Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

Get me a new logo that says Day 7 Sahrani i/o DayZ and I will! Can not in ANY WAY use the original DayZ artwork as a source. I'm not much of an artist, and don't know PS/GIMP for shit... so this might not go so well...

YOSHI!!!!!!!

Here's what I came up with quickly (it's just two fonts)

LZdp2Vk.jpg

So... 'Sahrani' placement... the dot from the 'i' is right below the 7 right now, idea being to imply mystery?

not sure if it looks dumb or that's cheesy or what... thoughts/input welcome...

I might try to bang out a few more attempts? but again, I'll have to learn how to use the software which just blows.

5pcI8.jpg

attempt 2

I don't like the 7 in that font, and the white surround on the DAY doesn't look very good IMO... I guess graphic designers get paid well for a reason... I'm sure if I hammered away at it for a while I could come up with something better.. but it'll do for now I suppose.

I'd love for the DAY bit to look like a hollow abyss with fog/crepuscular light escaping from the edges of the lettering... I would also like a ferrari... some one gimmie both NOW!

Sort of threw everything and the kitchen sink at this one... I think I might be able to get a decent one together...

5ppOn.jpg

Few more tries might get it done enough for now. Then do a quick tuneup to the splash screen... then back to the Goddam loottables... ugh...

lol, forgot to hit post reply, here is what I'm going to live with for now unless someone wants to do a better one:

5prAK.jpg

I'm playing with a way to load the default DayZ logo as it is, then load Yoshi's modifications ON TOP of that with the 7 overlayed over the Z and a heliwreck/smoke blocking some bits on the far right... Should look ok but not sure if it's going to be ok or not...

Here's a rough impression it's missing the heliwreck/smoke behind the red seven blocking out the Z etc on the logo...

5pIHk.png

I am not sure the two images can stack like that so I'll play with it tomorrow as is, and then if it works I'll spend a bit more time on it...

Any artists who want to help I can link the source.... although I'd sort of like t odo it ground up.

The reason we kept the "DayZ" and never changed names earlier is we saw it as sort of rip-offy, but it would appear they want folks to use different names despite the use of it's code...

I suppose it's logical they want to avoid brand confusion.

Any input is welcome...

So FYI M1lkm8n told me no lol... he wants to finish off all the buildings that have been done so far, so they are all up to snuff and then we release the same version of the map for A2 and DayZ....

Gives me more time to tinker and polish... I have some more ideas for a logo but really lack the skills to do what I want...

Also have to make sure this package is really clean, I don't want to deal with any install issues after the fact, and don't like that we are basically a total PITA to deal with for anyone who's not VERY proficient.

So many little things, it's crazy, I would have released with essentially the build I just spent 10+hrs cleaning up and tuning....

The way everything is configured is going to make the editor a mission/map/cinematic editors wet dream....

I'm almost done with the loot, and M1lkm8n says he's gotten 2 more buildings finalized, so not much more left to do for either of us.

Not sure for a date since it's dependent on the map build and that could go quick or slow.

Ok, again I suck at PS, but I can draw with a pencil sort of ok, I did this VERY fast to give an idea of what I'm thinking of... although it's still rough...

5ux3P.jpg

But honestly something as simple as removing the DayZ and putting a Heli wreck with smoke and the 7 overlayed where the Z would be, then we can call the original untouched logo under ours and it will block out the Z.

UoPN8sBl.png

not sure why it looks like that... but it doesn't?

5uARl.png

See this way we keep our super cool logo, change the name, and still pay homage to the original mod....

Yeah I mean I LOVE the original logo. I knew when you did it that it would get put in our face that we used the official logo but I just couldn't not use it.... I think this is a perfect balance.

The loot and zombie positions are almost all done. I put down a couple of the larger feature buildings that end up on the map in United Sahrani, although they're not enter-able so they're just eye candy... although I could make them spawn specialized loot for some future mechanics... it's a few quarry factories and sawmills....

With the map/building changes I sort of want to redo the vehicle tables too but that's a total pain...

I still have to finish the loot, and zombie spawning... I've made it so there are more zombies but I might back it off again... It's like polishing a turd, I hate these zombies from head to toe... even with the helmeted and vested zeds taking more shots to kill they just suck... I miss our 0.2.1 zombies that everyone else hated.

It's a really tight build at this point though, I've stumbled upon and fixed a TON of bugs... and added some cool little stuff.

I didn't even realize but I had added a black background to the vehicles compass' so when you're flying around the white numbers don't wash out... it looks really nice... the alpha'd debug and action menu's are sexy as fuck, the white reticules are boomin'...

Here's the compass for the UH1:

i28gDGSl.jpg

Nonov, U'r making me jizz :)

My exams are almost done. Will have a holiday soon. Maybe can help u out with some stuff then :)

Honestly no real date in mind at this point. I'm in the middle of redoing the loot tables still. M1lkm8n has a few more buildings to get through, then once he sends me a final build of the map, we can release both...

I'm going away in the middle/end of Dec and won't be back till Jan. I hope to put it out before then...

My back issues are sort of rearing their head again so I can't push it at all... I'll get done what I can when I can so we'll see.

Here's the new/improved A1 pub:

Touched base with M1lkm8n tonight, he's going to give me a fresh build to work with and test, and button up his end over the next week or two hopefully.

I got more of the loot done tonight as well, so we should be good for a release before I go for sure. I'll try to push through on the loot, it's the most boring thankless job in the universe.

Got a new build from M1lkm8n to check out, going through all the changes I've done... STILL have not finished all the loot positions, much less redone the loot tables... but getting pretty close... should be onto the tables by the weekend, then it should go pretty quick..

Bumped into some more oddities but think I've got a decent handle on getting them sorted out quick once I get through the loot... easy enough to back out if not.

Back