Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Thanks again rosska =)

Ranzen: What instance_id do you have in your instnace_vehicle or instance_deplayable?

EDIT: Seems like i have to update to 1.8.0.2, I already checked every file and they all seem to be almost the same, execpt of server_monitor. There i dont know how bring rosskas fix in it to get this working =/ I hope anyone of you have already a clue :)

I have look at this and cannot find the line

Code:
//diag_log ("DW_DEBUG " + _class + " #" + str(_ObjectID) + " pos=" +      (_point call fa_coor2str) + ", damage=" + str(_damage)  );

in my server_monitor file

Thanks again rosska =)

EDIT: Seems like i have to update to 1.8.0.2, I already checked every file and they all seem to be almost the same, execpt of server_monitor. There i dont know how bring rosskas fix in it to get this working =/ I hope anyone of you have already a clue :)

I haven't even taken a look at the 1.8.0.2 server files yet. I had been waiting on Reality update then found out it wasn't getting updated so I kind of just forgot to try and find the new server files.

Ok your files are actually pretty much ok. There is only one thing that needs changed for BB stuff that I can see and that's the order in which you call compiles.
In init.sqf move this line
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                    //Compile regular functions
So that it's directly above this line
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initializes custom variables

Otherwise the standard compiles are overwriting the changes, instead of the other way around.

Also as SchwEde pointed out, it's most likely that you have the wrong instance in init.sqf. I notice you're using my merged mission files, I did mention that you'd need to check the instance in there because your server may not use instance 1.

If you don't have your original files to check, open your database and check either instance_deployable or instance_vehicle and look to see what they say under "instance_ID".

Dayz.st server_files

Hope you can see any chance to get this on 1.8.0.2 working =)

Just had a quick look at it and the bits you have to find are still the same for that file even though it's changed a bit.
Can't test it myself as I've not got any of the 1.8.0.2 files yet, but find.
Code:
waitUntil{initialized};
Then add after
Code:
// ### BASE BUILDING 1.2 ### SERVER SIDE BUILD ARRAYS - START
call build_baseBuilding_arrays;
// ### BASE BUILDING 1.2 ### SERVER SIDE BUILD ARRAYS - END

Then find
Code:
//diag_log ("DW_DEBUG " + _class + " #" + str(_ObjectID) + " pos=" +      (_point call fa_coor2str) + ", damage=" + str(_damage)  );
And directly after that add
Code:
// ##### BASE BUILDING 1.2 Server Side ##### - START
// This sets objects to appear properly once server restarts
        //_object setVariable ["ObjectUID", _worldspace call dayz_objectUID2, true]; // Optional (REMOVE // lines before _object) May fix DayZ.ST issues, or issues related to Panel codes not working thanks nullpo
        if ((_class == "Static") && !(_class == "TentStorage")) then {
            _entity setpos [(getposATL _entity select 0),(getposATL _entity select 1), 0];
        };
        //Set Variable
        if ((_class == "Infostand_2_EP1") && !(_class == "Infostand_1_EP1")) then {
            _entity setVariable ["ObjectUID", _ObjectID, true];
        };

// Set whether or not buildable is destructable
        if (typeOf(_entity) in allbuildables_class) then {
            diag_log ("SERVER: in allbuildables_class:" + typeOf(_entity) + " !");
            for "_i" from 0 to ((count allbuildables) - 1) do
            {
                _classname = (allbuildables select _i) select _i - _i + 1;
                _result = [_classname,typeOf(_entity)] call BIS_fnc_areEqual;
                if (_result) then {
                    _requirements = (allbuildables select _i) select _i - _i + 2;

_isDestructable = _requirements select 13;
                    diag_log ("SERVER: " + typeOf(_entity) + " _isDestructable = " + str(_isDestructable));
                    if (!_isDestructable) then {
                        diag_log("Spawned: " + typeOf(_entity) + " Handle Damage False");
                        _entity addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
                    };
                };
            };
            //gateKeypad = _entity addaction ["Defuse", "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\enterCode.sqf"];
        };
// This sets objects to appear properly once server restarts
// ##### BASE BUILDING 1.2 Server Side ##### - END

