Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

You could simply add a compare of the playersUID with ones of an array of the Admin ones like in AdminTools etc at the fn_selfactions.sqf

Then only the admins will have the scrollwheel menu. Maybe like that (untested)

Code:
//Build Recipe Menu Action
if((speed player <= 1) && hasBuildItem && _canDo) then {
if (s_player_recipeMenu < 0) then {
s_player_recipeMenu = player addaction [("<t color=""#0074E8"">" + ("Build Recipes") +"</t>"),"buildRecipeBook\build_recipe_dialog.sqf","",5,false,true,"",""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_recipeMenu;
s_player_recipeMenu = -1;
};

change to

Code:
//Build Recipe Menu Action
if((speed player <= 1) && hasBuildItem && _canDo && ((getPlayerUID player) in ["ADMINPLAYERUID","ADMINPLAYERUID2"])) then {
if (s_player_recipeMenu < 0) then {
s_player_recipeMenu = player addaction [("<t color=""#0074E8"">" + ("Build Recipes") +"</t>"),"buildRecipeBook\build_recipe_dialog.sqf","",5,false,true,"",""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_recipeMenu;
s_player_recipeMenu = -1;
};

Simply replace ADMINPLAYERUID and ADMINPLAYERUID2 with the playerUIDs of your admins.

If you only would want your admins to build bases it's not really that good for your player base on said server, on the other hand, if you want the players to pay for a base on a free game it's better to use the arma editor anyway and set map restrictions on each base.

As for not wanting to crossbuild your server full, we are cross checking the db every month for player UID's if one has not come onto the server for more than 3 weeks all deployables with that UID is deleted.

I've managed to get this working, however nothing is saving to the database still, even having implementing the fixes that were supplied.
I am running Bliss, tents won't save, you pitch them up and they stay for 4 seconds and just disappear and aren't in the database. Same with building something like a bridge or a "land prebehlavka" it will stay, but disappear on restart.

Was wondering, did I miss something or etc?

BaseBuilding 1.2 Improvements is now ready for public release.

I hope you'll like it!

Features of this improvement:
-Objects are now tied to your PlayerUID which is generated by CD Key, you will not lose ownership if you die
-the Keycode which is given after you build something is now exact 4 digits long and is a random number which is reliable and will work after restart even if the object shift!
-as owner you're able to edit your Code anytime to an own 4 digits long code and this code is also reliable and will work after restart even if the object shift ;)
-Admin: Remove Button works for everything (tied to PlayerUID)
-Admin: Can enter any Code and it will be valid (tied to PlayerUID)

http://opendayz.net/threads/release...r-and-editable-keycode-permanent-owner.10485/

BaseBuilding 1.2 Improvements is now ready for public release.

I hope you'll like it!

Features of this improvement:
-Objects are now tied to your PlayerUID which is generated by CD Key, you will not lose ownership if you die
-the Keycode which is given after you build something is now exact 4 digits long and is a random number which is reliable and will work after restart even if the object shift!
-as owner you're able to edit your Code anytime to an own 4 digits long code and this code is also reliable and will work after restart even if the object shift ;)
-Admin: Remove Button works for everything (tied to PlayerUID)
-Admin: Can enter any Code and it will be valid (tied to PlayerUID)

http://opendayz.net/threads/release...r-and-editable-keycode-permanent-owner.10485/

Does this work with Normal Dayz Mod?

Does this work with Normal Dayz Mod?

Please just read the thread it stands all there ;)

as I stated in my project thread I will now release the complete code of my working BaseBuilding 1.2 improvements. I can't say how far this will work on other mods, please backup your files and try it out, I can say that its fully working with DayZ Epoch Mod!

Just try it ou!

Anyone had the issue where people cannot see the build menu?

I can see it, use it, build etc.

The other guys cannot, sometimes it appears from a second, then it dissapears. But they cannot get it up long enough to use it. Obviouly I installed it. I have restarted from scratch and built again, same issue.

Any ideas?

