BiPlane With M240? Oh Yes....

I would like to know if there's anyone out there who's tested if AI are able to use biplanes with added weapons?

I would like to know if there's anyone out there who's tested if AI are able to use biplanes with added weapons?

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to, while it doesn't add the model, it's still a weapon. And from what i've seen (of most ai) they'll use any weapon given to them

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to, while it doesn't add the model, it's still a weapon. And from what i've seen (of most ai) they'll use any weapon given to them

Cool. If it does work, then I'll be having some fun testing armed AI biplanes soon.

Cool. If it does work, then I'll be having some fun testing armed AI biplanes soon.

You should (using the attachto command etc etc) make a biplane with some m240 tripods or nests on the wings / tail & see about getting AI on them :). I use something like this, except my planes have 6 TOW pods :D

It takes so long to shoot down an other plane with the M240 so i have put an M230 instead =) and on our admin spawned plane and little bird we have the GAU8 from the A10 and M230 and it would not be complete without a HeliBombLauncher =)

How do you select a specific plane to get weapons that the other planes do not? Your plane sounds way to op lol i just put pkts and a smaller gatling gun on mine and its a bit op. The particular gatling i use only has 300 rounds so much more balanced

We have done like the OP and added the M240 with three mags of 1200Rnd_30x113mm_M789_HEDP only to the AN2_DZ =) and i try to allwasys have 2 or more AN2's on the server for dogfights =) maybe i shoud add some in the mission.sqf so they are restored upon restart.
And our admin versions is spawned by admin tools script so its only that vehicle that gets the op guns realy fun to destroy houses in cherno or elektro =) or just hunt AI bandits or hackers/dickheads

This is the spawn script we use, this one also change texture to the new UH1H_DZ2 that has the desert skin to somthing whatever you like, make a 4x4 pixel pink jpg and you shoud get a pink heli =) texture may not work on all vehicles.
Code:
_spawn = "UH1H_DZ2";
_posplr = [((getPos player) select 0) + 2, ((getPos player) select 1) + 2, 0];
_dirplr = getDir player;
_spwnveh = _spawn createVehicle (_posplr);
_spwnveh setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

//Optional settings below

//Texture
_spwnveh setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [0, ""tex.jpg""]";
_spwnveh setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [1, ""tex.jpg""]";
processInitCommands;

//Weapons
_spwnveh addWeapon "GAU8";
_spwnveh addWeapon "M230";
_spwnveh addWeapon "HeliBombLauncher";

//Ammo
_spwnveh addMagazine "1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10";
_spwnveh addMagazine "1200Rnd_30x113mm_M789_HEDP";
_spwnveh addMagazine "2Rnd_FAB_250";

hint "Heli is loaded";

Edit: like the UH1H and Mi17 the main turent "Crew chief" gets the guns, i have to do some researtch on how to select witch one that gets the guns.

We have done like the OP and added the M240 with three mags of 1200Rnd_30x113mm_M789_HEDP only to the AN2_DZ =) and i try to allwasys have 2 or more AN2's on the server for dogfights =) maybe i shoud add some in the mission.sqf so they are restored upon restart.
And our admin versions is spawned by admin tools script so its only that vehicle that gets the op guns realy fun to destroy houses in cherno or elektro =) or just hunt AI bandits or hackers/dickheads

This is the spawn script we use, this one also change texture to the new UH1H_DZ2 that has the desert skin to somthing whatever you like, make a 4x4 pixel pink jpg and you shoud get a pink heli =) texture may not work on all vehicles.
Code:
_spawn = "UH1H_DZ2";
_posplr = [((getPos player) select 0) + 2, ((getPos player) select 1) + 2, 0];
_dirplr = getDir player;
_spwnveh = _spawn createVehicle (_posplr);
_spwnveh setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

//Optional settings below

//Texture
_spwnveh setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [0, ""tex.jpg""]";
_spwnveh setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [1, ""tex.jpg""]";
processInitCommands;

//Weapons
_spwnveh addWeapon "GAU8";
_spwnveh addWeapon "M230";
_spwnveh addWeapon "HeliBombLauncher";

//Ammo

hint "Heli is loaded";

Edit: like the UH1H and Mi17 the main turent "Crew chief" gets the guns, i have to do some researtch on how to select witch one that gets the guns.

where do you put this? in the same place as this thread?

oh interesting Ive never seen it before.. sounds sort of like an admin version of what the scripters might use.

