but when i make a fire place it give me two options
smelt recipes
smelt items

can anyone tell me how this works

Edit :when i smelt items it say "dayz_code\actions\player_smelt.sqf not found"
and when i click smelt recipes nothing happens

anyone with the same issue

I got the smelting working with W4rGo's scripts

ok daimyo I fixed the server functions, but I cant get the build menu to pop up I have buildables and im running crawling nothing pops up, heres my server.pbo.

Attachments

• dayz_server.pbo
    67.4 KB · Views: 7
ok daimyo I fixed the server functions, but I cant get the build menu to pop up I have buildables and im running crawling nothing pops up, heres my server.pbo.

When you figure this out, please share the fix. I am still having the same issue and I have reinstalled it 3 times.

Hey Guys, I recently installed this mod onto my HFB server. This reality - bliss server stuff is really starting to bug the crap outa me. My server runs differently as it seems from reality-bliss servers, meaning the file locations and names are all specific to your hosting provider. Thus on Part 3 - dayz_server (Modified Default Bliss) folder I cannot find the SERVER_FUNCTIONS.SQF, which stores all the DATABASE stuff apparently.

so i have been looking in all the files they have given me for the line check_publishobject = {
"bunch of code inside"
}; But cannot find this reference, either because it is in a diff code or named differently.

another issue SERVER_PUBLISHOBJECT.SQF isnt a file.

so I cant edit this line.

Code:
if (!(_object isKindOf "Building")) exitWith {
deleteVehicle _object;
};
TO:
//if (!(_object isKindOf "Building")) exitWith {
//deleteVehicle _object;
//};
Basically the whole section 3 isnt able to be done because its not reality. which severly limits your mod to just that.
I will upload my DAYZ_CODE.PBO but ive tried to implement this the best way i could. still having issues and its confusing teh hell out of me. when i do get the script pasted into my files and i try to run i get create vehicle restriction. even tho i inserted your battle eye script CreateVehicle.txt to the battleeye folder.
Thanks for all the help. this is a great idea, just mabe if the server companies USED A DAMN REGULATION for how the server files are set up, that be great so that this issue WONT happen and the creator is discouraged to do anything.
Everything works, just doesnt save to database.​

Attachments

• dayz_code (FROM SERVER).zip
    138.4 KB · Views: 10
got this working and loveing it only one thing when we build a pannel it goes bye bye it pops up saying it was built but know one can see it.

got this working and loveing it only one thing when we build a pannel it goes bye bye it pops up saying it was built but know one can see it.
this is prolly your answer!
Keypad disappears on creation probably due to the "dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf"

Inside the server_publishObject.sqf comment out this section:
from

Code:
if (!(_object isKindOf "Building")) exitWith {
    deleteVehicle _object;
};

to

Code:
//if (!(_object isKindOf "Building")) exitWith {
//    deleteVehicle _object;
//};

i have this installed on day.st server....chernarus...building works great ...so far..unable to save to database and somehow when we build a normal tent it dissapears as its being made...any ideas?

ty also i have mocked up a web site for what you need to build each base bits. I will get around to making a list and smaller photos over the next week but this will do for now.

Base Builder DayZ

I got it working ok but I have 2 problems I cannot find a solution too. I am running a DayZ.ST server.

1. the codes I get given when placing an item never work, they seem too long and not all characters fit into the keypad.

2. after a server restart everything is deleted

Any idea's please?

I get an error in the .rpt log at at server start:

Code:
13:16:54 "OBJ: 723407240338252 - Fence_Ind"
13:16:54 "SERVER: in allbuildables_class:Fence_Ind !"
13:16:54 Error in expression <ct _i - _i + 2;
};
};
_isDestructable = _requirements select 13;
diag_log ("SERV>
13:16:54  Error position: <_requirements select 13;
diag_log ("SERV>
13:16:54  Error Undefined variable in expression: _requirements
13:16:54 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 131
13:16:54 "OBJ: 72425723793777 - Fence_Ind"
};
};
diag_log ("SERV>
diag_log ("SERV>

(only tested with deploying 2 fence pieces)

Snippet from my server_monitor.sqf:
Code:
                // Set whether or not buildable is destructable
        if (typeOf(_object) in allbuildables_class) then {
            diag_log ("SERVER: in allbuildables_class:" + typeOf(_object) + " !");
            for "_i" from 0 to ((count allbuildables) - 1) do
            {
                _classname = (allbuildables select _i) select _i - _i + 1;
                _result = [_classname,typeOf(_object)] call BIS_fnc_areEqual;
                if (_result) then {
                    _requirements = (allbuildables select _i) select _i - _i + 2;
                };
            };
            diag_log ("SERVER: " + typeOf(_object) + " _isDestructable = " + str(_isDestructable));

Not sure what I have done wrong. Any ideas?

im very happy to see the script mostly working and like to say thanks and great job but ..is there any idea why ..

1.tents no longer deploy.they dissapear as soon as placed
2.after restart buildings are gone.

i followed the directions to the letter im pretty sure lol, im assuming i screwed up somewhere but no idea. I am able to build objects on first try after i followed the directions.
any help on the matter be greatly appreciated.
running on chernarus on a dayz.st server

its in there perfectly and it still wont work.

