Since for other "regular" players their build windows disappears after a half a second. So i guess i would be very happy if someone with a working chernarus one would be so kind to share so i can have a look and find what i did wrong. Or if someone feels extra nice and wanna fix my stuff send me a pm. =) rewarded most likely since this is making my head hurt

Back