Anyone had the issue where people cannot see the build menu?

I can see it, use it, build etc.

The other guys cannot, sometimes it appears from a second, then it dissapears. But they cannot get it up long enough to use it. Obviouly I installed it. I have restarted from scratch and built again, same issue.

Any ideas?

I had an anti-hack program installed, and that interfered with the scroll menu.

I looked in my 'server_functions.sqf' and this was located below the "Build List Array"

Code:
#include *random* antihack blah blah

I assumed that was my issue. I then, likewise, removed my anti-hack software and it worked.

Yup, I figured it out eventually. As you suggested it's my anti hack interfering with it.

I much prefer having that running to having the base building, but ill contact the creator again and see if he can sort a work around.

Hey has anyone got newly added recipes to save to the database at all? For the life of me I can't get them to publish to my DayZ.ST database. I've added the proper ID's and classnames but when I build them they don't show in instance_deployables. However, every other recipe in deployables DOES save. Everything is working flawlessly except for anything I try to add.

Hey has anyone got newly added recipes to save to the database at all? For the life of me I can't get them to publish to my DayZ.ST database. I've added the proper ID's and classnames but when I build them they don't show in instance_deployables. However, every other recipe in deployables DOES save. Everything is working flawlessly except for anything I try to add.

Sounds that you didn't added them in the serverfiles and just in the missionfile. The array with the buildables is in both files and if you don't add it to the serverfiles at the end of the servermonitor.sqf its not in the array of allbuildables_class so it will be deleted like you didn't added this

http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-9#post-28813

Sounds that you didn't added them in the serverfiles and just in the missionfile. The array with the buildables is in both files and if you don't add it to the serverfiles at the end of the servermonitor.sqf its not in the array of allbuildables_class so it will be deleted like you didn't added this

http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-9#post-28813

Lol, oh wow. Yeah I totally forgot about the array in server_functions.sqf. How derpy of me. Here I was looking all over build_list and server_monitor wondering why I couldn't publish as an allbuildable. Thanks a bunch :)

Edit: Well, made the changes and good news is the recipes are clearing the publish check now.

Code:
 1:39:41 "DEBUG: Checking if Object: 1d42eb00# 1055940: barrack2_ep1.p3d REMOTE is allowed published by Server"
1:39:41 "DEBUG: Object: 1d42eb00# 1055940: barrack2_ep1.p3d REMOTE published by Server is Safe"

Bad news is they still won't write to the database for some reason.

I also have another problem which has recently come to my attention: Grenades (and only grenades) are not being removed out of a player's inventory after the build is complete. Needless to say this will cause duping issues. Also only happening on the added recipes.

Can I get a walkthrough on how to make a deployables sql for myphpadmin bliss? I have an epoch server, which does not have a deployable table.

Having some problems removing objects. Objects don't stay removed after a server restart. I have already tried what it said in the installation.

Hi all,
I'm having an issue where the recipe menu doesn't show up for me in the scroll menu.
Any idea how I can go about diagnosing this?

For any that are interested I put a master code in for my self and a separate one for my admin to allow them to remove any deplorable or access any gate. In your codeComapre.sqf add the following code.

Code:
// compare arrays to see if code matches
    if (typeOf(_panel) == "Infostand_2_EP1") then {
    _validMatch = [_code, (toString _convertInput)] call BIS_fnc_areEqual;
    } else {
    _validObjectCode = [_code, (toString _convertInput)] call BIS_fnc_areEqual;
    };

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------Piggd Panel Override Start---------------------------------------------------------------------
// Server Owner Overide Code
if ( (toString _convertInput) == "12345678901234" ) then {
            _validMatch = true;
        } else {
            _validObjectCode = true;
        };
    };
// Admin Overide Code
if ( (toString _convertInput) == "123456789012345678" ) then {
            _validMatch = true;
        } else {
            _validObjectCode = true;
        };
};
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------Piggd Panel Overide End------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sry i cant find this compare.sqf file ,where should this file be or do i have to create one ...

:(

Back