Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

i'
I don't know what version of DayZ the Overwatch 0.2.4 uses, but if you're running with a Reality hive then you'll need to apply the 'tent fix' as it actually affects all deployable items. Either the link in my sig will work, or maybe this one here if it's running an older version of DayZ still.

I'm using reality build, i try to add the tent fix, i think i doesn't need the first fix, not? in the second fix, for remove problems. I have problems to implement it, because my code is different and does not affect me when applying:

my code:
Code:
_object_killed = {
    _object setDamage 1;
    call _object_damage;
};

And I dont understand why my code to send data to DB is diferent:

Code:
_object setVariable ["characterID",dayz_characterID,true];
PVDZ_obj_Publish = [dayz_characterID,_object,[_dir,_location],_classname];
publicVariableServer "PVDZ_obj_Publish";
} else {cutText ["You need the EXACT amount of whatever you are trying to build without extras.", "PLAIN DOWN"];call _funcExitScript;};

only when I tried to change PVDZ_obj_Publish instead of dayzPublishObj as was originally in my default files, began recording in the database, may fail something in the code that I modified. any ideas? thanks in advance

If you had to change that variable, you should probably use the 1.8 fix in my sig. It has all the updated public variables. I wasn't sure if Overwatch used 1.8 yet or not. :)

Hi I haven't posted here in a while. Just wondered if some one could explain how the key panel for opening a base is supposed to work? What does it open? Does it need linking with something? Can you set a password?

Also players who have built something can at first remove it straight away and get refunded for the buildable beind deconstructed. But I think after they die or a server restart not entirely sure it forgets they built it and makes them "attempt" to deconstruct it as if they didn't even build it.

Any one who has any idea what I'm on about help would be awesome! x)

Hi I haven't posted here in a while. Just wondered if some one could explain how the key panel for opening a base is supposed to work? What does it open? Does it need linking with something? Can you set a password?

Also players who have built something can at first remove it straight away and get refunded for the buildable beind deconstructed. But I think after they die or a server restart not entirely sure it forgets they built it and makes them "attempt" to deconstruct it as if they didn't even build it.

Any one who has any idea what I'm on about help would be awesome! x)

Key panels open 'gates', the gates are the concrete walls. Those thin grey ones that are like the second or third item in the build list. They will toggle all of them within a 300m radius I believe it is. You can't change the code, without Kikyou's improvements, though that's going to change soon.

The removal script currently checks the 'owner_id' of the deployable item, against the 'character_ID' of the player trying to remove it. Sadly, once you die, you get a new character_ID. It's not a great work around, but what you can do is put an SQL script in place to update the deployable items of dead players before each server restart.

Code:
CREATE EVENT `updateDeployableOwners` ON SCHEDULE EVERY 6 HOUR STARTS '2013-09-02 05:56:00' ON COMPLETION NOT PRESERVE ENABLE COMMENT 'Update deployable owner if they died' DO UPDATE instance_deployable d LEFT JOIN (
SELECT DISTINCT d.owner_id, s.unique_id
FROM instance_deployable d
LEFT JOIN survivor s ON s.id = d.owner_id
WHERE s.is_dead =1
) AS dead ON dead.owner_id = d.owner_id
LEFT JOIN survivor live ON live.unique_id = dead.unique_id
SET d.owner_id = live.id WHERE live.is_dead =0

Adjust the times in that to suit your restart schedule and then run it as an SQL Query.

This too will soon become a thing of the past. Watch this space haha.

0.2.4 is 1.7.7.1 the new one uses the 1.8 i have 0.2.4
only write, no remove no edit ( in my inprovements version) y have 1 only base build and 1 with improvements, rosska85, you're earning a place in the special thanks, Thanks for taking

Key panels open 'gates', the gates are the concrete walls. Those thin grey ones that are like the second or third item in the build list. They will toggle all of them within a 300m radius I believe it is. You can't change the code, without Kikyou's improvements, though that's going to change soon.

The removal script currently checks the 'owner_id' of the deployable item, against the 'character_ID' of the player trying to remove it. Sadly, once you die, you get a new character_ID. It's not a great work around, but what you can do is put an SQL script in place to update the deployable items of dead players before each server restart.

Code:
CREATE EVENT `updateDeployableOwners` ON SCHEDULE EVERY 6 HOUR STARTS '2013-09-02 05:56:00' ON COMPLETION NOT PRESERVE ENABLE COMMENT 'Update deployable owner if they died' DO UPDATE instance_deployable d LEFT JOIN (
SELECT DISTINCT d.owner_id, s.unique_id
FROM instance_deployable d
LEFT JOIN survivor s ON s.id = d.owner_id
WHERE s.is_dead =1
) AS dead ON dead.owner_id = d.owner_id
LEFT JOIN survivor live ON live.unique_id = dead.unique_id
SET d.owner_id = live.id WHERE live.is_dead =0

Adjust the times in that to suit your restart schedule and then run it as an SQL Query.

This too will soon become a thing of the past. Watch this space haha.

How does the key panel work then? Are you saying if I built one by some one elses base it would just open all their gates? Or if I build a key panel will it only open gates that I've built?

How does the key panel work then? Are you saying if I built one by some one elses base it would just open all their gates? Or if I build a key panel will it only open gates that I've built?

Yeah, sadly they aren't the most secure really because if you did build one near somebody else's gate, you could open their gates. Though there can only be two key panels within a 300 meter radius of each other, so if they were smart they would already have built one on the inside and one on the outside meaning nobody else could come along and build one near their stuff.

Ah ok that makes sense well that's secure enough. Just got kicked though when opening my gate.. Any ideas? xD

Sorry here's the text from my setvariable log...

06.11.2013 16:07:05: $toney (86.174.164.93:2304) ffce107bcb0122a3f4b732ea2858fc41 - #0 "inmotion" = 1 17:159 Infostand_2_EP1

Sorry here's the text from my setvariable log...

06.11.2013 16:07:05: $toney (86.174.164.93:2304) ffce107bcb0122a3f4b732ea2858fc41 - #0 "inmotion" = 1 17:159 Infostand_2_EP1

Just add !"inmotion" to the first line of your setvariable.txt file.

Does any body know where I can find Kikyou's improvements to the key panels? Got a few groups locked out of their base with cars :)

There is a bug where players can hit "remove Object" a few times and with tha it is possible to dubilcate some items.
Has someone a fix for it?
Maybe a cool-down before you can hit the option again or something.

Thanks

For now, open player_remove and after
Code:
disableserialization;
Add
Code:
player removeAction s_player_deleteBuild;
s_player_deleteBuild = -1;
player removeAction s_player_deleteCamoNet;
s_player_deleteCamoNet = -1;
Should remove the action from their screen. Since the fn_selfActions is already set not to show the option if people are removing an item that should already prevent it coming back.

Back