Yup, not every version has it from what I can tell though. to easily check if yours does, in your arma 2 OA root folder, make a hangender folder then in that folder make an sqf named start.sqf then in game (as an admin) press delete

stealing this thread temporarily to see if someone minds giving me hand with a battleye script kick #82 for
map2dami?? Its for my admin tool and its kind pissing me off lol

Im currently using the m230 on mi an2's but the explosive ammo HEDP is causing lagg, think it the smoke effect from the shells expolding. Is there any other Ammo i could use without the HE smoke lag mess?

DangerRuss Well-Known Member
Alright dude so Im not the best with this stuff, and maybe my advice is wrong, but I would give it a shot and see what happens... a couple things stood out to me... heres a copy of what I have on my server
Code:
};
if (_entity isKindOf "AN2_DZ") then {
_entity addWeapon "GAU12";
_entity addMagazine "300Rnd_25mm_GAU12";
_entity addWeapon "PKT_2";
_entity addMagazine "100Rnd_762x54_PK";
};

if (_entity isKindOf "MH6J_DZ") then {
_entity addWeapon "M240_veh";
_entity addMagazine "100Rnd_762x51_M240";
};
#ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG

ok I wanted to show you the line directly above it, and directly below it... I think you need to bring line 197 over in line with the rest of the code and I think you need to close the gap between lines 201 and 203 so that there is no space between the lines of code. So try copy pasting this

Found this post of yours russ, ill save you the trouble of looking. lol

Howerver i do notice you are adding the pkt too. how does this work, gun for a passenger? or is it pilot only.

Can i add this to the GUE motorcylce , always wanted to be chuck norris in deltaforce.​

Tested this and its working for DayZ 1.8.... the server_monitor has changed so the line of code isn't in the same spot it used to be, but its still the same line of code and the instructions are still the same.
Would you let me know wich spot the code has to go for 1.8 inside Server_monitor? Would be great.

Would you let me know wich spot the code has to go for 1.8 inside Server_monitor? Would be great.

The directions are exactly the same.. the code has just moved. Run a search in the script for this line
#ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG
and add it above it and below this
_entity call fnc_veh_ResetEH;
};

DangerRuss Well-Known Member
Alright dude so Im not the best with this stuff, and maybe my advice is wrong, but I would give it a shot and see what happens... a couple things stood out to me... heres a copy of what I have on my server​
Code:​
};​
if (_entity isKindOf "AN2_DZ") then {​
_entity addWeapon "GAU12";​
_entity addMagazine "300Rnd_25mm_GAU12";​
_entity addWeapon "PKT_2";​
_entity addMagazine "100Rnd_762x54_PK";​
};​
if (_entity isKindOf "MH6J_DZ") then {​
_entity addWeapon "M240_veh";​
_entity addMagazine "100Rnd_762x51_M240";​
};​
#ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG​
ok I wanted to show you the line directly above it, and directly below it... I think you need to bring line 197 over in line with the rest of the code and I think you need to close the gap between lines 201 and 203 so that there is no space between the lines of code. So try copy pasting this​
Found this post of yours russ, ill save you the trouble of looking. lol​
Howerver i do notice you are adding the pkt too. how does this work, gun for a passenger? or is it pilot only.​
Can i add this to the GUE motorcylce , always wanted to be chuck norris in deltaforce.​

All of these guns you add are for the driver/pilot only. They basically give your vehicle crosshairs that point straight forward. You cannot move the crosshairs except by changing which direction the vehicle is facing. The PKT's work fine albeit nearly impossible to hit infantry with them in a plane. The gatling guns are a bit overpowered but they're about the best I could find since they only have 300 rounds.

You should technically be able to add these to any vehicle that doesn't normally have guns. IDK if it works on vehicles that already have guns. IMO it would be very useless on a motorcycle. Youd have to be driving directly at whatever you're trying to shoot and motorcyclces are very touchy. Not to mention, you'll probably just get shot off the thing before you hit anybody. But knock yourself out and give it a shot and see if you like it!

The directions are exactly the same.. the code has just moved. Run a search in the script for this line
#ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG
and add it above it and below this
_entity call fnc_veh_ResetEH;
};

My Problem is that this code is no more existing in 1.8.0.3 wich Iam using.
It is now _object call fnc_veh_ResetEH; and is followed by a }else{ function.
The #ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG isnt there no more at all.
If I place it there or just after it wont work and spam the RPTlog with many Errors.
I tried more diffrent positions but cant find the right one.
HEEEEEElP!!! lol.

Back