Email me files [email protected] and please give detailed description of what your doing in-game and what is not working else I wont even bother as I get about 10 emails a day, many not following the tutorial/updated tutorial.

i have this installed on day.st server....chernarus...building works great ...so far..unable to save to database and somehow when we build a normal tent it dissapears as its being made...any ideas?
What server build are you using? Have you followed the updated tutorial? Look through it again, ive addressed this issue:
For People Running Reality Server Build for 1.7.6.1:

In YOUR "dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf"
Find this function:
check_publishobject = {
"bunch of code inside"
};
And Change this line:
if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects) then {
to:
if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects || (typeOf _object) in allbuildables_class) then {
This will insure that your buildables will write to database.
I got it working ok but I have 2 problems I cannot find a solution too. I am running a DayZ.ST server.

1. the codes I get given when placing an item never work, they seem too long and not all characters fit into the keypad.

2. after a server restart everything is deleted

Any idea's please?

Same as above guy

I get an error in the .rpt log at at server start:

Code:
13:16:54 "OBJ: 723407240338252 - Fence_Ind"
};
};
diag_log ("SERV>
diag_log ("SERV>
13:16:54 "OBJ: 72425723793777 - Fence_Ind"
};
};
diag_log ("SERV>
diag_log ("SERV>

(only tested with deploying 2 fence pieces)

Snippet from my server_monitor.sqf:
Code:
            {
                if (_result) then {
                };
            };
            diag_log ("SERVER: " + typeOf(_object) + " _isDestructable = " + str(_isDestructable));

Not sure what I have done wrong. Any ideas?

https://github.com/Daimyo21/BaseBuilding-DayZ/commit/502189958ed23654a6f446e51ac9bcb563178ee2

Let me know if this works:

Basically change this:

Code:
            {
                if (_result) then {
                };
            };
            if (!_isDestructable) then {
                diag_log("Spawned: " + typeOf(_object) + " Handle Damage False");
                _object addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
            };
            //gateKeypad = _object addaction ["Defuse", "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\enterCode.sqf"];
        };

to

Code:
            {
                if (_result) then {

if (!_isDestructable) then {
                        diag_log("Spawned: " + typeOf(_object) + " Handle Damage False");
                        _object addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
                    };
                };
            };
            //gateKeypad = _object addaction ["Defuse", "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\enterCode.sqf"];
        };

in you server_monitor.sqf

Thanks!

What server build are you using? Have you followed the updated tutorial? Look through it again, ive addressed this issue:
For People Running Reality Server Build for 1.7.6.1:

In YOUR "dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf"
Find this function:
check_publishobject = {
"bunch of code inside"
};
And Change this line:
if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects) then {
to:
if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects || (typeOf _object) in allbuildables_class) then {
This will insure that your buildables will write to database.

Same as above guy

https://github.com/Daimyo21/BaseBuilding-DayZ/commit/502189958ed23654a6f446e51ac9bcb563178ee2

Ok tried changing code as above but items still fail to save, again I am running a DayZ.ST server which I believe is bliss.
Also the pass codes seem to be incorrect all the time, not all digits fit into keypad.

Code:
23:35:33 "OBJ: 723407240338252 - Fence_Ind"
23:35:33 "SERVER: in allbuildables_class:Fence_Ind !"
23:35:33 "SERVER: Fence_Ind _isDestructable = true"
23:35:33 "OBJ: 72425723793777 - Fence_Ind"
23:35:33 "SERVER: in allbuildables_class:Fence_Ind !"
23:35:33 "SERVER: Fence_Ind _isDestructable = true"

Destructable check seems ok now.

Well I have read right through the forums and cannot seem to get it working correctly.

Pin codes always come up as denied and items will not save, I have emptied my deployables table and re inserted the code twice now but still will not save.

EDIT:
Started from scratch an did everything required as ALL read me's state, only thing I can see now that is stopping this from working, ( Saving items to built and placed items), is the fact that 2 files are missing from the download

1. "_selfActions 1.7.6.1 with Base Building 1.2" is not actually in the files, I had to get it from a mate.

2. "BaseBuilding_Deployables" this file is based on Taviana and I am using Chernarus, Open it in word pad and at the top the first line reads "-- Query: SELECT * FROM dayz_tavi2.deployable" and at the bottom the optional code offered is also for Tavi, I dont believe however classnames would change as they are world classnames and it uploads into the database with no errors thrown.

So my run down on this is either "It DOES NOT work on DayZ.ST servers", "I am going dumb and missing something every time" or " It DOES NOT like other mods like NPC's or piXils' Dogs Scripts."

Satchel charges appear to destroy player builables, but they show again on restart. Any way to stop them taking damage from the charges?

i have a dayz.st server and the buildables do not save either...i also run AI ...but im not sure if that could affect the database saving.i keep thinking i missed something in the tutorial/ i have uploaded my files via email to Daimyo21 in hopes he can find the error..if he can ill upload the chernarus files as reference here. i can verify that at least u can build things without getting kicked or whatnot.
but at same time now our tents will not deploy...we can build a tent and as soon as its finished building it dissapears

i have just got this working i havnt run all the test needed bit it saves after a restart. It was a little bit of a bitch to get working but it works good. Aslong as you read all the read me you should be good. For all yous DayZ.ST ppl trying to put it in make shu you folo the reality build and it should work as dayz.st uses a reality database well in a way its reality but its stall there own build. Good luck. And thank for this mod.

Back