Where did you get the mission files for 1.8.0.2? I can't find a download that's actually stating it's been updated. All I can find is 1.8.

going to test it now =)

DayZ.st have already the option to change to the version. So i changed it and downloadet the defauled files :)

EDIT: WORKS!

going to test it now =)

DayZ.st have already the option to change to the version. So i changed it and downloadet the defauled files :)

EDIT: WORKS!

Ah cool, just noticed my hosts have added the option today (been checking that daily and nothing) so I can do that as soon as my server pop clears out.

hmm.. dont know why but for some reason my buildings dont get deleted if i remove them in game and after restart they are not on the same position as there build on.
Hope someone have an Idea

Can these changes be made to 1.8 PBOs, and were there any changes in 1.8.0.1 changes that also must be made in addition to these? I'd like to not have to rebuild from scratch if I don't have to (though I know normally you should :) )

The Base Building fixes I uploaded for 1.8 (check my sig) still work with 1.8.0.1 and 1.8.0.2 though there have been other changes to the files so you shouldn't just use the same files.

Seaweeduk also pointed out that there is apparently an issue with base building things floating in 1.8.0.1, I haven't tested it yet but he posted a link to a fix here. This may not be needed in 1.8.0.2, I don't know yet.

hmm.. dont know why but for some reason my buildings dont get deleted if i remove them in game and after restart they are not on the same position as there build on.
Hope someone have an Idea

Check my sig for the tent fix again. Same fix works for 1.8.0.2 :)

It is instance 1 and I switched the lines around like you said and uploaded the new mission to my server but I'm still having the same problem. It loads the first loading bar, goes to the multiplayer setup screen, I hit "ok", goes through the first load bar then stops on the second about 1/5th finished and a zero in the bottom right pops up and it stops there. Hope that gives a little more information.

It is instance 1 and I switched the lines around like you said and uploaded the new mission to my server but I'm still having the same problem. It loads the first loading bar, goes to the multiplayer setup screen, I hit "ok", goes through the first load bar then stops on the second about 1/5th finished and a zero in the bottom right pops up and it stops there. Hope that gives a little more information.

That's strange, it loaded up ok for me using your files. It was a little slow on the loading screen progress but it did still proceed into the game. What is your server IP and port number? I can try hoping onto it to see if I can log in to that ok.

Building floating Bug is still there in 1.8.0.2 I will check my files again. Thanks for the Fix-Link

Oh really? It must just be certain buildings because so far I've got three things in and none of them are floating after a server restart. I can't check his fix just now though because pastebin is down. I'll have to wait for it to come back up and try to narrow down what he actually changed as I've already got other edits in that file.

That's strange, it loaded up ok for me using your files. It was a little slow on the loading screen progress but it did still proceed into the game. What is your server IP and port number? I can try hoping onto it to see if I can log in to that ok.

update, my friend tried joining and he was kicked for script restriction #20
198.15.113.90:2962
*i was kicked for the same thing. it is finally going further than before. I let it sit at the load screen overnight last night and it stayed at the load screen I mentioned so the files you had me change did something.
update: with the original script.txt i am able to log in.
update 2: I keep getting kicked for create vehicle restriction #71 after i edited the script.txt again. (I might be stupid, stand by. this was my own fault, i re-uploaded the same file.)
update 3:It is something wrong with the script.txt, I am probably just editing it wrong.

update, my friend tried joining and he was kicked for script restriction #20
198.15.113.90:2962

Ahhhhh ok, that makes sense then so you just weren't getting told but you were actually being kicked. You'll need to look at your scripts.log then and see what filters you need to add. Every time they seem to change haha.

Back