Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

v0.2 Shall be out soon :) Finally finished all of the 1.7.5.1 code changes plus a few little fixes here and there :)

I'm working on base building mechanics for 0.2 right now ;)

A little screenshot :

buildingmech.png

A little update on the status of the Port.

We are currently working to perfect 0.2. The following is what we will say is being changed. This is not everything on the to do list. There are some goodies planned for the release of 0.2.

• Change spawn system
  • Final debugging of vehicle spawns
  • Finalize loot spawns
  • Ambiance
  • More buildings

Any Date when it will be published? I cant wait for the Update, like the Map soooo much, only thing i dont liked was that nearly all military loot spawned at one location, no deerstands, no firestations... if you need any help, i could edit in some deerstand-positions and send you the mission file?

We have no date set in stone yet, but I would say two-three weeks. We have been addressing all loot spawn issues and are currently adding deerstands and other building the spawn military loot.

U went from 2-3 weeks till next release + no decision on dayz-commander release...

To v0.2 released @
http://dayzhorror.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1686-dayz-sahrani-installation/

No Server Files ?
DayZ Commander Release Timetable ?

The long wait on v0.2 + no timetable for dayz commander release date was 2 main reasons i shutdown my sahrani servers

The Dayz Horror Community is doing testing for Dayz Sahrani. That is Test version 1 of v0.2 and is not a final release. The version that they are testing is an alpha build to the beta build . When v0.2 is released I will announce it, right now we are doing a lot of testing with the changes we are making. Server files will also be released with the full 0.2 version. Dayzcommander is a goal but I cannot determine when it goes on, that is for dotjosh to decide.

I want to stress that we are working to make 0.2 a flawless release and the new additions in 0.2 will hopefully make it worth the wait.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?...-testers-for-the-new-map-sahrani/page__st__40

Its never mentioned...
U could have just done private testing on locked servers & released server hotfixes to mission fix stuff.
Until u came up with a stable release u liked for dayz commander.

Any normal player that see's 0.1 & 0.2 servers on server listings when searching for Sahrani map to test it out
They will see a newer 0.2 release & go download it instead.

I mean why would anyone play on an older version of map, when newer one has new weapons / features / buildings.

Anyway gl with all your future work, i guess i look elsewhere.

We are working to put together a post detailing the plans, however they are still evolving...

FOR NOW just for clarity:

1. Server Hosts

The final server files WILL BE PUBLIC and NOT in anyway controlled by us or dayzhorror.com to our own or their financial gain.

We will not be supporting the server files released previously further, we have moved on to a closed test of the next version so we have direct communication with everyone running a server and can get consolidated feedback from the server admins.

2. Clients

This is an open test and anyone can play on the servers that are being put up.

We want to get as clean and polished a product as possible for release to the public through the normal methods.

++++

We are not sure of a timeline to dayzcommander/play with six/six updater but the server files WILL be released to the public for at least one week PRIOR to that date. I'm guessing a month or two at MOST.

We want to have a properly developed polished product for all parties hosts and players and distributors we welcome EVERYONE to join the conversation there or continue leaving suggestions and comments here. I will start a New thread for 0.2 suggestions and comments on here as well...

I can't begin to explain how much we appreciate the support we were shown INSTANTLY and same goes for the server hosts who so quickly adopted our slapped together server package and immediately had comments, suggestions, and fixes laying at our feet.

We have picked up user "Seven" who are I dare say is better than the original 3 put together. He is cranking out work as is the original group AND our other new addition "PepinKr" who has brought an entirely new level of depth to our port BASE BUILDING!

We are buttoning down our development and work distribution methodologies and should soon be a well oiled machine ready to crank out an AMAZING port for the public to enjoy as much as we on the team have so enjoyed all the contributions made by others.

I hate that everyone hides theire serverfiles now for months after first release... this sucks! I mean its ok to do some tests on a private server, giving things a try and ask for feedback... but it simply sucks when you love a map and arent able to host it by yourself. Always get the feeling that this is only done for promoting issues for some kind of dayz community... :-(

We are not doing this for promoting, I personally hate that type of attitude to gaming. We are open. Currently we have closed files to keep it easier to maintain server changes and error logs.

Currently going through the problem with one of our providers purposely changing files to enable bliss and breaking my code, so I'm getting bug reports that are nothing to do with the map.

Simple things like that is why we have closed files. The files will be public once the server files are good and i'm happy with them to go public

You can feel how you want, but I can promise you that has NOTHING to do with it.

This closed test is driving us nuts too. And we don't like it but to be honest... We are changing WAY WAY too much to let it out as is. It will be 2 totally different games... and will cause HUGE confusion..

Our next major step will have so many changes that most DB's will have problems keeping up.

If we released the files now it would lead to lazy people keeping up old "crappy" versions of our Map because it will seem like the easy thing to do (it won't be).

Right now it's essentially dayz 1.7.5 on the Map Sahrani with a few builings and vehicles added... in the end it will be entirely different... We're removing entire classes of buildings and replacing them with enter-able buildings. Adding stuff that was never there to begin with.

Beyond that we are adding tons of mechanics models/skins/vehicles/weapons so it would be lame IMO to have a fractured release where some servers have this and others have that.
So if we released now we would end with MASSIVE confusion. The map will be completely changed... We're doing our best to get it done asap...

If you really want it out sooner rather than later then apply with your skills to the Recruitment Thread ;-)

Hey,
i can't join the Sahrani Servers...
i get always this message:

I have copied the "@DayZ_Sahrani" Folder to D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Hey,
i can't join the Sahrani Servers...
i get always this message:

I have copied the "@DayZ_Sahrani" Folder to D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Looks like you have some other mod called dayz_conflicts enabled.

ya i saw this folder, but i dont know for what it is...i will try to delete it and see if it helps. Thanks

EDIT:

Okay it seems that DayZ_Conflicts is an folder of the DayZ_Celle Map. After i deleted Conflicts, i get this:

so i deleted DayZ_Celle folder too. But now i get this message:

I dont know what to do now -.-'

ya i saw this folder, but i dont know for what it is...i will try to delete it and see if it helps. Thanks

You should not have to delte it. The problem is that whatever you are using to launch the game should not have it enabled, be it by batch file or whatever. Just remove it from your active mods and only have dayz sahrani enabled.

I'm using DayZ Commander to start the game.
Then i go to Main Menü -> Remote -> type the IP and connect.

How do u join a server like Sahrani?^^

P.S. I have many installed maps like Taviana, Origins, Namalsk, etc. and i never had problems to join a server.

Back